AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   JBL Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   How many JBL owners? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=891)

Vintage Pete 05-20-2009 12:53 PM

How many JBL owners?
 
Now that we have a forum for JBL (Thanks Ivan!), how many JBL owners do we have out there?

Let's hear from you...tell us which JBL's you have or have owned.

I presently own:

1 Pair L220A's (main system)
1 pair 4313B's (Florida Room system)
1 Pair 4401's (office system)

JBL Subs:

1 B460 (18" 2245H based) with BX63A Crossover (Main system)
1 2241-based (18") Sub with BX63 Crossover (Florida Room system)
1 PB10 powered Sub (office system)

Used to own:

1 pair L100A's (sold in 1982)
1 PB12 powered sub (sold this year)

Would like to own:

Project K2 S9900 :drool:


Pete

Masterlu 05-20-2009 01:07 PM

Pretty!

http://www.instablogsimages.com/imag...1_r4iDj_48.jpg

Vintage Pete 05-20-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 15696)

It sure is....they would look even prettier in my living room! :drool:

Pete

thisOne 05-20-2009 01:15 PM

Here is what I have...

JBL-L100

JBL 4312

and JBL 4647/2445J/3115A

I would like to have a pair of L300s (or the pro version of 4333s)

I supplement the above (specifically the JBL 4647 boxes) with with some Altec 8 cell horns

music to my ears...:music:

Vintage Pete 05-20-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisOne (Post 15700)
Here is what I have...

JBL-L100

JBL 4312

and JBL 4647/2445J/3115A

I would like to have a pair of L300s (or the pro version of 4333s)

I supplement the above (specifically the JBL 4647 boxes) with with some Altec 8 cell horns

music to my ears...:music:

That's a nice JBL portfolio!! :yes:

Yes the L300/4333 is a timeless JBL classic. I wouldn't mind having a pair of either either...if I only had the room!

Pete

thisOne 05-20-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Pete (Post 15701)
That's a nice JBL portfolio!! :yes:

Yes the L300/4333 is a timeless JBL classic. I wouldn't mind having a pair of either either...if I only had the room!

Pete


Thanks, I especially like my L100s. Mine are mint and in mint cabinets with orange Quadrex grilles (replacement made by a fellow selling these on e-bay). Some people don't hold these speakers in high regard and there are plenty of speakers that sound better but these are timeless, and big part of audio history. The speaker in the Maxell add (below) is an L100

http://www.leapinggnome.org/wp/wp-co.../01/maxell.jpg

Vintage Pete 05-20-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisOne (Post 15706)
Thanks, I especially like my L100s. Mine are mint and in mint cabinets with orange Quadrex grilles (replacement made by a fellow selling these on e-bay). Some people don't hold these speakers in high regard and there are plenty of speakers that sound better but these are timeless, and big part of audio history. The speaker in the Maxell add (below) is an L100

Oh yes, this ad is iconic. They can bash the L100 all they want, it's still a classic and was a very successful speaker. I still find myself kind of wishing I still had mine...but I had to selll them to buy my L220's.

The guy that bought them still has them, though a few years ago he sold me back my JBL speaker stands. I use them for my 4313B's.

Pete

jdandy 05-20-2009 03:09 PM

9 Attachment(s)
I'm a big JBL supporter, too. Here's what's around my home and studio.

1 pair - JBL 4312A
1 pair - JBL Control 5
1 pair - JBL Pro 1
1 pair - JBL EON10 G2 - powered
1 pair - JBL LSR6332
5 - JBL LSR6328P - powered
1 - JBL 6312SP - powered sub

The JBL 4312A's are in my vintage system, driven by a McIntosh MA5100 integrated amp. The JBL Control 5's are the surround speakers in my HT setup. The JBL Pro1's are outside on the deck under my house driven by the Sonos ZP120 amp. The JBL EON10 G2's are powered speakers with 120 watt amps on the woofers, and 50 watt amps on the tweeters, and are connected to my Roland Fantom X6 keyboard. The JBL LSR6332 speakers are from the JBL professional line, and I use them in my studio as monitors, driven by a Crown K1 amp in the control room, or connected to the McIntosh studio system. The JBL LSR6328P's are JBL professional line powered speakers with 250 watt amps on the woofers, 120 watt amps on the tweeters, plus Room Mode Correction, and they are used in the control room at the console and center and surrounds in the home theater. The JBL 6312SP powered subwoofer is from the JBL professional line, with a 250 watt amp, Room Mode Correction, plus input/output options, and is used in the Studio for monitoring, and is also used with the McIntosh studio system.


Dan

Masterlu 05-20-2009 03:11 PM

Do your PMC's know you are cheating on them? :nono:

Masterlu 05-20-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 15714)
Do your PMC's know you are cheating on them? :nono:

Very nice collection Dan! :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2018 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.