AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Free Music Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Free Vinyl, Thinning the Shelves (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44630)

Antonmb 12-17-2018 01:50 AM

Free Vinyl, Thinning the Shelves

I have a storage limit of about 1,000 albums, so rather than add more storage I thin the shelves every once in a while to make room for new stuff. The following albums are available to any interested subscriber for free. My preference is to ship the whole lot to someone, or at least no more than a couple of shipments. If someone wants the lot except for a couple, I'll give the ones you don't want to Goodwill. I'd rather not break this up into shipments of 1 or 2 each. I'll pay shipping on the lot as well, as a Christmas present.

I make no guarantees as to condition. Some of these I acquired new and are in good shape, some I've had for 30-40 years and are well played, but I do take good care of my albums. Some I acquired used and vinyl may be anywhere from pristine to so-so. All have been cleaned on a VPI RCM and treated with Last record preservative, many have new MFSL inner sleeves.

If I get several interested parties I'll let my wife pick a name in a couple of days. I have a pdf with all the cover images but am having trouble uploading it here, so if you're interested, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the file. Here's the list:

* Abigail Washburn - City of Refuge (new but noisy vinyl)
* Bach: Cantatas No.40 ‘Sleepers Awake’; No.4 ‘Christ Lay in The Bonds of Death - Vienna Chamber Choir & State Opera Orchestra, Vanguard
* Bach: Chromatic Fantasy & Fugue, Partitas Nos. 5 & 6 - Alexis Weissenberg, piano, Angel
* Bach: Goldberg Variations - Anthony Newman, harpsichord, Columbia
* Bach: French Suites Vol. 1, Nos. 1-4 - Glenn Gould, Columbia (1973)
* Bach: The Biggs Bach Book - E. Power Biggs, Columbia (196?)
* Bach Jazz Guitar - Andre Benichou, Nonesuch (1965)
* Beethoven: Two Favorite Sonatas: Appassionata, Waldstein - Walter Gieseking, Odyssey (196?)
* Carole King - Tapestry (Cover in tough shape, vinyl OK)
* Chopin: Etudes Op. 10 & 25 - Maurizio Pollini, DG
* Danny O’Keefe - Day To Day
* Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue; Milhaud: Scaramouche, etc. (piano works for 4 hands) - Veri & Jamanis, Connoisseur Society (1973), SQ Quadraphonic
* Josh Ritter - Sermon on The Rocks (new)
* Josh Ritter - So Runs The World Away (new)
* Keith Jarrett - Invocations/The Moth & The Flame
* Mozart: Horn Concertos - Alan Civil, horn; Philharmonic Orchestra, Otto Klemperer conducting; Angel (1961) - Library record, sleeve pretty bad but vinyl OK - bit of background noise due to thin vinyl
* Stan Rogers - Fogarty’s Cove
* Tchaikovsky: The Nutcracker (excerpts) - Boston Pops Orchestra, Arthur Fiedler conducting, RCA (1958)
* Tom Rush - Tom Rush
* Anna Russell - The Anna Russell Album - Classical/operatic comedy, Sony
* Don Williams - The Best of Vol.III
* Don Williams - Yellow Moon

Masterlu 12-17-2018 01:56 AM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f7c8...itemid=6159691

vegaracer1 12-17-2018 02:58 AM

Wow sweet deal.

SL1800 12-17-2018 06:27 AM

Wow Tony!! Please throw my name in the hat.

bart 12-17-2018 09:37 AM

Wonderful Tony!
Adds to the great Christmas spirit here on AA. :thumbsup:

(You don't have to put me on your list; my turntable hasn't been used for at least 3 decades).

Antonmb 12-17-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 945031)
Wonderful Tony!

Adds to the great Christmas spirit here on AA. :thumbsup:

(You don't have to put me on your list; my turntable hasn't been used for at least 3 decades).

Thanks Bart - I know you have a fantastic digital system, but you should really think about dusting off that table:)

bart 12-17-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 945036)
Thanks Bart - I know you have a fantastic digital system, but you should really think about dusting off that table:)

Ha Tony, some other good friends have told me to insert a good table into my system.
And for a moment I considered doing it.
But I see that even they listen more and more to digital themselves nowadays (what a wealth we have now with the streaming services!).
I think I'll rather upgrade my digital.

Still-One 12-17-2018 04:45 PM

Tony
Classy offer. :bowdown:

Higgens 12-17-2018 05:40 PM

Very generous of you, Tony. The spirit of Christmas is giving.

For The Love of Music 12-18-2018 03:31 AM

That’s the Spirit of Christmas, Love it!