AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Member System Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   1KW 2 channel room (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=17931)

bzr 12-16-2012 10:45 PM

SF & Mc in a lovely room, gotta be a winner.:thumbsup:

Davkj 12-16-2012 10:51 PM

Very nice! Looks like a great place to enjoy the music and relax.

TommyC 12-17-2012 03:40 AM

I've always like your room. It's time for that Elipsa SE or Strad :D

Jerome W 12-17-2012 05:27 AM

Stunning David ! :thumbsup:

prepress 12-17-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 411850)
I still like the look of the 3 D glass, too bad Mcintosh stopped making the amps. that way

Actually, I agree. I saw the 601s in person and thought the flat glass plate with the bigger meters was a bit much, cyclopean as it were. The comparatively understated look of the 501s is far more elegant to me.

But a question. You're running the popular 2300/501 combo, and with Sonus Fabers. Are those SFs considered warm, neutral, or analytical in their basic sound?

1KW 12-17-2012 08:56 AM

Thanks again for all the nice comments. The SF Elipsa/Mcintosh combination are on the "warmer" side of neutral but I would not say they have high's that are rolled off. The Elipsa's to me sound great once set up properly. I was lucky to have Bill come over to set up my speakers. I am very happy with the bass as well as with female vocals, rock, jazz and classical music especially string instruments although trumpets and sax sound good too. For now I love the sound of Mcintosh and Sonus Faber and they are also easy on the eyes. I have not changed anything in this room in a long time but I am itching to upgrade my home theater and may move the Elipsa's and 501's over to that room :scratch2:

BlueChiaro 12-17-2012 10:08 AM

Hey, David...just saw your thread...great pictures. I can personally vouch for how beautiful this space is, and, on top of that, it sounds fantastic. The room is conducive to sitting back, relaxing, and being enveloped in the sound. I was also lucky to witness Bill perform his setup magic, and I wouldn't change a thing if I were David, either.

Kudos, David, on a great system which soothes the sonic soul and looks fantastic while doing so. :thumbsup:

Sent from my DROIDX using A.Aficionado

metaphacts 12-17-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 412070)
Thanks again for all the nice comments. The SF Elipsa/Mcintosh combination are on the "warmer" side of neutral..

David, neutral is a nice catchall hifi term. Koyaanisqatsi for sure but how depends on your listening prejudices.

Natural is actually more descriptive of what you have. :tresbon:

KMC45 12-17-2012 02:58 PM

David,

Very nice pictures.

1KW 08-10-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 412086)
David, neutral is a nice catchall hifi term. Koyaanisqatsi for sure but how depends on your listening prejudices.

Natural is actually more descriptive of what you have. :tresbon:

Paging Mr. Bill :music:

Any ideas regarding speakers for the home theater :scratch2: