AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   D'Agostino Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Momentum Break-in... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=11920)

Masterlu 01-16-2012 10:57 AM

Momentum Break-in...

Jim & Serge... How are the Momentum's sounding as they break in? :scratch2:

Still-One 01-16-2012 01:14 PM

Ivan
I am more than pleased with the performance as my Momentum's continue to break-in. Even thought they sound good each day when I first power them up, they sound quite a bit better to my ears after they are fully warmed up.

All music seems to be projected with additional more body and weight. A few recordings might sound a bit bright for those who prefer a more rolled off high end. This is not an issue for me.

Jim

Masterlu 01-16-2012 02:01 PM

Good to hear Jim, I figured they would only get better! :ok:

PHC1 01-16-2012 07:36 PM

Ivan, so far the Momentum's are shaping up to be the most incredible amps I have owned to date. :yes: It is a bit difficult for me to say right now what's what since I have all new Wilsons that need break in and Transparent cables that needs a bit as well. All I can say is I am seriously enjoying this new multifaceted upgrade and the combo is incredible all across the board. :music:

Masterlu 01-16-2012 07:40 PM

Serge... Very glad to hear, keep us posted as they reach their full potential.

PHC1 01-16-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 254933)
Serge... Very glad to hear, keep us posted as they reach their full potential.

Ivan, of course I have owned a pair of Sasha's before as well as having auditioned and lived with some upper Transparent so I do have a pretty good understanding of which of the three are bringing what to the table. I do however need to let everything break in before I can elaborate and break it down further. Like I said, right now it is incredible, even through the break in process. As Jim mentioned, the Momentum monos need a bit of time to warm up before they sound their best and once they do.... :music::music::music::music::music:

Still-One 01-16-2012 08:36 PM

There are some excellent amps being produced around the world. I can tell you I no longer have amp envy when I look at these other products. The Momentum's hold their own with the best of them.

Jim

PHC1 01-16-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 254985)
There are some excellent amps being produced around the world. I can tell you I no longer have amp envy when I look at these other products. The Momentum's hold their own with the best of them.

Jim

Jim, the Momentum monoblocks are not cheap by any means. There are some amps out there that are still multiple times the Momentum price. I have yet to hear better and even if they do by some small margin, this is as far as I want to go in terms of cash outlay. I'm also very happy, these are here to stay! :thumbsup: This is as good as it gets for me. :banana:

howiebrou 01-16-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 254994)
Jim, the Momentum monoblocks are not cheap by any means. There are some amps out there that are still multiple times the Momentum price. I have yet to hear better and even if they do by some small margin, this is as far as I want to go in terms of cash outlay. I'm also very happy, these are here to stay! :thumbsup: This is as good as it gets for me. :banana:

Serge,

What is the market price of the Momentums, pray tell?

thanks

howie

Ritmo 01-16-2012 09:06 PM

Jim and Serge,

Glad to hear that you are extremely pleased thus far.

Mike