AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sports (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lakers!!! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=709)

ian@pmc 05-07-2009 01:13 PM

Lakers!!!

Wow, what a game last night! :banana: That was what it's all about. Artest can talk all he wants about Kobe is the worst player in the history of basketball, but I think he will prove his greatness once again throughout these playoffs. These playoffs are some of the most exciting and well matched that I can remember for quite some time.

Any Laker haters around here?...:smoking:

ian@pmc 05-07-2009 06:17 PM

Haha, I love it...

Remember that time, I think it was the 2002 Western Conference Finals when Robert Horry Drained that three at the buzzer when we were down by two? That was awesome (Chris Farley anyone?)...

Beans 05-07-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian@pmc (Post 12634)
Wow, what a game last night! :banana: That was what it's all about. Artest can talk all he wants about Kobe is the worst player in the history of basketball, but I think he will prove his greatness once again throughout these playoffs. These playoffs are some of the most exciting and well matched that I can remember for quite some time.

Any Laker haters around here?...:smoking:

:yes: Check my location.

Still-One 05-07-2009 08:07 PM

I am not a Laker hater and Kobe is not the worst player. He just doesn't make the guys around him better and that is why he will never be considered in the top players of all time.

2-Channel 05-07-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillone (Post 12702)
... and that is why he will never be considered in the top players of all time.

Agreed. Jordan, James, and Bryant are the current holders of the most gifted players to play the game. Athletically, they are beyond approach by the present or past crowd since they can perform at their highest level with the ball in hand ... Dominique Wilkins would be my runner-up selection since he was not as good off the dribble.

But, Bird and Magic are the current holders of the more impressive title as the best at elevating the performance of every teammate that shares the court with them. Bird and Magic had the whole package: talent, court awareness, game savvy, and a perfect understanding of the pulse of the game and which teammate(s) needed to be *involved* at key points in the game.

Beans 05-12-2009 06:16 PM

Okay, Ian... it's GO TIME!!! Yer boyz goin' down tonight! :D

ian@pmc 05-13-2009 04:44 PM

If the Lakers keep playing like that they are going to be tough to take down... I would like to see the Magic make it out of the east.

ian@pmc 05-13-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillone (Post 12702)
I am not a Laker hater and Kobe is not the worst player. He just doesn't make the guys around him better and that is why he will never be considered in the top players of all time.

Gasol, Ariza, Bynum, Odom, Fish, all play better... This team is just coming in to their own, if we can keep a few of the majors around then good time are ahead.

Beans 05-13-2009 05:16 PM

I think we're done :redface-5:
:slap:

Still-One 05-22-2009 08:12 PM

Let see how they do with the Nuggets. So far they are lucky they did not lose two at home.