AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wireworld Silver Eclipse speaker cable vs: Kimber 8TC speaker cable (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9672)

jwhite613 08-26-2011 06:52 PM

Congrats Dan!!! Now do you get another pair for the other system? I've got the perfect place to store those Kimber Kables for you. :D

JJinID 08-26-2011 07:09 PM

Fantastic review Dan - Wireworld really does make excellent cables! :thumbsup:

PHC1 08-26-2011 07:09 PM

So cables do make a difference??? :D

audiot servant 08-26-2011 07:12 PM

Great analysis Dan,

You go to such great lengths to ensure a true a reflection of these great cables... and Jim's question about how the WW compare on complex orchestral passages is on the money... IMHO that is where the flow of these cables seem to just lock into the pulse of the music... and the foot tapping thing and the way it makes us feel happy, that it is always the ultimate deciding indicator for me if something is a keeper... look forward to any further thoughts as they settle in.

Graham

jdandy 08-26-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C220MC275 (Post 197496)
Thanks Dan for the great review.
It gave me the will to buy the Silver Eclipse for my 2301's.
I see many 8TC for sale in the future and I may be a customer for those too because they are still great cables for more modest amps / systems....
Cheers !

Ivan, can you give me by PM a quote for a one meter pair of these marvels, with bananas on the soeaker side and spades on the amp side please.
I don't think that WW makes shorter lengths than 1 meter right ? ( I actually need only 50 cms for each amp...)
Oh BTW, you can thank Dan for that :D !

Jérôme.......I would suggest you look at purchasing at least one meter. The Wireworld Silver Eclipse is stiffer, and no where near as pliable or easy to bend as the Kimber 8TC. It will be less difficult to install with a little extra length.

m.tonetti 08-26-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 197502)
Dan... What a superb review; not because you found the Silver Eclipse superior, but because it is a real treat to read your well described and written reviews.

Thank you for doing this Shoot out!

+1 :thumbsup:

jdandy 08-26-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 197502)
Dan... What a superb review; not because you found the Silver Eclipse superior, but because it is a real treat to read your well described and written reviews.

Thank you for doing this Shoot out!

Ivan.......Thank you. It was my pleasure to be able to perform this shootout. Honestly, I was hoping to hear less of a difference between the Kimber 8TC and the Silver Eclipse speaker cables so I could justify sticking with my trusted Kimber's. Now that I have tasted the fruit I am hooked. :)

jdandy 08-26-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C220MC275 (Post 197496)
Thanks Dan for the great review.
It gave me the will to buy the Silver Eclipse for my 2301's.
I see many 8TC for sale in the future and I may be a customer for those too because they are still great cables for more modest amps / systems....
Cheers !

Ivan, can you give me by PM a quote for a one meter pair of these marvels, with bananas on the soeaker side and spades on the amp side please.
I don't think that WW makes shorter lengths than 1 meter right ? ( I actually need only 50 cms for each amp...)
Oh BTW, you can thank Dan for that :D !

Jerome.......After the 50 hour mark I knew I was listening to something very special. I did not return to the Kimber 8TC cables until the comparison began, and had hoped the difference would be minor. It wasn't. I have now purchased a pair of speaker cables that two weeks ago I wasn't even thinking about. Life is funny like that sometimes. :thumbsup:

jdandy 08-26-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhite613 (Post 197522)
Congrats Dan!!! Now do you get another pair for the other system? I've got the perfect place to store those Kimber Kables for you. :D

Jeff.......I plan to leave the Kimber 8TC cables on my main system. My speaker cables for that system are 38' each, go into the wall behind my rack, up to the attic, and back down the walls by each speaker. Two things are against changing these cables. One is the difficulty of trying to get the Silver Eclipse into and up the wall to the attic, then back down the walls at the speaker locations. The other roadblock is cost. Two 38' runs of Silver Eclipse speaker cable is out of my cable budget.

As for the two 15' pair of Kimber 8TC, terminated with WBT Nextgen solid silver angled locking banana connectors, I haven't decided whether to sell them or use them in my vintage system between the MA5100 and the JBL 4312A speakers. I am undecided at this point.

jdandy 08-26-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 197529)
So cables do make a difference??? :D

Serge.......You know it!