AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Martin Logan (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Martin Logan - Balance Force Subs (212) (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=25253)

kamiraa 02-07-2014 08:34 PM

Martin Logan - Balance Force Subs (212)

All I can is WOW, I went and played with this subwoofer the other day. My dealer got one in for the floor.

This thing is SUPER impressive. It holds 2, 12" woofers (I think the biggest ML has done yet). Both subs are opposite from eachother in a sealed design.

With the separate 850W RMS amps, together they crank out 3,400W peak.

With similar specs and even numbering it looks like they are going after JL Audio F212's and after hearing both they are head to head.

What an awesome setup!

Sunshyne 02-07-2014 09:08 PM

I love competition! The Fathoms are creeping up there.

kamiraa 02-08-2014 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshyne (Post 578351)
I love competition! The Fathoms are creeping up there.

The controls on it were pretty impressive, and for ML subs they have custom filters you can download and load by the on-unit USB connector.

For CLX these would be AWESOME!

TOGA 02-08-2014 11:25 PM

I just hope it has XLR for Multi In and Multi Out too.
For BF212.
Toga

GaryProtein 02-08-2014 11:29 PM

Balanced Force really isn't new for Martin Logan.

They have been using that since they introduced the Statement E2 about 15 years ago which used FOUR PAIRS (8 woofers) per channel.

It's a great system.

kamiraa 02-09-2014 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryProtein (Post 578843)
Balanced Force really isn't new for Martin Logan.

They have been using that since they introduced the Statement E2 about 15 years ago which used FOUR PAIRS per channel.

It's a great system.

The name might not be new, but these subs sure are:

MartinLogan BalancedForce® Subs, Flagship Subwoofer Series

http://www.martinlogan.com/images/bf/bf-with-clx.jpg

Robert_Anderson 02-09-2014 05:14 AM

Is this an improvement over the Descenti I have two with my Maggie 20.1's, but the room is too small, this may be an alternative.

SL1800 03-04-2014 08:46 AM

I have a BF212 and it is a fantastic sub. I love the fact that it has left and right stereo inputs and a separate LFE input which overrides the internal crossover when a signal is present on this input. In other words when I watch a movie my surround pro tells the sub what to play and when I just listen to stereo music from my Mac pre the sub internal crossover is set for best music playback.

GaryProtein 03-04-2014 09:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamiraa (Post 578902)
The name might not be new, but these subs sure are:

MartinLogan BalancedForce® Subs, Flagship Subwoofer Series

Just showing the inauguration of the balanced force was with their deluxe system, unfortunately no longer produced. Here is the woofer section with four pairs of 12" woofers per channel and the midrange/tweeter tower. The system was a pair of each of these towers. It was quite a system. I heard it with four channels of Boulder amps. The sound was absolutely magnificent, but like most panels, the sweet spot was small.

DanaFHolmes 10-15-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SL1800 (Post 586308)
I have a BF212 and it is a fantastic sub. I love the fact that it has left and right stereo inputs and a separate LFE input which overrides the internal crossover when a signal is present on this input. In other words when I watch a movie my surround pro tells the sub what to play and when I just listen to stereo music from my Mac pre the sub internal crossover is set for best music playback.

I am dreaming of a BalancedForce sub! Maybe the 210. I currently run the Descent i kind of in the same manner as you. I run my PrimaLuna to it for 2-channel music and then I also run my sub LFE to it from my Pioneer SC-79 AVR. Best of both worlds.