AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Isolation, Tips & Tweaks (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Isoacoustics Isopuck under Laptop (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46032)

brownbear 06-12-2019 07:41 PM

Isoacoustics Isopuck under Laptop

I'm a fan and believer in Stillpoints. I have Ultra Mini's floating my McIntosh amp, preamp and transport and have Ultra SS under my speakers. My Dell XPS 13 with JRiver sits on top of my rack and I always wondered what isolation would do to it. These Isopucks kept popping up every time I would be browsing Amazon, so I bought them to try under my laptop. I really can't believe that these are making this much of a difference, but they really are! The clarity and detail coming from music that I am very familiar with is mind blowing. I'm really enjoying these right now and for the price I recommend trying them yourself!

Puma Cat 06-12-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownbear (Post 968439)
I'm a fan and believer in Stillpoints. I have Ultra Mini's floating my McIntosh amp, preamp and transport and have Ultra SS under my speakers. My Dell XPS 13 with JRiver sits on top of my rack and I always wondered what isolation would do to it. These Isopucks kept popping up every time I would be browsing Amazon, so I bought them to try under my laptop. I really can't believe that these are making this much of a difference, but they really are! The clarity and detail coming from music that I am very familiar with is mind blowing. I'm really enjoying these right now and for the price I recommend trying them yourself!

Cool, I just read Art Dudley's review of them and he couldn't believe the difference they made as well. I'll have to get a set in and check 'em out. Which model are you using under your Dell?

brownbear 06-12-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 968446)
Cool, I just read Art Dudley's review of them and he couldn't believe the difference they made as well. I'll have to get a set in and check 'em out. Which model are you using under your Dell?

I am using the Isopuck. I'll have to look up that review, did he use them under a laptop or just speakers?

Puma Cat 06-12-2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownbear (Post 968458)
I am using the Isopuck. I'll have to look up that review, did he use them under a laptop or just speakers?

His turntable, IIRC.

rnrmf1971 06-12-2019 11:08 PM

I had the same experience with the more weight-specific Oreas. Really, a great value. I put them under my Oppo 205 and their positive effect had me scratching my head at the results.

Puma Cat 06-12-2019 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 (Post 968477)
I had the same experience with the more weight-specific Oreas. Really, a great value. I put them under my Oppo 205 and their positive effect had me scratching my head at the results.

Ever try putting your Oppo on a partially inflated bicycle inner tube?

Try it sometime; I put one under my Arcam AVR and it made for a notable improvement. Use an inner tube from a child's bicycle, and inflate just enough to support the device off the shelf.

rnrmf1971 06-13-2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 968480)
Ever try putting your Oppo on a partially inflated bicycle inner tube?

Try it sometime; I put one under my Arcam AVR and it made for a notable improvement. Use an inner tube from a child's bicycle, and inflate just enough to support the device off the shelf.

I gave up tubes for awhile when I sold my McIntosh C500 pre-amp :smoking:

j3brow 06-13-2019 01:28 PM

Isoacoustics Isopuck under Laptop

I also use isoacoustics and highly recommend them. I have (4) Orea Blue under my McIntosh MT10, love ‘em. I have Gaia under my speakers. I still use Stillpoints with (4) Ultra SS under each LCR McIntosh MC601s. I will prob get more Orea’s for my preamp, dac, spinners etc.

PHC1 06-13-2019 02:17 PM

I used 4 Oreo cookies under my headphone amp just for sh^ts and giggles last night. I think I am on to something! Flavor Flav never sounded as good before! Must be the chocolate/vanilla layered damping that is key here. :scratch2:

antipop 06-13-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 968525)
I used 4 Oreo cookies under my headphone amp just for sh^ts and giggles last night. I think I am on to something! Flavor Flav never sounded as good before! Must be the chocolate/vanilla layered damping that is key here. :scratch2:

You should listen to Vanilla Ice with that combo