AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Technical Info & Troubleshooting (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   JRiver Media Center Settings and Tips Section (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=25569)

djwhog 03-01-2014 02:23 AM

JRiver Media Center Settings and Tips Section

OK I would like this section to include information on settings, features remote access, drivers for DACS, and server configuration etc.

1 Maybe we can include a quick setup section
2 Detailed settings and best practices
3 Misc Options and features
4 Advanced networking Music Server setup
5 And those hard to find undocumented tweaks as well
6 Section to post JRiver Media Center bench mark scores

I realize most all of this information is in the online help section, but for many including me it is a HUGE list to go through.

We may also include preferred settings, drivers etc for the DACS many of us use, well at least the popular ones.

I will try and get some time to add to to this what I have learned about the JRiver Media Center and the IOS and other remote apps as well.

Lastly why even use this application some may ask, ther are others. Well I have sound it to be sych a stable better application, feature rich yes, lot of settings to tweak yes. But is is really tailored quite nice for use Audioplile type that LOVE this stuff! :)

Media Center has the leading engine for audiophile use. All data paths within the program (beginning with MC15.0.101) are 64 bit. Support for lossless formats includes APE, FLAC, Windows Media Lossless, and Apple Lossless. (WAV files can also be used, but the output is identical to any lossless format, so we recommend using lossless compression.)
Output via Direct Sound, Wave Out, ASIO, or WASAPI (Vista and above).
MC also supports DirectShow.
MC's DSP Studio in Playback Options allows re-sampling at 48Khz, 96Khz, and above.
Other audiophile credentials of the JRiver audio engine include:
  • First to embrace lossless compression. Matt Ashland, J. River's CTO, is also the author of Monkey's Audio (APE).
  • First to use a high precision floating point data chain for all audio
  • First to support gapless and cross-fading playback
  • First to implement the Replay Gain standard (a high-quality system to provide playback of varying tracks at the same volume)
  • First to natively support ASIO (a quality-orientated way to talk to a soundcard)
  • Full support of LAME gapless information
  • Inclusion of high quality DSP filters, like the highest quality resampler available

Happy streaming all :thumbsup:

Masterlu 03-01-2014 08:59 AM

Dave... I'll make it a Sticky :ok:

djwhog 03-01-2014 10:25 AM

OK sounds Great so as far as hardware goes I would like to offer a few tips on settings on machines etc to help folks make sure that the laptops and or desktop PCs are running a little faster. of course faster CPU's, more ram, bigger and faster speed hard drives with larger cache memory and SSD and or raid drives are a huge plus.

But here is a lit of things to tweak. But before we start create a new custom restore point to save your settings, just in case a mistake is made and you need to go back.

1 Make sure you right click on the Computer icon on win7 or go to control panel and all items.

Starting Tip, if you have not already you may want to go to your user icon and turn off all that UAC junk of Windows asking you everything you do are you sure before we begin.

A) Select System, click next on Advanced System Settings, on the remote access tab un-check allow remote.

B) Now click on the advanced Tab and then select the performance button. At a minimum turn off all the fade and animation, but for best performance select the radio button for Adjust for best performance, Next click on the Advanced tab and then the Change button for Virtual memory. This is a place almost nobody tweaks and if overs a most bang for the buck. Un-check Automatically manage and select custom. If you only have a single hard drive this applies. You will see a recommended starting amount, if you had this setting set to custom and you added ram you need to go back and reconfig since the registry in Windows needs to be told the new swap size. I try to go at or slightly above the starting point Windows is asking for, then double it on the Maximum field. NOTE make sure your hard drive has plenty of free space. Any drive at 80% full get degraded in a hurry and this will eat more space.

If you have a real 2nd hard drive not a partition on the 1st drive repeat this process on the 2nd drive. it will boost the system's performance. Save these settings and it should ask for a restart in most cases.

2 Back into the control panel display all items

A) Make sure power is set to High Performance and never sleep, next go the advanced tab and look at the hard drive sleep settings, the default is 20 minutes, click back towards 0 and it will say never, no save and save and back to the Control Panel.

B) Now we should go into the Sync Center and disable offline Folders, this is HUGE in terms of disc IO use. So get it off and it will ask for a restart, you can say later.

