AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Automobiles (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Porsche Macan Experience (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46024)

GSOphile 06-11-2019 02:33 PM

Porsche Macan Experience

Anyone have experience with this vehicle that you're willing to share. Especially model year, overall experience, recommended model/options, reliability/maintenance.

I am retired. I have owned several BMWs including current 15-year old 330i, but am not impressed with recent offerings. Thinking of trying a new/used Macon for use beyond warranty period. Primary alternative is to just 'settle' for a loaded Honda Accord and move on.

nicoff 06-11-2019 03:01 PM

You mean Macan?

PHC1 06-11-2019 04:16 PM

I think you’ll find the difference between “any” Porsche maintenance and repair costs beyond warranty to be worlds apart from “any” Honda. :smoking:

Higgens 06-11-2019 04:43 PM

Two of my neighbors have the Macan. One has the S and the other has the base model. Both are 2018’s I believe. All comments from them have been very favorable. I’ve heard that the Turbo model isn’t as trouble-free as the other versions.

Masterlu 06-11-2019 04:52 PM

I bought a brand new Macan a year ago. It was my shortest owned Porsche car ever (3 months); I know it’s a good seller.

First, and foremost the design of the hood where it meets the fenders is very poor. After 4 trips to the dealer to stop the rattles, and body work caused by the rubbing on both fenders, I traded it in on a new Cayenne GTS that we love, and is perfect.

At 6’3” I should have known better, and bought the full size SUV from the beginning.

1KW 06-11-2019 05:42 PM

I had a Macan S for less than a year, it’s a fun little suv but the back seat was too small. I went through 2 windshields from road debris, I never had that with any car. Get the Cayenne if you can swing it. There are better suv options for the same money ie BMW X5, Range-rover Sport

GSOphile 06-11-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 968263)
I think you’ll find the difference between “any” Porsche maintenance and repair costs beyond warranty to be worlds apart from “any” Honda. :smoking:

Understood. My hope would be that reliability would be better than BMW X3 while scheduled maintenance would be comparable. I certainly get that the Macan and the Accord are not comparable.

I appreciate all comments on this thread as I have never owned a Porsche and would like to avoid ugly surprises if possible.

Higgens 06-11-2019 07:06 PM

The JD Power website is a good resource for quality and reliability data if you haven’t already looked there.

Grasshopper 06-11-2019 08:32 PM

One doesn’t buy a European car for the reliability when compared with Honda.

I’m a Toyota guy at heart.

I did get a Porsche 911 for the driving experience. I’m fully expecting for maintenance to be more than my Toyota or Lexus.

If you want luxury / smooth / reliable, Lexus makes a ton of sense.

If you want a sports car...hard to argue with Porsche.

W9TR 06-11-2019 09:57 PM

Porsche Macon Experience

My Porsche 911 has been the most trouble-free vehicle in our fleet, which has included Toyotas and Honda’s in the past. (Knocking on wood) :) The least reliable were a Toyota Land Cruiser in Lexus livery, a GS 470 I think, and a Jeep Grand Cherokee rolling bomb.