AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Headphones, Personal Listening Gear (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Headphones for Workouts (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47355)

Amadave 12-30-2019 05:16 PM

Headphones for Workouts

Interested in other forum members thoughts on headphones they use while working out. I always listen to music while working out and would like to find headphones with good quality sound. I’ve always used cheap headphones due to the sweat factor.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Antonmb 12-30-2019 06:22 PM

I use universal fit IEMs, my Shure SE535 if I’m stationary and the cord won’t be in the way, or Sennheiser CX Sport if I want to go wireless. The Sennheisers aren’t the best sound, but they’re good enough for being on a noisy elliptical, and relatively low cost (about $100 on Amazon). The advantage of IEMs is they can block some of the noise of exercise equipment like an elliptical or treadmill, and the ear tips can be easily replaced.

nicoff 12-30-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amadave (Post 990609)
Interested in other forum members thoughts on headphones they use while working out. I always listen to music while working out and would like to find headphones with good quality sound. I’ve always used cheap headphones due to the sweat factor.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

I have never seen anyone wearing headphones for workouts. I would think that working out and wearing quality headphones are mutually exclusive. I see many folks wearing the Apple AirPods while working out.

DVass13 12-30-2019 11:15 PM

I've used my Shure SE215 occasionally at the gym. I'm generally not worried about sound quality while out and about, but the secure fit and isolation are a plus. They cut the noise from equipment and other people and have much better quality than cheaper alternatives.

Macuser 12-31-2019 03:57 AM

For cardio I used to wear a pair of lightweight cheapos. They came off when it was time to lift.

AudioGremlin 12-31-2019 06:49 AM

For the treadmill I use the Sennheiser HDR185 wireless headphones. Their performance far exceeds my expectations. Great range and very good dynamics with no background noise or hiss etc. Wouldn't be without it, makes the treadmill time go a lot faster :)

AudioGremlin 12-31-2019 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Workout system :) Attachment 60868

W9TR 12-31-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioGremlin (Post 990682)
Workout system :) Attachment 60868

Now THAT is a workout system!

I use a pair of Westone W4’s and a Classic iPod. This is also my ‘sleep on the plane no matter what is happening around me’ setup. Will get me from the US to Asia without a recharge.

dolsey01 12-31-2019 10:54 AM

While Beats is like a 4 letter word, the PowerBeats Pro are probably the best current workout headphones. It's OK to use Beats for working out, there's no shame. :lmao:

Right now the Powerbeats 3 are really cheap since the Pro's came out < $100. I bought my wife a pair for X-mas and they really aren't bad for what she wants them for, spinning and running. Much better than the $20 China-Fi Bluetooth headphones she had been using.

schneice 12-31-2019 12:20 PM

Shure 535 as well. To my taste they sound quite good and also take up next to no room in my work bag as well. Big plus for me is that they are quite rugged. I don’t take good care of them and they continue to perform.