AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   McIntosh Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   C2600.... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38479)

GeAllan70 01-30-2017 07:14 PM

C2600....

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superio...ier_Review.htm

"Any owner of a McIntosh C2600 will be too busy enjoying music through this preamplifier. For a lifetime and longer."

:yes:

jdandy 01-30-2017 07:50 PM

George.......Thanks for the link. That was fun read.

JWJW 01-30-2017 08:21 PM

ZERO regrets with mine. :D

Paret 01-31-2017 03:43 PM

Ditto

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWJW (Post 829506)
ZERO regrets with mine. :D

I agree.

Mine sounds heavenly.

I'm really impressed with the DAC. It plays all kinds of files, including DSD at a superb level.

I have to add that Redbook (CD's) are truly brought to life with this unit. Better than my previous unit a PS Audio PerfectWave DAC II.

The phono stage is amazing too. I replaced an Audio Research PH6 that is no slouch and this beats it. So I agree with the reviewer there too.

Enjoy the music. :thumbsup:

paltomare 01-31-2017 05:55 PM

Thanks for posting.
Very happy with mine!

Maks 01-31-2017 06:59 PM

Nice review, I'd imagine we are approaching diminishing returns in terms of DACs. I can see a C2600 in my future as I believe the difference between today's DACs and those from 10 years ago will be a bigger delta between today's DACs and 10 years from now. But who knows for sure?

Timobi 02-01-2017 01:12 AM

Hey guys...I am a fairly new owner of a C47. Along with a MC452 and GoldenEar Triton 1's. Got some other stuff as well. Sony HAP 1-ZES HDD Music player; VPI Classic Sig TT with Cadenza Blue MC; an AVR for home theater stuff. All purchased within the past 8 months or so. The c47 and MC452 for about 5 months.

Sounds wonderful. Kind of have an upgrade itch and curious about the c2600. Thoughts? What would this tube preamp do to my setup? Never owned anything tube related. My Dad did way back in the day. Listening habits are well rounded. Less true Rock tho. Love the 70's stuff with James Taylor and Linda Ronstadt. Fleetwood Mac. Old stuff brought back to life with hi rez downloads and vinyl releases.

Gosh I have a ton of film scores. Love classical. And yet have discovered some jammin blues and jazz. LOL did I leave anything out? :) McIntosh has an upgrade-trade up program.

Really would like some thoughts from you seasoned McIntosh owners...Thanks in advance.

-Tim

John Jordan 02-02-2017 05:20 PM

Tim-

Welcome to this forum. You'll find a lot of good information here from many knowledgeable folks.

First of all, you have a great system. Switching to a tube pre-amp will change the sound that to my ears in my experiences is immediately noticeable and more desirable. Simply put, I find it smoother and will leave it at that.

Bear in mind, the C47 is "no slouch!" It is most important to listen to a C47 and then a 2600 connected to a 452. Your ears may prefer the solid state sound. Some folks feel listening to tubes is like "placing a blanket over their speakers."

Should you find a real desire to change, your dealer may work some sort of swap deal as your C47 is so new.

JBT 02-03-2017 08:19 PM

Very nice review! Thanks for posting

Timobi 02-07-2017 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Jordan (Post 830025)
Tim-

Welcome to this forum. You'll find a lot of good information here from many knowledgeable folks.

First of all, you have a great system. Switching to a tube pre-amp will change the sound that to my ears in my experiences is immediately noticeable and more desirable. Simply put, I find it smoother and will leave it at that.

Bear in mind, the C47 is "no slouch!" It is most important to listen to a C47 and then a 2600 connected to a 452. Your ears may prefer the solid state sound. Some folks feel listening to tubes is like "placing a blanket over their speakers."

Should you find a real desire to change, your dealer may work some sort of swap deal as your C47 is so new.

Thx John! Excellent advice...I plan on getting in touch with Magnolia (where I purchased the c47) and request a demo. In my home :)

Thx for the welcome as well.