AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Balanced Audio Technology (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Balanced Audio Technology (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=12463)

Dawgneck 05-21-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman (Post 312429)
Ray, until the VK-52SE burns in, you cannot really compare cables and interconnects. As to a $9,000 jump, I refer back to my post #27, which said go with Kimber 8TC speaker wires and Kimber Hero interconnects for now and upgrade later. The Kimbers are great bang for the buck and will re-sell easily, making this a low cost interim step.

BTW, a HUGE congrats on the new preamp!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the congrats, Randy.

I thought it over and concluded I don't want to play the upgrade game with the cables and I don't want to buy cables that are not on the same level as my equipment.

I will continue to burn-in the preamp and purchase the WW loom after I attend the Newport Beach Audio show in two weeks.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

chessman 05-21-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgneck (Post 312799)

I thought it over and concluded I don't want to play the upgrade game with the cables and I don't want to buy cables that are not on the same level as my equipment.

I will continue to burn-in the preamp and purchase the WW loom after I attend the Newport Beach Audio show in two weeks.

I made the same cut and never looked back. :D

chessman 05-21-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgneck (Post 312799)

Ray, check out this thread

http://www.audioaficionado.org/fs-ca...tml#post313019

Dawgneck 05-22-2012 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman (Post 313179)

Will do, Randy.

Thanks again.

Dawgneck 06-05-2012 03:41 AM

Randy,

Have you heard any of the TADs, the Sasha or the Rockport Avior on our equipment?

I heard the Avior yesterday at the Newport Beach Audio show and it sounded great on the VK-32 and a smaller BAT amp (didn't get the model).

The TADs and Sasha were incredible as well! I hear the Sasha won best of show.

I'm sure one the the above will be my next speaker.

chessman 06-05-2012 11:42 AM

Ray, I have not, but I often dream of Sasha's and TAD CR-1's. :)

joeinid 06-05-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman
Ray, I have not, but I often dream of Sasha's and TAD CR-1's. :)

:yes:

:)

kwb 06-08-2012 07:58 PM

Thanks for stopping by Ray -

The Rockport Avior's were hooked up to the Bat REX monoblocks and REX pre-amp at the Newport show. I had a VK32SE and VK255SE on display. Thank you for the nice comments about our sound. The 15x17x8 foot hotel room was an acoustic nightmare for us. I was suprised to get the level of sound we did all things considered... I invite you to come hear them again at our showroom in San Clemente :music: I also have the Rockport Mira II here and they sound great-

Ken Boyce

Masterlu 06-08-2012 08:50 PM

kwb... Welcome! :wave:

Thank you for your Support! :ok:

jwhite613 06-08-2012 08:52 PM

kwb... Welcome To AA!!!

:welcome2.:

chessman 06-08-2012 08:55 PM

kwb/Ken, welcome aboard! :wave:

Thanks for the support right out of the gate!

chessman 06-08-2012 09:59 PM

Ken, I would love to hear your take on BAT gear. I obviously love it, but your experience looks broader than mine. :)

Dawgneck 06-09-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwb (Post 321117)
The Rockport Avior's were hooked up to the Bat REX monoblocks and REX pre-amp at the Newport show. I had a VK32SE and VK255SE on display. Thank you for the nice comments about our sound. The 15x17x8 foot hotel room was an acoustic nightmare for us. I was suprised to get the level of sound we did all things considered... I invite you to come hear them again at our showroom in San Clemente :music: I also have the Rockport Mira II here and they sound great-

Ken Boyce

Thanks for the clarification on the pre-amp, Ken. I knew the 32SE was in the room though....

Regarding my trip to San Clemente, I'm leaving the house at noon and will stop by to hear the Aviors and Mira II :music: .

BTW, welcome to AA!

Dawgneck 06-09-2012 02:20 PM

On another note:

The break-in period for the 52SE is over and it sounds INCREDIBLE!!! I purchased the 600SE used but it wasn't used much and also benefited from additional play.

I've never heard the Energy Veritas 2.8 sound this beautiful!

I'm happy I decided to buy the BAT 600SE and 52SE. What an incredible sound!

