AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wireworld PCs and Synergistic Power Conditioners (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40925)

ylee 10-25-2017 09:17 PM

Wireworld PCs and synergistic Power Conditioners

Can anyone comment regarding what power conditioners work well with Wireworld Platinum Electra powercords? My focus next year is to improve power conditioning as well as vibration control in my main system.

Puma Cat 10-25-2017 09:29 PM

My recommendation would be to consider a Shunyata power distributor over the Synergistics Research. Just my 2˘; IMHO, Caelin Gabriel of Shunyata is a genius.

rottikid 10-25-2017 09:43 PM

Check out Equi=tech Model Q Balanced Power Conditioner. Used in many Professional Recording Studios and Theaters. Excellent check out their web site.

Masterlu 10-25-2017 09:55 PM

I use Shunyata Hydra, and Denali Conditioners with my WW Platinum Electra PC’s; suberb synergy. :ok:

ylee 10-25-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 874977)
My recommendation would be to consider a Shunyata power distributor over the Synergistics Research. Just my 2˘; IMHO, Caelin Gabriel of Shunyata is a genius.

Sorry, I realize my capitalization of the world "synergistic" in the title of my post is confusing. I made the S lower case now.

vintage_tube 10-25-2017 10:01 PM

I'd recommend a power distribution unit by either Nordost QRT power products; especially the Qbase distribution unit or the D8 distribution box by Ansuz Acoustics. Both designed by Michael Borresen of Raidho fame -- who now designs Ansuz products.

Power conditioners have a good sounding name and conjure noise filtering and power protection. However, they typically reconstruct the AC which impedes the power line (limit peak current in some way to the electronics). This results in compressing the dynamic range of the music thus robbing the bass for instance & blurring the sound.

Ok, I'll go hide now.:paranoid:

Best Sirs,

Bob

Puma Cat 10-25-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 874989)
I use Shunyata Hydra, and Denali Conditioners with my WW Platinum Electra PC’s; suberb synergy. :ok:

Yup. :thumbsup:

Puma Cat 10-25-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylee (Post 874990)
Sorry, I realize my capitalization of the world "synergistic" in the title of my post is confusing. I made the S lower case now.

Ah, my mistake, I thought you were referring to Synergistics Research.

I think a bunch of us here would recommend that you just get a Shunyata distributor that fits in your budget and call it a day.

Ricjor1 10-26-2017 07:13 AM

Torus RM20.

BuffaloBill 10-26-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 874993)

Power conditioners have a good sounding name and conjure noise filtering and power protection. However, they typically reconstruct the AC which impedes the power line (limit peak current in some way to the electronics). This results in compressing the dynamic range of the music thus robbing the bass for instance & blurring the sound.

:thumbsup: