AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wireworld Silver Eclipse speaker cable vs: Kimber 8TC speaker cable (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9672)

jdandy 08-26-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimtranr (Post 197519)
Great review, Dan. And I'm not surprised at the result in view of my experience with the comparisons between Kimber Select/Kimber "straight" IC's and the much less expensive but superior-sounding WW's.

Just curious: Have you compared the 8TC's and the SE's on complex and dynamic orchestral program material?

Jim.......I have listened to several complex recordings, although nothing of the classical orchestra genre. Playing the CD of Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band - XXL, the different horn sections, piano, guitar and drums were no challenge for the Silver Eclipse speaker cables. Dan Siegel Project - Fables is a complex recording with many unusual wind, acoustic and percussion instruments from around the world arranged on many of the CD's tracks. The Silver Eclipse performed as an invisible conduit for the music, completely transparent, and thrilling to hear.

jdandy 08-26-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiot servant (Post 197532)
Great analysis Dan,

You go to such great lengths to ensure a true a reflection of these great cables... and Jim's question about how the WW compare on complex orchestral passages is on the money... IMHO that is where the flow of these cables seem to just lock into the pulse of the music... and the foot tapping thing and the way it makes us feel happy, that it is always the ultimate deciding indicator for me if something is a keeper... look forward to any further thoughts as they settle in.

Graham.......Thank you. I can't remember when I have tapped my foot more than I have these past few days listening to the Silver Eclipse speaker cables feeding the Amati Anniversario's. It is wonderful.

Masterlu 08-26-2011 07:57 PM

Time to update your Signature Dan... :naughty:

Still-One 08-26-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 197549)
[B]J The other roadblock in cost. Two 38' runs of Silver Eclipse speaker cable is out of my cable budget.

Dan
Did I actually read the word budget in this post. :lmao: Lets see if I remember correctly, (2) new MCD-1100's, a new 2300, new Annerversario, a new 452, new 601's, a new Michell Gryo with tone arm and cartridge. Not sure the word budget comes to mind. That is more like someones Bucket List.

By the way. Nice review. :thumbsup:

JIm

Masterlu 08-26-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 197554)
Jim.......I have listened to several complex recordings, although nothing of the classical orchestra genre. Playing the CD of Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band - XXL, the different horn sections, piano, guitar and drums were no challenge for the Silver Eclipse speaker cables. Dan Siegel Project - Fables is a complex recording with many unusual wind, acoustic and percussion instruments from around the world arranged on many of the CD's tracks. The Silver Eclipse performed as an invisible conduit for the music, completely transparent, and thrilling to hear.

Dan... I guess what really prompted me to do this was knowing you had the Amati's, and I just felt these cables would really let those Anniversario's breathe.

They will get even better over the next few weeks! :thumbsup:

Vintage Pete 08-26-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 197559)
Dan
Did I actually read the word budget in this post. :lmao: Lets see if I remember correctly, (2) new MCD-1100's, a new 2300, new Annerversario, a new 452, new 601's, a new Michell Gryo with tone arm and cartridge. Not sure the word budget comes to mind. That is more like someones Bucket List.

JIm

He may just have something there Dan....:scratch2: :D

Pete

Masterlu 08-26-2011 08:15 PM

I'll be the first to admit a 38' run of Silver Eclipse doesn't make sense.

When I did my TT install, I really didn't have a choice. I put in a 50' pair of Silver Eclipse cables; I think they were $8K at my cost.

Still-One 08-26-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 197570)
I'll be the first to admit a 38' run of Silver Eclipse doesn't make sense.

When I did my TT install, I really didn't have a choice. I put in a 50' pair of Silver Eclipse cables; I think they were $8K at my cost.

Ivan, cutting corners are you? The TT really needs the Platinum interconnects. :yikes:

Jim

jdandy 08-26-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 197559)
Dan

Jim.......I see your point, and raise you one. That gear represents two years of budget spent in one. Resources do have their limits. I am quickly approaching mine. ;)

Masterlu 08-26-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 197574)
Ivan, cutting corners are you? The TT really needs the Platinum interconnects. :yikes:

Jim

I looked at the Plat's they were $40K; that's more than the TT & Goldfinger. :D