AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Gryphon Diablo 300 - Initial Impressions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43156)

GSOphile 06-08-2021 08:48 AM

Kevin, I have no experience with Luxman (other than with an excellent loaner D-08u a couple of years ago), but I do have a Diablo 300 driven by an Esoteric K-01XD (replaced a K-03X). These are outstanding units that play well together. I got one of the first 300s available in the US several years ago. Bass, dynamics, and a rich presentation are what I hear; also a certain ease driving speakers. Greg described it well in his initial post. I have Magico S3 MkII speakers and play mostly classical music.

Anthony 06-10-2021 08:24 AM

Pursuit Perfect System (Terry Ellis) detailed ytube review(s) of the Diablo 300 seemed to suggest there was a special synergy with the optional DAC module and it would be wise to consider it.

Well during auditioning I very much agree.
The streaming connection was changed to SPDIF out via an interconnect into the Gryphon DAC module and wow it was like a new world of sound with DAC, preamp and power amp really singing together.

My listening notes summary say: capable of great atmosphere, a very integrated sound - definitely musical and transparent in the same breath.

So, as expensive as the optional quality DAC is, it’s incredibly well matched to the amplifier.

drrsutliff 06-13-2021 06:10 AM

I have had my Diablo 300 with DAC module for about 2 months. I use a Wolf Alpha 3 server to feed the DAC by USB. It replaced an Ayre QX5/20. The DAC module performs well above my original expectations and I also was able to part with $2000 of balanced interconnects and power cord.

Gibalok 11-19-2021 05:06 PM

swapped Ayre KX-5/VX-5 20 to Diablo 300. Lost some refinement but get better speakers control and authority. Overall satisfied.

What to expect after burning in? what time?

Thx

Gibalok 11-21-2021 10:00 AM

30 hours burning in.. no way back. This amp is incredible. Tranpsarent, authorative, thunderous, musical and emotional with natural timbre and tone. And this just through Schiit Modi Multibit dac/Optical input from TV/Roon/Qobuz.

Cant wait for Aqua Formula to come

drrsutliff 11-21-2021 01:06 PM

The Diablo 300 has continued to improve over the past 6 months. I moved from a VAC Renaissance V / Ayre VX5/20 / Ayre QX5/20 to a single unit that included the Gryphon DAC module. The clarity and emotional impact I experience every day reconfirms the decision to move to this incredible integrated. I believe you will experience a nice improvement with the addition of the Aqua Formula.

Gibalok 11-22-2021 06:59 PM

Thank you for reply. D300 is a sweat spot with great value. Ive been speaking with some owners and all of them are long term keepers.