AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   RMAF 2017 Bryston Demo (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40740)

James Tanner - Bryston 10-08-2017 12:46 PM

RMAF 2017 Bryston Demo

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: RMAF – Bryston Middle T Active Demo Oct. 2017

RMAF 2017 – Bryston Demo

Bryston for the show introduced and played the new BP-17 Cubed preamplifier.

In the system is the BDP-3/BDA-3 digital player and DAC.

The white (white is definitely the hit color at this show) Bryston Middle T active loudspeaker which has an outboard crossover/DSP component in the BAX-1.

And lastly the Cubed 2.5/3B amplifiers.

A must stop by for anyone at the show!

I'd love to crate it up and bring it all home.

Piero Gabucci

James Tanner - Bryston 10-08-2017 12:56 PM

The Bryston active speakers were terrific sounding.

I love the shape.

Mike,
Suncoast Audio

Blueoak 10-08-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston (Post 870817)
The Bryston active speakers were terrific sounding.

I love the shape.

Mike,
Suncoast Audio

Mike at Suncoast audio is a good guy. Also carries a lot of brands as an official authorized dealer! Been enjoying Mike's pictures and videos from RMAF 2017.

James Tanner - Bryston 10-08-2017 06:43 PM

Hi James,

We stopped at your room all three days, and every time the sound gets better, better, and better!

I had to ask Gary (who is doing a fabulous job by the way) today if there were really speakers in the room as I was visualizing the music instead.

Wow, that active cross-over takes those already fabulous Middle T’s to the next level.

I turned my head in disbelief of the realism and jumped out of my seat many, many times!

You and the Bryston team continue to amaze me.

Thanks!!

Best,
Marc

2fastdriving 10-09-2017 07:11 PM

James, I thought I'd share a pic of the Bryston RMAF room. Gary was playing the best music of the show and the setup was sounding fantastic!

https://s20.postimg.org/nn6mm74zx/IM...006_135355.jpg

James Tanner - Bryston 10-09-2017 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 871127)
James, I thought I'd share a pic of the Bryston RMAF room. Gary was playing the best music of the show and the setup was sounding fantastic!

https://s20.postimg.org/nn6mm74zx/IM...006_135355.jpg

Active systems really do take the performance up a serious notch if done correctly.

james

James Tanner - Bryston 10-12-2017 03:00 AM

AudioMatters
Patrick Dillon's musings, reviews and observations on audio gear, music reproduction, and the long lasting pleasure of listening.

RMAF 2017

The triumph of science?

Bryston demoed a pair of snazzy white floorstanding Middle Ts in a cool active system (exernal crossover before power amps feeding the various drivers).

Sounded smooth, coherent and inviting, so I took some time just sitting there.

Someone behind me remarked something to effect that this was the kind of 'buy it and be done' system that you spend $25k on forget about gear thereafter. Of course, much as audiophiles might love that idea, I think few actually do it. But in spirit, I have to agree.

Is it a coincidence that James Tanner of Bryston is another user of the research done at the NRC labs for testing speaker designs?

James Tanner - Bryston 10-13-2017 06:19 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Demo … RMAF 2017 … Stereophile

STEREOPHILE

Herb's Denver Day Two, Part Two
Herb Reichert | Oct 12, 2017

Bryston started by making amps and preamps, but has slowly evolved into a full-service audio manufacturer that makes practically everything from speaker stands to cables, crossovers, and power conditioners.

In recent years they began making loudspeakers, CD players, and turntables. Their website is beautiful, and so are their amplifiers—which, as always, have one foot in professional audio and the other in perfectionist audio.

But Bryston's stuff is so designer-friendly, they must have at least one toe stuck in the pages of Architectural Digest.

Here at RMAF their room was wide, spacious, and neat, and, more important, they played really excellent music—like the Colorist Orchestra and Emiliana Torrini from their self-titled collaborative album.

The sound was a pleasure to absorb and dream to.

Bryston's featured products were the BP17 (cubed) preamplifier, Middle T active loudspeakers triamped with BAX-1 Crossover. Bryston's BDP-3 digital player and BDA-3 DAC. There was a BIT 20 isolation transformer/power conditioner feeding a bevy of Pro Thunder power cables. Interconnects and custom tri-wire loudspeaker cables were by StraightWire.

SCAudiophile 10-13-2017 07:58 AM

Congratulations on the great review comments to all at Bryston!

Formerly YB-2 10-13-2017 08:50 AM

James - How would my pair of 2B-LPs and pair of PP120 amps work to bi-amp a pair of Middle Ts?