AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Japanese Exotica (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Last of the Mohicans... Luxman D-06U is home (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42383)

PHC1 03-05-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 903655)
What a great way to play your future collection!

Thanks Tom. Looking forward to rebuilding my collection a little at a time.

PHC1 03-05-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 903662)
Serge.......The Luxman D-06U SACD player is a beauty inside and out. I think you made a wise choice for your SACD playback needs. In fact, this player may take the place of the MOON Neo 260D for CD playback once your Yggdrasil DAC arrives. It is interesting to watch you build up your system. So far so good.

Thanks Dan, the Moon will certainly find use in another system that I have in mind. Partnering DAC will most likely be YggY. The system will consist of the PrimaLuna HP, Moon, YggY and speakers are yet to be determined. This system will share the same room as my headphone system.

PHC1 03-05-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 903657)
Congratulations , enjoy Serge :D

Thanks David. :thumbsup:

80B 03-05-2018 10:41 PM

Congrats Serge, that's a beautiful piece, both inside and out. Look forward to your impressions as you break it in.

PHC1 03-05-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 80B (Post 903666)
Congrats Serge, that's a beautiful piece, both inside and out. Look forward to your impressions as you break it in.

Thank you Paul.

Antonmb 03-06-2018 02:20 AM

Congratulations Serge, that’s a beautiful player. Luxman components have a style and grace I’ve always thought very attractive, and excellent build quality. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it for years to come.

vintage_tube 03-06-2018 02:30 AM

Wow Serge -- welcome as a Luxman Ultimate CD/SACD player owner.

Cool Beans Sir,

Bob

GreginNH1 03-06-2018 08:06 AM

Congrats Serge!

The D-06u is the sweet spot in the Luxman SACD player line up. If you think you like it now, wait a few hundred hours.:banana:

It is a perfect companion piece to your L-590AX II. I have no doubt you will find the synergy to be sublime.

You are assembling a first class rig. :thumbsup:I'm very happy for you!

Best,

Greg

PHC1 03-06-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 903713)
Congratulations Serge, that’s a beautiful player. Luxman components have a style and grace I’ve always thought very attractive, and excellent build quality. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it for years to come.

Thank you Tony. I do find the Luxman stylish and classy in a sort of understated way. What I noticed is that the love for it grows instead of fading once the initial excitement fades. Perhaps it is the sound, perhaps the well thought out features and quality feel or more likely combination of all of them. The more time I spend with the Luxman components, the more I realize the Luxman was exactly what I wanted from this system and I am very happy with the results so far.

PHC1 03-06-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreginNH1 (Post 903726)
Congrats Serge!

The D-06u is the sweet spot in the Luxman SACD player line up. If you think you like it now, wait a few hundred hours.:banana:

It is a perfect companion piece to your L-590AX II. I have no doubt you will find the synergy to be sublime.

You are assembling a first class rig. :thumbsup:I'm very happy for you!

Best,

Greg

Thanks Greg! This system cost me a fraction of the investment I made into other previous systems but the amount of listening joy it brings me is no less. You were right about the D-06U. :thumbsup: