AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   B&W Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Insurance for gear (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39263)

Exsg 04-30-2017 05:28 AM

Insurance for gear

Just wondering if you insure your gear from like theft, accidental damage e.g. from kids, etc.

SCAudiophile 04-30-2017 07:30 AM

Yes, definitely....theft, flood, fire, etc....replacement value, not sure about how to ensure against damage by kids, pets, etc...

Exsg 04-30-2017 08:23 AM

Accidental damage option covers that.

King 04-30-2017 08:35 AM

I have home and content insurance here locally with RACV, they only interested with how much total of electronics that you want to insured without asking me to itemised, it is including accidental damage. I keep all the original invoices and photo of my gear in a safe place just incase i need to make claim.

I think each policy is different coverage, so need to confirm what you need to be covered with the insurance company.

audioguy3107 04-30-2017 09:17 AM

I switched over to State Farm a couple of years ago, I was very specific about coverage for my audio gear since the value of it was much higher than your everyday standard stereo system. I was assured that with documentation, all of it would be covered at replacement value under the standard homeowners policy, no additional riders or special coverage is needed. That does include any damage, lightning, theft, etc.

- Buck

SCAudiophile 04-30-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exsg (Post 844606)
Accidental damage option covers that.

Well then I have it as it is part of our home policy. Thanks!

SCAudiophile 04-30-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 844615)
I switched over to State Farm a couple of years ago, I was very specific about coverage for my audio gear since the value of it was much higher than your everyday standard stereo system. I was assured that with documentation, all of it would be covered at replacement value under the standard homeowners policy, no additional riders or special coverage is needed. That does include any damage, lightning, theft, etc.

- Buck

Same here,...back to 1995; my agent advised me that one of the better means of backup is to have a detailed spreadsheet at the very least plus tons of photos with time-stamps on a hard-drive/USB stick offsite of course and better yet at his office so he could help prove when SF became aware of the system and the various mods over the years. It's a bit of a PITA however, a couple times per year I will send him an update and also keep a copy offsite as a backup. The only thing to remember beyond that is to bulk up the $$$ value of your "personal property" portion of the main homeowner's policy to build in coverage for the true replacement value (i.e. new/retail price) on all gear, cables, speakers, stands, etc....

Masterlu 04-30-2017 03:15 PM

I have my audio/video gear schedule listed via a rider for declared value. Coverage includes all perils.

Rojet2015 04-30-2017 03:58 PM

Generally a schedule is broader coverage as it would not involve a deductible and it provides open peril coverage versus the named perils coverage of a regular homeowners policy...your coverage may vary of course...happy Sunday

2fastdriving 04-30-2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 844615)

- Buck

Ditto