AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sports (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rolex 24 at Daytona? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44874)

crwilli 01-13-2019 09:52 PM

Rolex 24 at Daytona?

Anyone headed to the Rolex 24 at Daytona?

I am hoping for good weather but looking forward to another great long weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using New Forum mobile app

Formerly YB-2 01-14-2019 09:03 AM

Craig - anything new and exciting from Corvette this year?

crwilli 01-14-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 949156)

Not that I have heard. Still running the C7.R.

Mikado463 01-14-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 949156)

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 949158)
Not that I have heard. Still running the C7.R.

yep C7.R for one more season, all drivers (Magnussen / Garcia in the #3 car and Gavin / Milner in #4) remain the same.

looking forward to the C8 introduction sometime this year ........

As for Daytona, not this year Craig, I'll be down to St Pete for the opening of the Indy Car season. Went to Sebring last year, NOT to return this year, what a dump. Much better to watch on TV IMO.

crwilli 01-14-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 949179)

As for Daytona, not this year Craig, I'll be down to St Pete for the opening of the Indy Car season. Went to Sebring last year, NOT to return this year, what a dump. Much better to watch on TV IMO.

I found Daytona to be outstanding. Facilities are plentiful and clean. Food and beverage services were more than adequate.

Now we were on the infield in a 35’ travel trailer and were dry, warm and comfortable. It is likely a different situation in the tent camping grounds just outside. ;)

Formerly YB-2 01-14-2019 08:07 PM

Well............ the C7R has reliability going for it. Hope that's enough with those 'long teeth'.

crwilli 01-14-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 949242)
Well............ the C7R has reliability going for it. Hope that's enough with those 'long teeth'.

It’s all about the ‘balance of power’ decisions each team is given. Last year, the Ford GTs were clearly faster than any car in their class so it did not look balanced to me.

Mille162 01-15-2019 12:27 AM

Not racing/with a team this year but currently planning on courting a few sponsors and being there sat. Will def be floating through the pits and garages. We’ve got a few proposals out there to run the new Lambo Huracan GT3 Evo but I never get tired of hearing that Ford GT pulling out of turn 1 and ripping through the infield!

crwilli 01-15-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mille162 (Post 949268)
Not racing/with a team this year but currently planning on courting a few sponsors and being there sat. Will def be floating through the pits and garages. We’ve got a few proposals out there to run the new Lambo Huracan GT3 Evo but I never get tired of hearing that Ford GT pulling out of turn 1 and ripping through the infield!

Are you a driver?

Mille162 01-16-2019 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 949288)
Are you a driver?

Former team principle for multi-season teams, dir. of a track multiple seasons, racing school instructor, various other positions in motorsports industry, but could never justify the cost of driving under a green flag. Our GT used to run a budget of $250-300k for the Rolex 24 only. Got a nice sponsor commitment one year and spent $450k and we ended up 3rd in GT class. Budget for next year to run the GT3 Evo is $400k min just to show up, twice that if we hope to podium. Who knows, if talks go well this year with sponsors, maybe you’ll see me suited up, but this years appearance is purely sponsor solicitation/sales.