AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Welcome Everyone! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=58)

maharajs 08-29-2020 01:42 AM

Hi, I’m Dean from South Africa, have played with a lot of gear and now I’m looking to fine tune the system and stop the playing and start the listening :)

sweerawardena 09-25-2020 01:05 AM

Hi,
I'm from Sri Lanka.

Masterlu 09-25-2020 02:46 PM

sweerawardena... Welcome to AA! :wave:

giubeppe 10-26-2020 08:01 PM

I'm Giuseppe from Southern California. Great folks around here and very interesting threads.

Masterlu 10-26-2020 11:09 PM

giubeppe... Welcome to AA! :wave:

massimo9184 11-03-2020 06:59 AM

Hello from Italy

My name is Massimo and thanks for welcoming me to AA I am very happy to share my audio passion with you.

JDCheek 11-03-2020 07:33 AM

Hello everyone, glad to be back on AA after an extended absence. Those 6 grandkids in my avatar have happened in those 7 years, so busy. I have a lot of thing to get to as I look to get my system back up and going. Excited to share later about my R2R purchase. I’m way, way behind on the digital side so really need some help with that..

More to come.

massimo9184 11-03-2020 04:41 PM

Hello from Italy

My name is Massimo and I am happy to share my passion for Audio on AA and with you. I'm passionate about tubes and amplifier restoration of the "Golden Age". Hello everybody.

sonduciel 11-22-2020 07:48 PM

Greetings from Corvallis Oregon

I am new here, and am happy to have recently found this forum, which has some very interesting threads.

After nearly 30 years with Superphon CD-Maxx preamp, a B&K ST140 amp, a Marantz CD player, and Spica TC-50 speakers, I completely redid my system after recent retirement. The biggest change is getting into the confusing but rewarding world of tubes. Learning about tweaks to my tube amp is one of the main reasons I'm here.

From 1960 on, my progression of speakers was: AR (Acoustic Research) 2, Klipsch Heresy, ESS Heil Towers, Thiel CS 2.5, Spica TC-50/Velodyne sub.

My new system: Bluesound Node 2i>>Denafrips Pontus>>Line Magnetic 34ia integrated tube amp>>Tekton Electron SE (junior Double Impact) speakers, REL 5 subwoofer, StraightWire and DH Lab cables. Secondary SS backup to the tube amp: Denafrips Hestia preamp>>Schiit Aegir amp.

David

PHC1 11-22-2020 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonduciel (Post 1022157)
I am new here, and am happy to have recently found this forum, which has some very interesting threads.

After nearly 30 years with Superphon CD-Maxx preamp, a B&K ST140 amp, a Marantz CD player, and Spica TC-50 speakers, I completely redid my system after recent retirement. The biggest change is getting into the confusing but rewarding world of tubes. Learning about tweaks to my tube amp is one of the main reasons I'm here.

From 1960 on, my progression of speakers was: AR (Acoustic Research) 2, Klipsch Heresy, ESS Heil Towers, Thiel CS 2.5, Spica TC-50/Velodyne sub.

My new system: Bluesound Node 2i>>Denafrips Pontus>>Line Magnetic 34ia integrated tube amp>>Tekton Electron SE (junior Double Impact) speakers, REL 5 subwoofer, StraightWire and DH Lab cables. Secondary SS backup to the tube amp: Denafrips Hestia preamp>>Schiit Aegir amp.

David

Welcome to AA David. Looking over your current system, I can tell you have been around the block with this hobby. :thumbsup: Tastefully and purposefully put together. Enjoy and welcome :music: