AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Member Visit (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41749)

crwilli 01-05-2018 09:07 PM

New Member Visit

A week or so, I received a PM on another forum from a fellow audiophile that lives very close to me. After a few exchanges, we decided to do a ‘home and home’ exchange.

Today, Jeff (JGlacken) spent a few hours with me. It was a very enjoyable way to while away the chilly hours by sharing a love of music and talking about equipment. Both agreeing that we don’t have a lot of people we can speak to ‘live’ about our hobby. We share many interests in common and have lots of things to follow up upon. Golf being near the top of the list.

My room sounded pretty good to me but not quite what I had in Pennsylvania. Jeff was helpful in reinforcing what I thought was working (staging) and tempering my concerns around some low end blooming. My measurements show a big bump (+9dB) at 56hz. I can hear it on some notes of some tracks but not always. I will still work on it with the CR-1 I just received.

Jeff is considering moving on from his Magico S5s and perhaps his unique and rare Oasis Class A mono amps. We will repeat our listening and talking at his home later in January after he completes some travel. I am anxious to hear the Magico Sound.

Good time!

Thanks for coming over Jeff and welcome to AA!

Craig

Mikado463 01-05-2018 09:13 PM

Good to 'hear' you have welcomed south of the Mason Dixon Craig !

crwilli 01-05-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 890757)
Good to 'hear' you have welcomed south of the Mason Dixon Craig !

Ha! He’s a former New Yorker!!

Mikado463 01-05-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 890762)

so therefore your neighbors blame the two of you for all this cold weather down south !!

Cohibaman 01-05-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 890762)

You can’t hold that against him though. :D

It’s always great to have a fellow audio geek come over to share thoughts, ideas, tweets, and yes, to just enjoy listening to another system. :thumbsup:

crwilli 01-05-2018 10:10 PM

New Member Visit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cohibaman (Post 890767)
You can’t hold that against him though. :D

It’s always great to have a fellow audio geek come over to share thoughts, ideas, tweets, and yes, to just enjoy listening to another system. :thumbsup:

I should have said “He’s also a former New Yorker!” ;)

jameslrock 01-05-2018 10:36 PM

Craig, Carmen and I plan to visit early summer whether we are invited or not and hope to meet Jeff too. Take care my friend, Jim

joey_v 01-06-2018 01:56 AM

Good to hear when audiophiles meet