AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Time Pieces (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Rolex Day Date With Howie's Help! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=4260)

JSCC 05-01-2010 04:15 AM

Rolex Day Date With Howie's Help!

1 Attachment(s)
Well, the short holiday/vacation I took with my family met with fruitful results.

1. I get to meet up with Howie Bro again .... and this time, I get to meet everyone in his family. His lovely wife, his son (a very nice little boy) and a pretty young lady (his youngest daughter).

2. Howie set me up with a local watch shop as he got me a pretty nice price for something I saw in Singapore - a Platinum Rolex Day Date - for like S$6 cheaper, making this trip, sort of ... free. Its so subtle, yet so beautiful. :thumbsup:

Howie, thanks a million for the help & thanks for the nice cuppa at Starbucks! I look forward to your trip over to Singapore. Give me a call and if I am in town, we will go have fun!

The only thing missing is being able to go to his house - see his nice renovation as well as hearing his entire Meridian high end (very) HT cum stereo. Maybe sometime later I guess as I do not like to invoke my wife's memory of my being a bad boy in the past on pricing.

Next? Well, the Lange Daymatic Pink Gold!

Cheers!:banana:

Still-One 05-01-2010 08:08 AM

Jerry
Very nice.
Much easier to get in the door and past the wife than a pair of Horn Speakers. :D

Jim

JSCC 05-01-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 78743)
Jerry
Very nice.
Much easier to get in the door and past the wife than a pair of Horn Speakers. :D

Jim

And we did talked about HORN speakers Jim. I did agree with Howie that a pair of the Avantgarde Uno Picco with their own integrated amplifier Model 3 would be a great. If I am not wrong, the Picco is no longer being produced.

But I did miss riding in Howie's Audi Q7! Next time, maybe.

So, this year any plans to dropping by again? We will have something different for dinner. Promise! :thumbsup:

Cheers! :banana:

Still-One 05-01-2010 08:36 AM

Jerry
My wife is heading off to Europe for a couple of weeks with several of her friends. Maybe I can look into heading back over to Asia later in the summer. I will keep you posted.
Jim

AudioNut 05-01-2010 08:46 AM

And, if you have an Amazon Prime account, they will give you FREE two day shipping on your very own Platinum Rolex Day-Date - and you don't even have to travel to the far-east to pick it up.

BUY AMERICAN!!!!

(Gosh I hope the prices are better in Hong Kong and Singapore!)

Amazon.com: Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day-Date Mens Watch 118206-SD: Rolex: Watches

JSCC 05-01-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jprice (Post 78759)
And, if you have an Amazon Prime account, they will give you FREE two day shipping on your very own Platinum Rolex Day-Date - and you don't even have to travel to the far-east to pick it up.

BUY AMERICAN!!!!

Amazon.com: Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day-Date Mens Watch 118206-SD: Rolex: Watches

Singapore would be S$4k and Hong Kong, a whopping S$10k cheaper. Best deal I had for this year! :thumbsup:

Supercronopio 05-01-2010 09:46 AM

Nice watch. It is stunning in person. Congratulations.

80B 05-01-2010 10:23 AM

Glad you guys got together. Hey, most people I know get Rolexes for US$30 in Hong Kong. There's a guy on the corner in Tsim Sha Tsui who can get a "special deal just for you". You sure you didn't get ripped off? :roflmao:

Seriously, that's one beautiful timepiece. Congrats.

howiebrou 05-01-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSCC (Post 78726)
Well, the short holiday/vacation I took with my family met with fruitful results.

1. I get to meet up with Howie Bro again .... and this time, I get to meet everyone in his family. His lovely wife, his son (a very nice little boy) and a pretty young lady (his youngest daughter).

2. Howie set me up with a local watch shop as he got me a pretty nice price for something I saw in Singapore - a Platinum Rolex Day Date - for like S$6 cheaper, making this trip, sort of ... free. Its so subtle, yet so beautiful. :thumbsup:

Howie, thanks a million for the help & thanks for the nice cuppa at Starbucks! I look forward to your trip over to Singapore. Give me a call and if I am in town, we will go have fun!

The only thing missing is being able to go to his house - see his nice renovation as well as hearing his entire Meridian high end (very) HT cum stereo. Maybe sometime later I guess as I do not like to invoke my wife's memory of my being a bad boy in the past on pricing.

Next? Well, the Lange Daymatic Pink Gold!

Cheers!:banana:

You're welcome Jerry. Lovely to meet your wife and two lovely daughters as well!

Now did you save S$6 or S$6k :scratch2::D

howiebrou 05-01-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jprice (Post 78759)

BUY AMERICAN!!!!

Hong Kong is US$8k cheaper :yes: enough for a pair of Wireworld platinum interconnects!