AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Balanced Audio Technology (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Balanced Audio Technology (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=12463)

RoadDawgWest 07-20-2016 12:19 PM

Hum. I have not received that email yet, but have a VKP10 phono stage that is due for an upgrade.

Tikkenator 07-20-2016 12:21 PM

"Hello, My Name is Jon Schulman, sales manager of Music Direct. I wanted to reach out to you as Balanced Audio Technology is running a very limited time, and unique opportunity if you wanted to upgrade your BAT components to the latest model offered. Now until September 30th, BAT is offering up to 75% of retail value for your BAT component towards a newer or bigger version. No promotion has ever been offered from BAT before, and this will not be majorly advertised, so I wanted to make sure our customers were aware of the promotion. "

RoadDawgWest 07-20-2016 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkenator (Post 793158)
"Hello, My Name is Jon Schulman, sales manager of Music Direct. I wanted to reach out to you as Balanced Audio Technology is running a very limited time, and unique opportunity if you wanted to upgrade your BAT components to the latest model offered. Now until September 30th, BAT is offering up to 75% of retail value for your BAT component towards a newer or bigger version. No promotion has ever been offered from BAT before, and this will not be majorly advertised, so I wanted to make sure our customers were aware of the promotion. "

:thumbsup: Thank you

Turnaround 09-18-2016 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkenator (Post 793155)
Received an email from Music Direct that BAT is offering a trade-in program.

BAT's website has more information about this trade-in deal, which seems to apply to all BAT dealers. They are giving the customer credit for up to 75% of the original retail value of the old gear.

Wonder why they are running this trade-in now, and how this affects their margins. And what happens to the old gear that's traded in?

Trade-In & Upgrade | Balanced Audio

Quote:

Trade-In & Upgrade Program

Upgrade your system with the latest-generation components from BAT without having to pay full price by trading in your old BAT gear for up to 75% of its original retail value!

For example, trade-in your 20-year-old VK-5 preamplifier for up to $3,000 (original retail price : $4,000) towards a brand-new VK-33SE! There has never been an easier or more inexpensive way to upgrade.

Contact your closest BAT dealer for more information.
  • The offer is good from July 15, 2016 to September 30, 2016 at participating US authorized dealers.
  • Cannot be combined with any other BAT offers or promotions.
  • Limited to BAT power amplifiers, preamplifiers, phono stages and integrated amplifiers.
  • The trade-in must be traded towards a like kind BAT product. i.e.: Amp for amp, preamp for preamp.
  • Integrated amplifiers can be traded in towards an eligible preamp/amp combo.
  • Two mono amplifiers must be traded in towards two new mono amplifiers. However, a single mono amplifier can be traded in towards an eligible stereo amplifier. i.e.: VK-1000 mono towards a VK-655SE stereo or REX II Amp stereo.
  • Other terms and conditions apply. Please contact your BAT dealer for details.

Masterlu 09-18-2016 11:33 PM

Turnaround... Welcome to AA! :wave:

vinod_david 09-20-2016 10:57 PM

Turnaround, welcome to AA.

chessman 06-15-2017 06:11 PM

It is hard for me to believe that I started this thread 5 and a half years ago. It is even harder for me to believe that I still have the BAT/Wilson Audio pairing as the core of my system, since I am afflicted with severe and continuous "upgradeitis." To me, that is the ultimate testimonial to the magic of this pairing. :banana:

jdandy 06-15-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman (Post 851407)
It is hard for me to believe that I started this thread 5 and a half years ago. It is even harder for me to believe that I still have the BAT/Wilson Audio pairing as the core of my system, since I am afflicted with severe and continuous "upgradeitis." To me, that is the ultimate testimonial to the magic of this pairing. :banana:

Randy.......As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it." :thumbsup:

Formerly YB-2 01-21-2018 09:30 AM

Who own's BAT these days? My understanding was that SBednarski, VKhomenko (the founders) & GPoor were the owners. During my last visit to BAT, about 2yr ago, Victor and Geoff both greeted me. However, recently read (on the internet, so must be true) that Jim Davis, owner of Music Direct & MoFi, is now the owner. Any truth to that?

For The Love of Music 01-21-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 894134)
Who own's BAT these days? My understanding was that SBednarski, VKhomenko (the founders) & GPoor were the owners. During my last visit to BAT, about 2yr ago, Victor and Geoff both greeted me. However, recently read (on the internet, so must be true) that Jim Davis, owner of Music Direct & MoFi, is now the owner. Any truth to that?

Good to hear your pairing has allowed you the enjoyment as intended.

Music Direct does have interest in BAT, I’m just not sure at what percentage - I learned this direct from M/D, but it’s been a while when I was looking at amps and such, I am sure someone else will pipe in