I plan to upgrade the amp to a 655SE after I rebound from my future Loudspeaker and cable purchase.

chessman 06-09-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgneck (Post 321502)
On another note:

The break-in period for the 52SE is over and it sounds INCREDIBLE!!! I purchased the 600SE used but it wasn't used much and also benefited from additional play.

I've never heard the Energy Veritas 2.8 sound this beautiful!

I'm happy I decided to buy the BAT 600SE and 52SE. What an incredible sound!

I plan to upgrade the amp to a 655SE after I rebound from my future Loudspeaker and cable purchase.

Ray, I am really happy for you. The VK-52SE preamp and the VK-600SE amp are a terrific combo. I love being able to say "I told you so!" :banana:

chessman 06-09-2012 02:25 PM

Ray, if you make a field trip to hear Rockports, remember WE LOVE PICS! :)

joeinid 06-09-2012 02:33 PM

Ray,

Congratulations on the VK-52SE preamp and the VK-600SE amp. What a wonderful combo. Enjoy, and please keep up updated.

Dawgneck 06-09-2012 02:55 PM

Thanks, Randy.... You were right :yes: .

I'll post pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Joe, thanks for the kudos. Please enlighten us: How long have you owned the TAD CR-1's? Did you audition the Evolution? If so, what was you opinion?

joeinid 06-09-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgneck (Post 321517)
Thanks, Randy.... You were right :yes: .

I'll post pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Joe, thanks for the kudos. Please enlighten us: How long have you owned the TAD CR-1's? Did you audition the Evolution? If so, what was you opinion?

Hi Ray,

You are welcome. I love BAT gear as well.

I can't believe it, but it has been 3 months with the CR-1's. I never compared them to anything else TAD. I was obsessed with them and just focused on them. They are truly amazing. I think your BAT gear would be superb with them. The CR-1's are very revealing of upstream electronics and the warmth and musicality from the BAT 600SE and 52SE would prove to be a dynamite combination. Superb low volume listening and pin-point imaging but they do need room to breath even though they are a "small" speaker.

Dawgneck 06-09-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid (Post 321533)
Hi Ray,

You are welcome. I love BAT gear as well.

I can't believe it, but it has been 3 months with the CR-1's. I never compared them to anything else TAD. I was obsessed with them and just focused on them. They are truly amazing. I think your BAT gear would be superb with them. The CR-1's are very revealing of upstream electronics and the warmth and musicality from the BAT 600SE and 52SE would prove to be a dynamite combination. Superb low volume listening and pin-point imaging but they do need room to breath even though they are a "small" speaker.

Joe, I totally agree about the CR-1. I was blown away when I heard them the first time - and I was auditioning the Wilson Sophia III and the Sasha on the other side of the room. I really like them.

The TADs are at the top of my list, but I really want the Reference 1 and that's more than a "tad" out of my price range....

Anyway, off to hear the Rockport Aviors.

joeinid 06-09-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgneck (Post 321552)
Joe, I totally agree about the CR-1. I was blown away when I heard them the first time - and I was auditioning the Wilson Sophia III and the Sasha on the other side of the room. I really like them.

The TADs are at the top of my list, but I really want the Reference 1 and that's more than a "tad" out of my price range....

Anyway, off to hear the Rockport Aviors.

I think you will love them. I discovered their Mira Monitors after I bought the TADs and would have liked to hear them. Good luck. Let us know how you like the Aviors.

Dawgneck 06-11-2012 02:39 AM

I met Ken and listened to the Aviors yesterday.

Ken ran the Aviors with the BAT REX amp, REX preamp, Krell Cd player and Nordost cables.

The Aviors sound great! They're right at the top of my list, just below the large TAD reference and ahead of the Wilsons.

I'll start a new thread outlining my thoughts on the Rockport, but since this is a BAT thread, one word on the REX equipment....

WOW!

Just two loudspeaker auditions left before I make my decision :scratch2:

tom_hankins 06-23-2012 05:50 PM

New poster, long time BAT sound lover. listen to about 99% vinyl.
Currently using the
VK-P10 phono
REX preamp
REX amplifier
YG Acoustics Carmel speakers, w/2X JL audio F110 subs
Kubala and Audioquest cables. But prefer even the lower level Kubalas to the SKY ICs.

kwb 06-25-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom_hankins (Post 327719)
New poster, long time BAT sound lover. listen to about 99% vinyl.
Currently using the
VK-P10 phono
REX preamp
REX amplifier
YG Acoustics Carmel speakers, w/2X JL audio F110 subs
Kubala and Audioquest cables. But prefer even the lower level Kubalas to the SKY ICs.

Hi Tom, what table and cart do you have? How do you like the P10?

Ken

joeinid 06-25-2012 12:09 AM

Tom and Ken,

Welcome to the forums and to AA!

:welcome2.::pg2:

cmalak 06-25-2012 12:14 AM

Ray...I am a longtime Rockport fan :thumbsup: Let us know what you think of the Mira 2 and the Aviors :thumbsup:

tom_hankins 06-25-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwb (Post 328560)
Hi Tom, what table and cart do you have? How do you like the P10?

Ken

Right now using the SME V arm with Lyra Kleos cartridge and Michell Gyro SE MKII, and Kubala (sme din > XLR) phono cable. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new table but still cant decide between SME and Clearaudio.
Arm and cartridge will be around for a long time.
I like the VK-P10 alot. Probably one of the very few that prefer it over the P10se, that I used to own.

tom_hankins 06-25-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid (Post 328562)
Tom and Ken,

Welcome to the forums and to AA!

:welcome2.::pg2:

Thank You!

chessman 06-25-2012 01:55 PM

Tom and Ken, welcome aboard! :wave:

NoahG 06-25-2012 05:32 PM

VK-655SE for sale on Agon:

http://d1xw7fnq30zy05.cloudfront.net...ront_Panel.jpg

joeinid 06-25-2012 05:35 PM

Such a beast :)

cmalak 06-25-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom_hankins (Post 328644)
Right now using the SME V arm with Lyra Kleos cartridge and Michell Gyro SE MKII, and Kubala (sme din > XLR) phono cable. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new table but still cant decide between SME and Clearaudio.
Arm and cartridge will be around for a long time.
I like the VK-P10 alot. Probably one of the very few that prefer it over the P10se, that I used to own.

Tom...welcome to AA. I have followed your system evolution on Agon. At one point if I remember correctly you had the Thiel 7.2s and then you switched to Harbeths with Manley Snappers. It looks like now you are sporting a full BAT and YG Acoustics Carmel speakers, although if I remember correctly your VK-P10 has been around for a while :D Anyway, welcome to AA once again and hope you join us on a regular basis.

tom_hankins 06-26-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmalak (Post 329018)
Tom...welcome to AA. I have followed your system evolution on Agon. At one point if I remember correctly you had the Thiel 7.2s and then you switched to Harbeths with Manley Snappers. It looks like now you are sporting a full BAT and YG Acoustics Carmel speakers, although if I remember correctly your VK-P10 has been around for a while :D Anyway, welcome to AA once again and hope you join us on a regular basis.

I have had a BAT preamp 31se, 42se, REX, and a BAT phonostage P10se, and now P10 in my different systems for going on seven years now. Amps and speakers have come and gone. Also had the VK-D5 CDP until a couple months ago. I prefer the modified Esound I have.

bzr 06-26-2012 03:43 PM

Tom & Ken, :tiphat: :welcome2.:

joeinid 08-26-2012 12:18 PM

Randy and BAT VK-600SE owners,

Do I understand that the VK-600 has dual AC inputs for a totally separate power supplies? Do you guys use a dedicated circuit for each input?

Can anyone provide a photo of the back of the unit?

:naughty:

Ritmo 08-26-2012 02:52 PM

:lurk:

joeinid 08-26-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritmo
:lurk:

:)

;)

joeinid 08-26-2012 04:23 PM

:whistle:

chessman 08-26-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid
Randy and BAT VK-600SE owners,

Do I understand that the VK-600 has dual AC inputs for a totally separate power supplies? Do you guys use a dedicated circuit for each input?

Can anyone provide a photo of the back of the unit?

:naughty:

Joe,

The design is true dual mono, right down to two power cords. I do not have dedicated 20 amp lines, but that is on the list.

I will see what I can do about pics.

Randy

joeinid 08-26-2012 04:51 PM

I found one Randy. Thanks :)

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/...s/b705ea15.jpg