AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Power cables, Wireworld vs AQ vs Nordost? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40030)

audioextreme 07-23-2017 09:44 PM

Power cables, Wireworld vs AQ vs Nordost?

Which ones do you guys recommend? Which has the best sound quality?

Wireworld seems to offer the greatest bang for the buck. Nordost is the most expensive out of the three. Audioquest in the middle.

The Lost Bears 07-23-2017 10:08 PM

Cables are system dependent, there is no best. It is all a matter of what works best in your system. Without knowing what gear you own it is difficult to make a useful suggestion.

audioextreme 07-23-2017 10:25 PM

B&W 800 D3 with MC 1.2KW and C52 for pre-amp. Right now I have wireworld gold eclipse SC and IC, that i got from a local dealer. Am looking at a phono stage right now as well, possibly an Esoteric but also really liked a Moon phono stage I heard today, so might go for that.

don't currently have an outboard dac right now but will be in the future. I have an Audioquest power conditioner (niagara)

GreginNH1 07-24-2017 04:54 PM

I have tried Audioquest, Transparent, Nordost and Wireworld.

Tellurium Q now has me in a place where I no longer think about cable/interconnect upgrades.

Based on OP's question, I would have to say that WW provides the best value in terms of performance but as Lost Bears pointed out, this analysis can be very much system-dependent.

restock 07-28-2017 06:17 PM

For Nordost I found even the lower level Heimfall 2 and Frey 2 to make a significant difference (at least with my Accuphase E600). The Nordost significantly increased dynamics, speed and flow.

The QB power distribution strip is also excellent.

bigblue 07-29-2017 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioextreme (Post 857565)
B&W 800 D3 with MC 1.2KW and C52 for pre-amp. Right now I have wireworld gold eclipse SC and IC, that i got from a local dealer. Am looking at a phono stage right now as well, possibly an Esoteric but also really liked a Moon phono stage I heard today, so might go for that.

don't currently have an outboard dac right now but will be in the future. I have an Audioquest power conditioner (niagara)

Nordost, Audioquest, WW. They are all respected manufacturers delivering products with a slight personality.
What is it that you are looking for in the new cable?

Timobi 06-02-2018 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by restock (Post 858509)
For Nordost I found even the lower level Heimfall 2 and Frey 2 to make a significant difference (at least with my Accuphase E600). The Nordost significantly increased dynamics, speed and flow.

Would agree completely!

FDPDK 06-02-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by restock (Post 858509)

+1 on this , i do only have Accuphase E-470 but adding Nordost Heimdall 2 and QB4 was a big upgrade , now awaiting my ordered Frey 2 Power cord.

johndoe21ro 06-02-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioextreme (Post 857552)
Which ones do you guys recommend? Which has the best sound quality?

Wireworld seems to offer the greatest bang for the buck. Nordost is the most expensive out of the three. Audioquest in the middle.

How did you get to this conclusion? It seems that guys around here are trading their Wireworld power cables for the cheaper AQ ones... Did you read the threads?
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Masterlu 06-02-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndoe21ro (Post 917274)
How did you get to this conclusion? It seems that guys around here are trading their Wireworld power cables for the cheaper AQ ones... Did you read the threads?

:whistle: