AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Lamm (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   From LAMM ML2s to LAMM ML2,2s (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=28532)

Smp 10-03-2014 08:58 PM

From LAMM ML2s to LAMM ML2,2s

After experiencing how the LP2.1 Deluxe has taken my listening to vinyl to another level, I began to think about taking the opportunity to move from my ML2s to ML2.2s.......a new pair has become available to me at a manageable price and I could still hold onto my ML 2s. I have never heard ML2.1s or ML2.2s and it would be a leap of faith for me to make the move, although I have never been disappointed by a LAMM product before (I am not able to listen to the ML2.2s prior to purchase).

Surprisingly, I have never seen any commentary from those who who have followed this path, although from what I have read in the few reviews I believe that I could expect a very noticeable gain.............I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has followed this path as to what would be in store for me.

Many thanks.

tima 10-04-2014 11:15 PM

There's a nice ML2.2 review on The Audio Beat. The Lamm sound is magical.

Smp 10-05-2014 01:45 AM

Thanks tima, I have indeed read the three reviews on LAMM's site and am waiting for Peter Breuniger's to be posted shortly.I hope, and certainly I believe that my decision to proceed will clearly be the right one bearing in mind my many years of experience with the ML2s, LL2D and L2R. However, I am hoping there would be someone out there who had actually experienced, first hand the sonic gains by moving from ML2s to ML2.2s.

Anyway, the order is in and I will know in eight to ten days time.

thesaint519 10-02-2015 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smp (Post 642220)
Thanks tima, I have indeed read the three reviews on LAMM's site and am waiting for Peter Breuniger's to be posted shortly.I hope, and certainly I believe that my decision to proceed will clearly be the right one bearing in mind my many years of experience with the ML2s, LL2D and L2R. However, I am hoping there would be someone out there who had actually experienced, first hand the sonic gains by moving from ML2s to ML2.2s. Anyway, the order is in and I will know in eight to ten days time.

So, did you ever make the jump?

Smp 10-03-2015 01:54 AM

Yes, see post #3 above.

thesaint519 10-03-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smp (Post 730625)
Yes, see post #3 above.

Congrats! Can't wait to hear your impressions.

analog brother 10-09-2015 08:56 PM

yes, i am waiting too!

pweg 11-27-2016 12:02 AM

Smp. It's been a couple of months. How are u going with the new amps?

pweg 11-27-2016 12:03 AM

Lol.

Just realised, it's has been a year and a couple of months.

Smp 11-27-2016 10:42 AM

Yes, a couple of years actually and no regrets whatsoever.............certainly worth the reasonable cost of the changeover. I wouldn't wish to trail off into long descriptive texts. Suffice it to say that the music is just that much more enjoyable to listen to...........in my system the initially most noticible change was in the bottom end - the other improvements seemed to creep up on me and their impact to my listening was not insignificant after a few days. Interestingly, my 17 year old ML2s (which were in perfect nick operationally/cosmetically) were in no way embarrassed by the ML2.2s and with new valves were still magnificent............their new owner certainly seems very pleased.