AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   McIntosh Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   C2500 in the house (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37714)

80B 11-21-2016 09:16 PM

C2500 in the house

Major case of LuFlu going on here. We picked up a MX151 at an almost "have to buy" deal, and decided to upgrade from the MX136, almost on impulse. Before installing it, we also thought about upgrading the rig to include a tube pre-amp with a bypass, given that the MX151 does a/d/a to support RoomPerfect.

So, we go to the local dealer and listen to a C2500, running MC1.2Kws on Amati Futuras. Boss-girl is in the listening room for 90 minutes of ear-bliss while I'm swapping out CDs.:music: The C2500 came home with us!:banana:

Today we're setting things up, doing some re-wiring and figuring out the best way to configure for the bypass, etc. We did stop to play the first side of Houses of the Holy on vinyl, and were amazed at the difference made by having the C2500 in there, with the greater bloom and engaging sound from that preamp - it really makes the 802Ds sing! Just mind-blowing hearing something so improved in our own room, where we haven't made any changes since we set things up about seven years ago.

I'm really looking forward to listening once we've got everything dialed in, and look forward to getting back to listening to the vinyl more often. We also took the upgrade deal from Mc to get an MVP901, which will be on its way. Oh, and I'll have to post something in the "Italy's Best" forum in a week or so...:D

Audiophilehi 11-21-2016 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 80B (Post 814908)
Major case of LuFlu going on here. We picked up a MX151 at an almost "have to buy" deal, and decided to upgrade from the MX136, almost on impulse. Before installing it, we also thought about upgrading the rig to include a tube pre-amp with a bypass, given that the MX151 does a/d/a to support RoomPerfect.

So, we go to the local dealer and listen to a C2500, running MC1.2Kws on Amati Futuras. Boss-girl is in the listening room for 90 minutes of ear-bliss while I'm swapping out CDs.:music: The C2500 came home with us!:banana:

Today we're setting things up, doing some re-wiring and figuring out the best way to configure for the bypass, etc. We did stop to play the first side of Houses of the Holy on vinyl, and were amazed at the difference made by having the C2500 in there, with the greater bloom and engaging sound from that preamp - it really makes the 802Ds sing! Just mind-blowing hearing something so improved in our own room, where we haven't made any changes since we set things up about seven years ago.

I'm really looking forward to listening once we've got everything dialed in, and look forward to getting back to listening to the vinyl more often. We also took the upgrade deal from Mc to get an MVP901, which will be on its way. Oh, and I'll have to post something in the "Italy's Best" forum in a week or so...:D

Congratulations on your new addition. I love my c2500. I need to also figure out how to configure the bypass to work with my Marantz 8801.

jdandy 11-21-2016 09:28 PM

Paul.......Holy mackerel, you two jumped into the deep end of the pool. Congratulations on the premium components coming home.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4084/...b19925b372.jpg

Randy Myers 11-21-2016 09:35 PM

Gratz! Great stuff...

j3brow 11-21-2016 09:41 PM

Congrats Paul .... love the choices. However the best part of the post is that your wife is into it!!!! Then Led Zep!!! Wow. That's the stuff of fairy tales in my world.

Yamaki 11-21-2016 09:46 PM

Congrats, Paul. Those are some great choices!!!

Randy Myers 11-21-2016 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 814915)
However the best part of the post is that your wife is into it!!!! Then Led Zep!!! Wow. That's the stuff of fairy tales in my world.

I know... really!!!

djwhog 11-21-2016 10:29 PM

Very nice huge congrats and what a partner :). Wow impressive

Chad.Wagner 11-21-2016 10:32 PM

Nice!

vinod_david 11-21-2016 10:50 PM

Chad.Wagner - I cannot reply or write PMs to you as I don't carry the banner. Die hard fan of Petra, has entire collection. Never heard Steve Taylor.

PS: Sorry OP for some derailment.