AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Stillpoints (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Change to Ultra SS - Now threaded both ends? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=29604)

John49 12-28-2014 06:51 AM

Change to Ultra SS - Now threaded both ends?

I have searched the forum, looking for confirmation of this and fatigue overtook me. Well, it is Christmas! Can anyone confirm or deny that you can now attach Ultra SSs to your speakers with an adaptor and also screw in spikes to the other 'end' for puncturing holes in your carpet. My reason for asking is that I received some Ultra SSs for Christmas and don't know whether they are old or new stock. They only have a threaded hole on one side.

Masterlu 12-28-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John49 (Post 662301)
I have searched the forum, looking for confirmation of this and fatigue overtook me. Well, it is Christmas! Can anyone confirm or deny that you can now attach Ultra SSs to your speakers with an adaptor and also screw in spikes to the other 'end' for puncturing holes in your carpet. My reason for asking is that I received some Ultra SSs for Christmas and don't know whether they are old or new stock. They only have a threaded hole on one side.

Yes, you can; the hard hat is removed, and the new spike is attached. You just need the new spikes. I'll post a pic if I remember next time I have my camera out.

John49 12-28-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 662352)
Yes, you can; the hard hat is removed, and the new spike is attached. You just need the new spikes. I'll post a pic if I remember next time I have my camera out.

Thank you Ivan..... I sort of thought that that might be the way to do it, but I have had too much eating and drinking to do! In essence the Ultra SS has not changed, which I feared it had and I had been given old stock.

Masterlu 12-28-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John49 (Post 662373)
Thank you Ivan..... I sort of thought that that might be the way to do it, but I have had too much eating and drinking to do! In essence the Ultra SS has not changed, which I feared it had and I had been given old stock.

Yours are all bad send them to me for proper recycling. :D

allvinyl 01-08-2015 12:58 PM

Ultra SS Spikes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 662352)

Correct. You can actually use the spike on either end as the tap on the body and on the pad under the Hard Hat are both 1/4-20. I would actually try the pad end towards the component as that places the tech pocket closer to the component being isolated which, typically, yields better performance.

The spikes retail for $20 each.

John