AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Hometown Section (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Meet in Binghamton? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=33360)

crwilli 10-18-2015 10:06 AM

I am putting out feelers for those interested in meeting in Binghamton. This idea has started within another thread where a few of us fellow AA'ers learned we all grew up in or very near to Binghamton. We started to reminisce and well, why not get together and do it in person? So here goes!

Basics are : Arrive Thursday evening. Friday visit to McIntosh factory (to be confirmed!!!!). Friday PM and or Sat AM visit to Audio Classics. In and around these events, there would be a few meals of Speidies and assorted beverages, sharp conversation and fun.

Lots of details to develop and no time has been set. Who would be interested and what ideas do you have?

Craig (Binghamton Central Bulldog Class of '75)

scirica 10-18-2015 10:39 AM

You guys should definitely do this! Hope it happens and we get a great report back. Good luck!

jbaudio68 10-18-2015 11:39 AM

I'd give it the old college try (in spring or summer that is;)!

Vintage Pete 10-18-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 734130)
I am putting out feelers for those interested in meeting in Binghamton. This idea has started within another thread where a few of us fellow AA'ers learned we all grew up in or very near to Binghamton. We started to reminisce and well, why not get together and do it in person? So here goes!

Basics are : Arrive Thursday evening. Friday visit to McIntosh factory (to be confirmed!!!!). Friday PM and or Sat AM visit to Audio Classics. In and around these events, there would be a few meals of Speidies and assorted beverages, sharp conversation and fun.

Lots of details to develop and no time has been set. Who would be interested and what ideas do you have?

Craig (Binghamton Central Bulldog Class of '75)

I grew up in the Binghamton area as well...(Vestal Central High class of '77). Toured the Mc plant three times, with the last tour being in 2007. I'm due for a visit, I'm thinking next summer perhaps. Keep me posted on details...you never know... :scratch2:

62caddy 10-18-2015 02:12 PM

Count me in.

Joe 10-18-2015 05:11 PM

Count me in!!!!
I live close to the Labs here in Bingo town.
I'll be available at any/all times!
Also, I can provide logistical/local transport assistance!
Joe

crwilli 10-18-2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Pete (Post 734168)
I grew up in the Binghamton area as well...(Vestal Central High class of '77). Toured the Mc plant three times, with the last tour being in 2007. I'm due for a visit, I'm thinking next summer perhaps. Keep me posted on details...you never know... :scratch2:

Damn Pete! I thought you were older than I was. ;)

We have 5 interested so far and it is looking like a springtime event - which for the Triple Cities means May...

Outstanding!

Vintage Pete 10-18-2015 06:24 PM

Oh man, there is no way I can miss this...:scratch2:

edkoz 10-18-2015 07:10 PM

I would be interested as well. I have never made the Mcintosh tour. The spring time sounds great so count me in
Ed

crwilli 10-18-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edkoz (Post 734270)
I would be interested as well. I have never made the Mcintosh tour. The spring time sounds great so count me in Ed

Subscribe right here!!!