AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PS Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2nd PPP Is On The Way (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=479)

jdandy 04-23-2009 09:33 PM

2nd PPP Is On The Way

I was polite, and waited until every single new PPP from Ivan's most recent Power Plant Premier order was spoken for by those who wanted one right now. Actually, that took less than 24 hours for his most recent shipment to be snapped up. I didn't want anyone to be mad at me for being a PPP hog. :D So now I don't feel guilty buying another one, and that is what I did earlier today. Of course I have to wait for the next order, but I'm number one off the top of the stack when the new shipment of Power Plant Premiers show up.

Howard's experiment yesterday, about trying his amps without the PPP, and then with the PPP, spurred me to do the same experiment. My skepticism vanished as soon as the first track of the first CD was played. That's all it took for me to make up my mind that I needed a second PPP in my main system. OK, maybe NEED is a little strong, since the amps are working perfectly right now plugged into the one PPP I already own, but I WANT to power my two MC501s from their own dedicated 20 amp circuit, and in order to do that I MUST have a second Power Plant Premier. So there you have it. Number two is on the way. I know it is more regenerated power than I need, but we all agree on this, MORE POWER is a good thing. :yes:

PHC1 04-23-2009 09:46 PM

They say "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" but what about "clean power"? :D Wise decision Dan. :yes:

Masterlu 04-23-2009 10:30 PM

PPP's #2 thru #10 will be going in this weekend. These will take care of my front L&R amps.

In depth review to follow...

jdandy 04-23-2009 10:32 PM

Man.....Talk about being upstaged! :thumbsup:

Masterlu 04-23-2009 10:34 PM

Stack
Rack
Pack

This is going to be fun. One of these days my big cabinet is going to implode from all the weight. :lmao:

Still-One 04-23-2009 10:35 PM

Okay Dan, now that you have ordered #2, have you decided what are going to do with your equipment? We do not want a Leaning Tower in Florida?

-E- 04-23-2009 10:35 PM

Yeah... Hey, Dan, why not just daisy chain them on a single 20a circuit? Let us know if either way (separate circuit for each ppp and amps separated vs daisy chained on one circuit) on which is better...

-E- 04-23-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 7664)
Stack
Rack
Pack

This is going to be fun. One of these days my big cabinet is going to implode from all the weight. :lmao:

Stack
Rack
Pack
Motrin
Stack
Rack
Pack
Beer

Repeat...

jdandy 04-23-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vesuvius (Post 7667)
Stack
Rack
Pack
Motrin
Stack
Rack
Pack
Beer

Repeat...

Vesuvius.......I think you have a RAP hit on your hands. :D

jdandy 04-23-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillone (Post 7665)
Okay Dan, now that you have ordered #2, have you decided what are going to do with your equipment? We do not want a Leaning Tower in Florida?

Jim.......I have had the tape measure out, trying to come up with a solution, even if temporary, that will be aesthetically pleasing without building the Trump Tower. I think I will remove the MR85 tuner from the system until I can come up with a better equipment cabinet design for that wall space. I would not stack one PPP on top of another for ventilation reasons.