AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Audio Racks & Furniture (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   New Core Audio Design Racks (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43933)

jmw31 09-28-2018 07:11 PM

New Core Audio Design Racks

2 Attachment(s)
It was time to say goodbye to my trusted Salamander Synergy S40 Six Shelf Audio Rack. After much research and deliberation I went with a pair of Core Audio Designs plyKraft 3L in Sapele. They arrived on Thursday just ahead of my birthday. I love the look and what they do for the sound of my system. My wife loves the look too which is a huge bonus.

I can say that working with Arnold Marr at Core Audio was an absolute pleasure. He took the time to talk through my goals, was accommodating on some tweaks to the standard format and despite being slammed managed to get them to me early. The packing of the units in 5 separate boxes was outstanding. The fit and finish and tolerances around the joints is exceptional.

With the help of a friend I had them unboxed, assembled and all equipment installed in just over a two of hours. Very happy camper. Thank you Arnold.

Attachment 56549

jdandy 09-28-2018 09:14 PM

Joe.......You have a beautiful sound system. The new Core Audio Designs plyKraft 3L in Sapele looks fabulous and shows off the equipment nicely. I like the room color, too.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1904/...34069715_o.jpg

djwhog 09-28-2018 09:27 PM

Joe very nice, great looking system and room, looks so so nice sounds great too I bet :)

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Levitator 09-29-2018 12:24 AM

Beautiful set up - enjoy!!

For The Love of Music 09-29-2018 01:09 AM

Clean

mcpaf76 09-29-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmw31 (Post 933592)
It was time to say goodbye to my trusted Salamander Synergy S40 Six Shelf Audio Rack. After much research and deliberation I went with a pair of Core Audio Designs plyKraft 3L in Sapele. They arrived on Thursday just ahead of my birthday. I love the look and what they do for the sound of my system. My wife loves the look too which is a huge bonus.

I can say that working with Arnold Marr at Core Audio was an absolute pleasure. He took the time to talk through my goals, was accommodating on some tweaks to the standard format and despite being slammed managed to get them to me early. The packing of the units in 5 separate boxes was outstanding. The fit and finish and tolerances around the joints is exceptional.

With the help of a friend I had them unboxed, assembled and all equipment installed in just over a two of hours. Very happy camper. Thank you Arnold.

Attachment 56549

Looks awesome. Salamanders are decent racks (I have one) But that's definitely an upgrade. System looks great.

audio5 09-29-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmw31 (Post 933592)
It was time to say goodbye to my trusted Salamander Synergy S40 Six Shelf Audio Rack.

I can say that working with Arnold Marr at Core Audio was an absolute pleasure. He took the time to talk through my goals, was accommodating on some tweaks to the standard format and despite being slammed managed to get them to me early.
Attachment 56549

Thanks for sharing, could you please elaborate on Tweaks/options; would I be able to use bottom shelf for MC 1.2 KW.
Are these wooden shelves or made of compressed plywood?

Sami

GreginNH1 09-30-2018 07:52 AM

Joe - big congrats! I am happy that you had great experience with Arnold. He takes customer service to a whole new level.

jmw31 09-30-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio5 (Post 933742)
Thanks for sharing, could you please elaborate on Tweaks/options; would I be able to use bottom shelf for MC 1.2 KW.
Are these wooden shelves or made of compressed plywood?

Sami

I was able to change to size and bevel of the top shelf. I also changed the distance between the shelves. I would speak to Arnold as I cannot imagine the bottom shelf could not have larger spacing to accommodate the MC 1.2.

audio5 09-30-2018 08:47 AM

Thanks, I'll contact him soon.