C) Now we can go back to the System icon on Control panel and open it then select Device manager. On the USB section expand it all and you should go to each and every USB HUB and on the power management tab disable them all so that uisb runs at max speed and wont sleep. , I also like to to the same for the Network card(s) as well.

I could care less about saving 30 cents of power, I want all I can squeeze from the machine. :)

There are 100s of more tips and tweaks I can give you but a few things to look at are:

Right click on the computer icon in the start menu or on the desktop and select Manage. On the left you will see Sceduled Task, A lot of spyware gets in this place to run at times I find these days, and then there is all the Adobe, and Google auto check junk, get rid of it on a music machine. You can always do this when you want to.

And last tip for now, go to the services and turn off and set to Disable all services that are not a neccisity sucjh as Adobe Flash, Adobe Acorbat, Goggle Updater etc. Also I Disable remote registry too. This is most times only on win7 PRO systems.

I highly recommend that you machine is Windows 64 PRO not 32 bit and you run 8 gigs + of ram, 4-6 is OK but the Media Center really sings at 8+ with at least an i3 and above cpu or modern quad and above AMD CPU. Make sure a modern 7200 rpm hard drive with a large cache memory is the drive type too.

I do seem that the new version 19 with the play from ram is a great feature for the high-end machines 8 gigs + ram. This will also cut down on Media Center accessing the drive.

See hard drives are MS Milli seconds in terms of speed.
Ram is NS Nano seconds 1 Billionth compared to 1 Millionth of a second and of course there are many speeds and type of ram too.
So we want to minimize drive IO as much as possible with Jriver. So that means turning stuff off not needed for a music machine and making JRiver the Boss and main app of focus

Personally if you have a high-end laptop or a desktop have a drive or raid drives for the Operating system, and install media player and all you music on the 2nd drive or a 2nd raid set.

The whole point it to diminish hard drive IO and read writes to the drive. When you increase the swap file in the above step you are setting aside a larger foot printer for the OS, drivers, apps etc to be able to write to the slower hard drive memory space when it needs to page after ram is full.

After you make all these changes you should run a 3rd party tools like CC Cleaner and or the disc cleanup util too after CC Cleaner to remove most all temp trash files etc. There are about 11 places that are hidden to remove the temp, misc temp, trash bad files etc. But it is to risky to try and detail all this in this topic without hands on training and you could hurt the machine if you delete the wrong items.

After you have done all you tweaks, restarts and cleanup now defrag the drive or drives and then restart and now grab a favorite beverage and lets stream some great tunes that that high-end gear.

As you keep adding to the database of music make sure you defrag on a regular basis and above all else.

BACKUP TO AN EXTERNAL DRIVE EVERYTHING :yes:

Enjoy :thumbsup:

jameslrock 03-01-2014 10:32 AM

The main reason I chose Audirvana Plus over JRiver Media Center is I did not want to be forced to go through the steep learning curve for the JRiver. I will follow this thread often to learn how to set up JRiver and may make the switch. How about a JRiver primer of how to tweak for initial set up that will provide 90% plus of the sound quality improvements and when the user becomes more knowledgable and inquisitive they can then tweak further. Also how to assimilate the user's music library. Sort of an on-line course?

Pider 03-01-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameslrock (Post 585375)
The main reason I chose Audirvana Plus over JRiver Media Center is I did not want to be forced to go through the steep learning curve for the JRiver. I will follow this thread often to learn how to set up JRiver and may make the switch. How about a JRiver primer of how to tweak for initial set up that will provide 90% plus of the sound quality improvements and when the user becomes more knowledgable and inquisitive they can then tweak further. Also how to assimilate the user's music library. Sort of an on-line course?

I'll pitch in here later tonight. Still trying to get through a zzzzzzzz off site Board meeting, which ends this afternoon.

jameslrock 03-01-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pider (Post 585378)
I'll pitch in here later tonight. Still trying to get through a zzzzzzzz off site Board meeting, which ends this afternoon.

