AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PMC Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Finally joined the EB1i club... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=2493)

two dot 10-26-2009 06:59 PM

Finally joined the EB1i club...

Well, almost...

They are on the truck... heading this way.

Thanks to the generosity of one of our forum members (I will let him step up if he desires) I will FINALLY be taking delivery of a pair of PMC's flagship EB1i loudspeaker systems.

I must say that I would have never been able to take this step without the incredible kindness of one of our members. It really does feel like a family here.

Also, a HUGE thanks to IAN at PMC who has worked incredibly hard to expose me to the wonders that are PMC loudspeakers. I can honestly say that I could live with the OB1's for a long time and that nothing has ever sounded better in my room.

Also, I would like to thank the President of the PMC fan club... Dan (Jdandy) for his tireless efforts to help me with the upgrade process.

My only fear in upgrading is that the the EB1i's won't match the performance of the OB1's, which is absolutely stellar!!!

So, within the amount of time it takes BAX to get from NY to CA, I will be listening to PMC EB1i's in my room :yes::yes::yes:

Thanks to everyone who helped make this MAJOR upgrade possible.

jdandy 10-26-2009 07:14 PM

PMC EB1i's on the way......YEA!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by two dot (Post 44083)
Well, almost...

They are on the truck... heading this way.

My only fear in upgrading is that the the EB1i's won't match the performance of the OB1's.....

Stephen.......What a worry wart. Have faith. The EB1i's will blow you away. :yes:

BuffaloBill 10-26-2009 07:31 PM

You will not be disappointed with the EB1i's. You will now sleep at night knowing you have about as good as it gets with MC500 amplifiers, C2200 preamplifier, MCD500 SACD/CD player, and EB1i speakers. (Assuming you had the money in the bank to buy them :D)

Still-One 10-26-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by two dot (Post 44083)
Well, almost...

My only fear in upgrading is that the the EB1i's won't match the performance of the OB1's, which is absolutely stellar!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped make this MAJOR upgrade possible.

There was one review out of the UK where they initially preferred the OB1's but quickly changed their minds. I think you will be very happy.
Jim

two dot 10-26-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuffaloBill (Post 44104)
You will not be disappointed with the EB1i's. You will now sleep at night knowing you have about as good as it gets with MC500 amplifiers, C2200 preamplifier, MCD500 SACD/CD player, and EB1i speakers. (Assuming you had the money in the bank to buy them :D)

Bill, Thanks for your sentiments...

And yes this was a cash purchase.

I don't borrow money... not for cars, not for trips, not for audio...

Maybe real estate, but those days might be gone...

two dot 10-26-2009 07:46 PM

283 POUNDS shipped.... YIKES!!!

jdandy 10-26-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by two dot (Post 44109)
I don't borrow money... not for cars, not for trips, not for audio...Maybe real estate, but those days might be gone...

Stephen.......Way to go. Same here. No bills, no payments, low overhead. It's the only way to go. :thumbsup:

80B 10-26-2009 10:16 PM

Stephen, Congrats. I really look forward to the review.

ian@pmc 10-27-2009 01:30 AM

In the famous words of Rob Halford - You've got another thing comin'.

KahunaCanuck 10-27-2009 01:48 AM

Congrats! You will be an expert on the PMC line!