AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Inspire by Dennis Had (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Dennis Had Inspire Amps (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=24170)

Masterlu 03-16-2014 04:19 PM

Coltrane1... Welcome :wave:

Thanks for your Support! :thumbsup:

Coltrane1 03-16-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrisik (Post 590160)
Welcome from Anchorage - Oh and it's snowing! :) (got 8" yesterday)

As you've found, no website. The best info is Dennis' eBay listings - search for listings by radioman731 and click on the "sold" checkbox on the left to see all his variations on amps so far - or from Dennis himself.

Thanks pstrisik!

Yes, I have DH's personal email. He emails you directly after buying on that 'bay place. But I'm still waiting to hear the product, and become, well, inspired! hey hey, there's a party o'va here, a party o'va there! :banana:

don't mind me...too much Sockeye Salmon for lunch!

Simonatsea 03-16-2014 04:45 PM

His enthusiasm is rather infectious. Look forward to hearing the thoughts on his LP-2. At present I'll be feeding the 6V6 amp via my Burson Audio HA-160D head amp/DAC/Pre. Other than my Phono stage this is going to significantly simplify my system.
Coltrane1 - Greeting from Victoria BC! When you talked to Dennis, what made you decide to go for both the KT88 and the 6V6? Power output? He has assured me that the way he designed the 6V6 you can plug and play KT88 without further changes to the tube compliment.
I don't really require that much power to run my speakers at 101db/w.
Well, looking forward to hearing some initial impressions of DH handy work. I believe my build is still ongoing, no baby pics as yet

longbowbbs 03-16-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrisik (Post 589942)
Dennis said I could give out his email, though I won't post it publicly on the forum. Either PM me on audiocircle or avsforum (username: pstrisik) or post a way for me to contact you and I'll pass it on. You can also contact him through his eBay account: radioman731.

AVS PM sent....

Coltrane1 03-16-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simonatsea (Post 590205)
His enthusiasm is rather infectious. Look forward to hearing the thoughts on his LP-2. At present I'll be feeding the 6V6 amp via my Burson Audio HA-160D head amp/DAC/Pre. Other than my Phono stage this is going to significantly simplify my system.
Coltrane1 - Greeting from Victoria BC! When you talked to Dennis, what made you decide to go for both the KT88 and the 6V6? Power output? He has assured me that the way he designed the 6V6 you can plug and play KT88 without further changes to the tube compliment.
I don't really require that much power to run my speakers at 101db/w.
Well, looking forward to hearing some initial impressions of DH handy work. I believe my build is still ongoing, no baby pics as yet

That man...I don't know how he's filling all these orders by his lonesome...that's some trick...retirement, yeah right!

DH steered me towards the 6V6 after I poo-poo'd the idea of separates having become a SET integ guy after years of high powered Class A separates pushing 'stats. I've driven Abby's to pleasing levels with barely 3 watts...my old jazz ears don't require much volume. But Dennis sold me on his long history with 300B's, and his new fangled amp designs...so I said why not...it's only money.

I'm looking forward to sampling the LP2---too! I bought the 6v6, and then after the fact realizing, hey man, you haven't owned a pre in years...so I began a search for a pre and what happened??? A relatively new Inspire owner posted a KT88 and a LS2 for sale...how could I resist?...even though my power demands don't need the KT88...oh well, I'll just run it on my 'stat's...I'm confident it will drive 'em.

Coltrane1 03-16-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 590182)
Coltrane1... Welcome :wave:

Thanks for your Support! :thumbsup:

Thanks Ivan...for being here! :thumbsup:

Justlisten2 03-16-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane1 (Post 590241)
That man...I don't know how he's filling all these orders by his lonesome...that's some trick...retirement, yeah right!

Welcome Coltrane1!! Yeah, that's what I've been wondering about too! This is retirement?? It seems like he's awfully busy to me! LOL!! :split:

Hard to believe that you picked up a Inspire combination on the used market already. What was the sellers story? He didn't care for them?
What do you think of the LP-2?

Cheers,
John

Coltrane1 03-16-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justlisten2 (Post 590252)
Welcome Coltrane1!! Yeah, that's what I've been wondering about too! This is retirement?? It seems like he's awfully busy to me! LOL!! :split:

Hard to believe that you picked up a Inspire combination on the used market already. What was the sellers story? He didn't care for them?
What do you think of the LP-2?

Cheers,
John

Thank you John.

Hah! Here I was several days after buying the 6V6, unexpectedly searching for a pre, since I'd been determined to get back in the game after a 7 year audio hiatus with another SET integ...I was a hair's breath from pulling the trigger on a 211 based SET integ...and one last check of the 'bay I stumbled on DH's KT88 ad. My immediate thought was, nope, I don't need the power of a KT88...besides, I want the addicting pureness of a SET...and 2 short email exchanges later DH filled me with curiosity.

Finding that seller was destiny. His ad mentioned he "had too much gear"...the LP2 was just produced in February, and the KT88 was made late '13. At any rate, the LP2's availability cured my natural inclination to mate the 6V6 with once again another BAT preamp.

....fingers X'd.

Justlisten2 03-16-2014 06:42 PM

Another BAT preamp? You too huh?
I've owned the VK-31SE, VK-50 SE and VK-51SE. I also had the VK-3iXSE and VK-32SE in my home for auditions. I've also owned two each of BAT phono stages, CDP's and Amps. LOL!! I've owned 9 BAT units all together over the years, though none in the last 4 years. Fun times overall, and I did enjoy the BAT house sound....too many expensive repair issues though. :tears:

Coltrane1 03-16-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justlisten2 (Post 590272)
Another BAT preamp? You too huh?
I've owned the VK-31SE, VK-50 SE and VK-51SE. I also had the VK-3iXSE and VK-32SE in my home for auditions. I've also owned two each of BAT phono stages, CDP's and Amps. LOL!! I've owned 9 BAT units all together over the years, though none in the last 4 years. Fun times overall, and I did enjoy the BAT house sound....too many expensive repair issues though. :tears:

Whew, you've owned some of their best. Knock on wood...since '98, I never once had a repair issue other than cranking too tightly on one of the speaker lugs to VK1000 mono's. Victor hooked me up at no cost...what a company.

I miss that friendly user interface.