AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Just Smoking & Drinking (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   BEER lovers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=16225)

Formerly YB-2 07-13-2019 03:24 PM

If you get to Durango, CO stop by the Steamworks Brewery. Decent food and excellent beer. Had their pineapple wheat beer and was delicious (they know how to keep their beer cold :thumbsup:). Also, their Lizard Head red ale is very nice. However, their habanero beer is VERY habanero, so be warned.

Formerly YB-2 04-16-2020 05:04 PM

One of the problems with 'staying in' is I've run out of beer. My local delivery guy only had Sam Adams 'Cold Snap' white ale (and the usual NA non-beer beers, of course). He said his delivery will show up ??? Ah, well.......... while not my favorite, it is decent and will keep me going until he has something better. At least we stocked up on wine, so shouldn't suffer there. When his supplies arrive I'll buy a couple of cases. Glad that beer doesn't go bad. As someone said............... beer, a sign that god (all of them) loves us.

Edit - have discovered that, after my 2nd 'Cold Snap', it is an unusual beer. I usually prefer my beer icy cold. However, this is the first beer I've run across that not only tastes good above fridge-temp, but is noticeably better around 44-45F.

custodian 06-03-2020 01:58 PM

Westvleteren 12, well deserved reputation as the worlds best beer. Outstanding

bart 06-03-2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custodian (Post 1006287)
Westvleteren 12, well deserved reputation as the worlds best beer. Outstanding

From my neck of the woods. Good choice!

Formerly YB-2 06-04-2020 07:06 AM

At ~$40/bottle it had better be good. And we think mark-up on high-end stereo gear is high.

JemHadar 06-04-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1006333)
At ~$40/bottle it had better be good. And we think mark-up on high-end stereo gear is high.

🤯 what...it is good, although a bit overrated (I know...blasphemy, but I’m Belgian...so I can say it [emoji56]), but 40$....pffff

bart 06-04-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jem666 (Post 1006343)
🤯 what...it is good, although a bit overrated (I know...blasphemy, but I’m Belgian...so I can say it [emoji56]), but 40$....pffff

We do have better ones indeed.
Fortunately it's only 5€ here.

Formerly YB-2 06-08-2020 12:26 PM

Looking forward to having one or two or........ while we are there next (whenever that may be? - wife is agitating for Epernay, so close). Last visit I convinced her to try a beer, considering where we were (I had a couple, but was driving). Our waiter suggested a 'cherry beer'. Very red. When the waiter ask what she thought she replied that it was "not a bad beer..........", to which he responded "it was not really beer". ;) We all had a good chuckle. My beers were excellent and the restaurant had 30, or so, on their list so I went with the waiters suggestions. :thumbsup: :cheers2:

bart 06-08-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 1006643)
Looking forward to having one or two or........ while we are there next (whenever that may be? - wife is agitating for Epernay, so close). Last visit I convinced her to try a beer, considering where we were (I had a couple, but was driving). Our waiter suggested a 'cherry beer'. Very red. When the waiter ask what she thought she replied that it was "not a bad beer..........", to which he responded "it was not really beer". ;) We all had a good chuckle. My beers were excellent and the restaurant had 30, or so, on their list so I went with the waiters suggestions. :thumbsup: :cheers2:

Be sure to pay us a visit again! :yes:

Formerly YB-2 06-08-2020 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 1006649)
Be sure to pay us a visit again! :yes:

Absolutely............ biggest question would be when. Look forward to.
Thank you.