AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Streaming & Television Shows (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Deadwood "The Movie" (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45943)

Still-One 05-31-2019 10:24 PM

Deadwood "The Movie"

After waiting 13 years since the the HBO "Deadwood" ended abruptly they finally came back and tried to tie many but not all of the loose ends up in and two hour movie. We just finished watching its premier. The story picks up 10 years after the previous episodes. Most of the old cast was back reprising their remarkable roles.

I thought it was well done. It made me miss the show more than I anticipated. They were able to tie together so many past events. The way it was presented you didn’t need to have watched the series but you will enjoy it more if you had. You will get some of the inside jokes that will go past those who are seeking it for the first time. The dialogue was good with both funny and sad points.

I like how they found a way to fit many of the bit players we remember so fondly into the two hours even if only for a line or two.

Bravo.

Route 66 05-31-2019 10:47 PM

I never watched the series but I recorded the movie. Will I know what's going on, or am I wasting my time watching it? :dunno:

For The Love of Music 05-31-2019 11:10 PM

Drawing a blank, did it end in a whole town shoot out?

Still-One 05-31-2019 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 966843)
Drawing a blank, did it end in a whole town shoot out?

No spoilers from me 'till everyone has the opportunity to see it,

For The Love of Music 06-01-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 966844)
No spoilers from me 'till everyone has the opportunity to see it,

Talking the HBO series

Still-One 06-01-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Route 66 (Post 966839)
I never watched the series but I recorded the movie. Will I know what's going on, or am I wasting my time watching it? :dunno:

It could stand alone as a movie but those who watched the series will understand much better the relationships between all of the characters and just what some of the comments relate to.

Still-One 06-01-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 966878)
Talking the HBO series

There was no major shoot-em up gun battle to end season 3. There were so many storylines that needed to be closed out 13 years ago and that is why those of us who enjoyed the series were so frustrated at how it ended.

Route 66 06-01-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 966885)
It could stand alone as a movie but those who watched the series will understand much better the relationships between all of the characters and just what some of the comments relate to.

That makes perfect sense.

Thanks for your reply. :thumbsup:

Handlebar 06-03-2019 10:26 AM

is Woo back ?

Still-One 06-03-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handlebar (Post 967155)
is Woo back ?

Yes. Woo like many others he makes a brief appearance and does offer us his favorite catchphrase.