JRiver for Dummies :confused-18:

j3brow 03-01-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameslrock (Post 585375)

I suppose you are running JRiver on a Mac since you mentioned A+. JRMC19 was an absolute breeze to install and set up on my Mac mini. Dumped 1.87 TB into database. Every album art displayed, JRemote controlling via iPad. It was intuitive to set up with little internet guidance and poking around, few clicks here and there. My only misstep was changing the skin which caused digital clicks when playing certain files (and even then I was given and ignored JRiver's warning that the skin was incapable with my system). Changed skin to something else, all is good. The JRemote/JRMC UI is top notch and really unbelievable for the nominal grand total of $60. I was using Pure Music previously. The iPad app sold me on JRiver. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in and try it out. They allow a free two week trial period.

redm 03-01-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 585382)
The iPad app sold me on JRiver. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in and try it out. They allow a free two week trial period.

Apple provides a free iPad app to control iTunes which has more functionality than jRemote. I mainly stopped using it because Pure Music was making iTunes sluggish and unresponsive.

redm 03-01-2014 11:58 AM

Is anyone using JRiver as a DLNA media server and can comment on the settings you've found to work best? I've been tinkering with the output format between converting to 24-bit PCM in JRiver and high bandwidth MP3. The 24-Bit PCM seems to sound better than the high bandwidth MP3 but the volume levels are different (with PCM being considerably louder). (The volume being louder is going to make it sound better)

If anyone out there is using jRiver as a DLNA server (especially with a PWD) I'd love to see your configuration.

jimtranr 03-01-2014 01:51 PM

That's a great start, Dave, and a big help, particularly since my give-JRiver-a-try-on-my-home-office-system experience has convinced me to add a dedicated music server to the main system. Thanks.

jameslrock 03-01-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 585382)
I suppose you are running JRiver on a Mac since you mentioned A+. JRMC19 was an absolute breeze to install and set up on my Mac mini. Dumped 1.87 TB into database. Every album art displayed, JRemote controlling via iPad. It was intuitive to set up with little internet guidance and poking around, few clicks here and there. My only misstep was changing the skin which caused digital clicks when playing certain files (and even then I was given and ignored JRiver's warning that the skin was incapable with my system). Changed skin to something else, all is good. The JRemote/JRMC UI is top notch and really unbelievable for the nominal grand total of $60. I was using Pure Music previously. The iPad app sold me on JRiver. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in and try it out. They allow a free two week trial period.

Yes a Macbook Pro with Intel I7 processor 16GB DDR3 500 GB HD. Run Audirvana Plus through WW Silver Starlight USB to Esoteric K-03. I will keep up with this thread and give it a try soon.

coxhaus 03-02-2014 02:30 AM

A couple of things I have found for my dedicated music server running JRiver. I would try the 3 different streaming methods kernel streaming, ASIO streaming and WASAPI streaming. I found kernel streaming sounds the best with my AMR777 DAC. I started with 8 gig and dropped down to 4 gig. I never used the extra memory as my server only plays music and has no other function. Another thing to test is playback from memory. I preferred not use playback from memory. It seemed like on delicate passages the music seemed more mechanical and lacked emotion when using memory playback. So I would test and decide for yourself.
I actually run Windows server 2012 with AudioPhil Optimizer on a home built server motherboard. It seems better than my old Windows 64 pro version.

djwhog 03-02-2014 09:43 AM

Hot Keys and Use

1 Attachment(s)
OK I would suggest reading most all you can about JRiver Media Center and download the trial and play with it. An of course make sure you pay for and register this great application. The developers of apps like this put countless 10000s of hours to make it happen and they need to be compensated not only for the efforts and great product they developed, but to also allow them to make future improvements too :yes:

I feel this is the most bang for the dollar I have EVER!

I have offered some suggested settings to help in making your computer if is going to be a media type server more performance oriented for music use.

All this said, let me over one word of advice for everything if you adhere to making changes to the application and or your machine and hardware.

ONE CHANGE AT
a time ONLY. That is the only sure way to gauge the change to verify that the change=benefit.

OK onto the Hot Keys and features that help you drive this app with out using only a mouse.

A feature I like to use to get around and operate this application is the use of Hot Keys. You can even make your custom ones too. Just like on your computer. Hot Keys take you to a whole new level of loving an application and making you a PRO at navigation.

I took their documentation removed the hyper links and created a PDF attachment.

