AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Series 8 Just got delivered... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42644)

Masterlu 04-05-2018 04:54 PM

Series 8 Just got delivered...

1 Attachment(s)
A spy photo... :spy:

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...1&d=1522961623

Maks 04-05-2018 05:37 PM

I was thinking of heading to Axpona in 2 weekends, but Wireworld wasn't listed under the "new product announcements" section on the website.

Masterlu 04-05-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maks (Post 909763)
I was thinking of heading to Axpona in 2 weekends, but Wireworld wasn't listed under the "new product announcements" section on the website.

Correct, they won’t be there.

jimtranr 04-05-2018 06:34 PM

And the retail price list is how far behind? :D

Masterlu 04-05-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimtranr (Post 909775)
And the retail price list is how far behind? :D

I should have it in the next week or so.

jimtranr 04-05-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 909776)
I should have it in the next week or so.

Thanks, Ivan.

Vintage Pete 04-05-2018 06:55 PM

:lurk:

mchydro 04-05-2018 07:34 PM

I have FOMO! fear of missing out

Shrinky Smurf 04-06-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mchydro (Post 909782)
I have FOMO! fear of missing out

Ah yes, FOMO. A very sporadic illness that seems to hit in mass epidemics, often with a distinct peak on the Friday after Thanksgiving. But, FOMO can occur in isolated cases, or at other times of year (especially when manufacturers of sought after items go out of business, or come out with a new product line). Subjects usually experience intense worry, with feelings of uncertainty and self-doubt, sometimes accompanied by physical symptoms of lightheadedness, agitation, tremors, shortness of breath and gastrointestinal upset. In extreme cases fainting may occur.

A stiff drink of at least 40% ethanol can help ameliorate symtptoms in the initial phases. The success rate is unverified, but the recommended cure is searching for an accommodating and suitable source/supplier (I hear some guy named Ivan is the best), suppressing apprehension while exhibiting an exceedingly pleasant manner, suffering several nights of insomnia, wringing your hands, ignoring all reason, and spending lots of money all at once. This is usually followed by an emotion of intense restless excitement and euphoria settling into a period described as a “plateau of peacefulness.” :D

Unfortunately, this phase is sometimes interrupted by feelings of guilt or shame associated with a time-limited period of marital discord of varying degrees.

Without this treatment, you are liable to experience and intensified fear and/or anger, followed by eventual dissolution into a stage of remorse and regret, which, if not resolved, may persist. Resolution is achieved either through genuine acceptance, or the form of rationalization known as “sour grapes.” :drool:

I hope your case is not too severe, and that you recover well.

Best,
Shrinky

mchydro 04-06-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrinky Smurf (Post 909945)
Ah yes, FOMO. A very sporadic illness that seems to hit in mass epidemics, often with a distinct peak on the Friday after Thanksgiving. But, FOMO can occur in isolated cases, or at other times of year (especially when manufacturers of sought after items go out of business, or come out with a new product line). Subjects usually experience intense worry, with feelings of uncertainty and self-doubt, sometimes accompanied by physical symptoms of lightheadedness, agitation, tremors, shortness of breath and gastrointestinal upset. In extreme cases fainting may occur.

A stiff drink of at least 40% ethanol can help ameliorate symtptoms in the initial phases. The success rate is unverified, but the recommended cure is searching for an accommodating and suitable source/supplier (I hear some guy named Ivan is the best), suppressing apprehension while exhibiting an exceedingly pleasant manner, suffering several nights of insomnia, wringing your hands, ignoring all reason, and spending lots of money all at once. This is usually followed by an emotion of intense restless excitement and euphoria settling into a period described as a “plateau of peacefulness.” :D

Unfortunately, this phase is sometimes interrupted by feelings of guilt or shame associated with a time-limited period of marital discord of varying degrees.

Without this treatment, you are liable to experience and intensified fear and/or anger, followed by eventual dissolution into a stage of remorse and regret, which, if not resolved, may persist. Resolution is achieved either through genuine acceptance, or the form of rationalization known as “sour grapes.” :drool:

I hope your case is not too severe, and that you recover well.

Best,
Shrinky

Thanks Doctor! Excellent synopsis of the symptoms and recommended prescription. [emoji23]