AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   New to "high end" audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44330)

gabor 11-12-2018 08:23 PM

New to "high end" audio

Recently bought a McIntosh product (MA252) after years of owning "modest" audio equipment.
Enjoyed a decent "low end" Anthem/Paradigm system from 1998 until 2 months ago.

My love for music began as a child when my father played his Sinatra,"Satchmo" and Earl grant records on a Dual/Normende console system from 1964.With solid teak veneer it was a modern classic with a pretty decent sound.

I'm also into performing music with guitar/vocals/harmonica and have had a few gigs around town in a duo.

Enjoy listening to classical folk rock,jazz,classical and blues.

Having some difficulty figuring out the digital and his res down load musical stuff.So I listen to Pandora and my own CD collection pretty much.

We have lived in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St Paul for the past 27 years but are moving to Bellingham Washington very soon to enjoy a milder climate during our retirement years...

Gabe K

Mikado463 11-12-2018 08:27 PM

Welcome Gabe, I've traveled through your fair 'cities' many times by train on the Empire Builder.

audioguy3107 11-12-2018 08:29 PM

Gabe - Welcome to AA, you’ll quickly get the bug here hanging out with all of us crazy audiophiles. Lots of members up in the pacific NW as well.

- Buck

Antonmb 11-12-2018 09:05 PM

Hey Gabe, welcome to AA, and soon to the PNW. I’m in Bellingham 3-4 times a week and have lived in the Bellingham area for almost 40 years now, so feel free to reach out if I can be of any help. If nothing else I can at least buy you lunch and get you introduced to the local dealer when you get to town.

scirica 11-12-2018 09:06 PM

Welcome To AA Gabe; Hold on to your wallet!!!

gabor 11-12-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 940147)
Hey Gabe, welcome to AA, and soon to the PNW. I’m in Bellingham 3-4 times a week and have lived in the Bellingham area for almost 40 years now, so feel free to reach out if I can be of any help. If nothing else I can at least buy you lunch and get you introduced to the local dealer when you get to town.

Who is the local dealer there?

A friend of mine travels to Seattle where there is a great shop selling high end used gear...

An old college classmate also lives there so I am already acquainted already with the area but I'll be sure to contact you soon!

Antonmb 11-12-2018 09:26 PM

PM coming.

The G.O.A.T. 12-09-2018 04:08 PM

Welcome to AA, This is one place where you're sure to get all your questions answered!

gadawg 12-09-2018 06:42 PM

And we love helping and encouraging each other to spend their money!

:banana:

George

JGM411 12-09-2018 07:23 PM

Welcome to your new audio home..... Lots of great discussions audio and non-audio goes on in this forum