AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Klipsch Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Heresy III rocking the house..... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=23188)

Jerome W 09-28-2013 01:46 PM

Heresy III rocking the house.....

First party of my son tonight with his friends. He is 13 and most of his friends are 14.
Removed the delicate Devore and put back the Klipsch's Heresy III.
Driven by the McIntosh MA5100 vintage integrated, the sound was truly delicious this afternoon.
But tonight the party started and the Heresy truly ROCK the house. They sound like huge speakers without distortion at very high volumes.
Really awesome.
On a side note, those speakers are made to sing with vintage amps.
They deliver magic with those and can sound pretty cold with modern amps.

US Blues 09-28-2013 02:06 PM

Wonderful news Jerome, and not just about the sound of the Heresy's at party volume. The fact that you are willing to host your son and his friends is admirable, and those kids will want to come back for more music on that great sounding system. Another generation of audiophiles- one pair of ears at a time. :yes:

Jerome W 09-28-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by US Blues (Post 535698)
Wonderful news Jerome, and not just about the sound of the Heresy's at party volume. The fact that you are willing to host your son and his friends is admirable, and those kids will want to come back for more music on that great sounding system. Another generation of audiophiles- one pair of ears at a time. :yes:

:thumbsup: Scott !

jdandy 09-28-2013 03:02 PM

Jérôme.......What a great dad! Very cool. :applause:

o0OBillO0o 09-28-2013 03:14 PM

Rocking out is what the Heritage Series from Klipsch do. Great news!

Jerome W 09-28-2013 03:35 PM

Dan, Bill.....
Thank you my friends !

gtubes 09-28-2013 03:55 PM

Cool Jérôme, creating some great memories for those attending !

Jerome W 09-29-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtubes (Post 535738)
Cool Jérôme, creating some great memories for those attending !

Thanks Greg.
It is funny to think that speakers and the amp used for this party of 13 - 14 years old kids are from the old times ( Heresy III is a modern version of the Heresy but from what I heard, it sounds pretty close to the original ).
It seems that they liked the sound.

On a side note, when I read that the Heresy do not have bass, it makes me laugh. Listen to them with a Mc amplifier. It is true that all amps are not able to express their potential in the bass. No extreme bass ? surely. But not many speakers can reproduce extreme bass....

Pyro 09-29-2013 09:15 AM

:roots:

jdandy 09-29-2013 12:28 PM

Jérôme.......I am curious. What kind of music does a 13 year old young man listen to these days? What was being played?