Keyboard Hot-keys

Media Center provides a number of keyboard shortcuts (hot-keys, accelerators) to facilitate operations. In addition to Media Center-specific shortcuts, standard Windows Alt key menu navigation/accelerator keys are available and readily discoverable by holding down the Alt key, and taking note of the underlined letter in the menus and sub-menus.

Several keyboard shortcuts depend on the context, and will be described multiple times in the tables below. For example, Enter may initiate playback of the selected items, or pause video. Page Up may move the selection to the top of the list of visible items, or reset image playback to the first item.

Most shortcuts are valid only when Media Center is the foreground application. Some, marked as (Global), function even when Media Center is running in the background.

Media Center also supports user-defined keyboard shortcuts.

djwhog 03-02-2014 10:26 AM

Getting Started

1 Attachment(s)
I have attached a PDF on the Audio Output Modes use and settings configuration documents that go into the details. if you have a specific dac driver, setup of configuration setup question please post it and a member here on the board will address most likely the settings and configuration best practices and use of that specific hardware.The following post will have attachments for DAC, WASPI and other advanced use topics and settings help. :)

Getting Started

Overview

This topic is intended to give you an introduction to JRiver Media Center and how to use it.
If you're completely new to digital media, you may also find our Digital Media topic useful. It provides an introduction and suggest ways you can learn more.
Import

MC uses an internal database (library) to keep track of your files and to speed up access to them. It doesn't matter where the files are stored but MC needs to locate them and analyze them once in order to build the library. This can be automatic or manual. You can set which folders to watch or exclude and which file types to import. See Import.
Your machine will be busy during import, so things may seem a little slow. This will change when the import finishes.
Audio

Under Tools/Options/Audio, you can set the sound device you wish to use, the Audio Output Modes, and other options. Start with DirectSound, but once that's working well, consider switching to ASIO or WASAPI for better quality. For more details, please see Audio Playback Options.
If you use a USB DAC (Digital Analog Convertor), please visit the wiki topic on DAC Settings.
Video

MC uses Red October, JRiver's DirectShow management system to automatically download, install and configure the DirectShow filters you need. Under Tools/Options/Video, choose Red October Standard. Once you're sure that works well, you can try Red October HQ. ROHQ requires a fairly powerful PC.
Television

MC can record OTA (Over The Air) signals and clear channels from cable. Please read the Television topic here. You will need to install a TV tuner or connect to a Set Top Box (cable) and select it in MC. Then scan for channels and set up an EPG (Electronic Program Guide).
Views and Skins

MC will normally start in Standard View, which lets you use a "tree" to select and play files. Theater View is a "10 foot" mode, suitable for viewing from across the room and often used with a remote. A Mini View frees up desk space. Switch among these with ctrl-1 to ctrl-5 or by using the "View" menu, where you can also change the "skin" (appearance). More skins are available on the "Accessories" link below or on the Third Party board on Interact (JRiver's forum). Under Tools/Options/Startup, you can set MC to start in any view, and to start automatically when Windows boots.

djwhog 03-02-2014 10:36 AM

ASIO and WASPI

1 Attachment(s)
Most all of the AA users I have spoke with i think are using WASPI drivers for their machines as opposed to ASIO. I have WASPI attachment on this post.

WASAPI stands for Windows Audio Session API.

ASIO

ASIO is a method of directing unmodified sound data to a sound card. The sound card must have a driver capable of accepting ASIO output.
For Vista and above, you may also consider using WASAPI.
ASIO4ALL is a publicly available driver that accepts ASIO output and converts it to Kernel Streaming.
MC playback options must be set to use ASIO.
Here's a thread that may help.
If you experience stuttering problems with ASIO, try changing this setting (introduced in 14.0.48):
  • NEW: Added new ASIO option 'Use large hardware buffers (recommended to prevent stutter)' that uses the maximum hardware buffer size instead of the default buffer size, which should help alleviate any stuttering issues. (smaller buffers are only desirable in latency sensitive applications like synthesizers)

djwhog 03-02-2014 10:58 AM

Audio Setup and advanced audio configuration guide

1 Attachment(s)
This topic is an overview with some advanced details on the setup of you machine's sound card device and the Audio Setup in the Media Center.

I have found that on the sound card on several machines I have worked with you need to disable by un-checking the add on features under the:
In Control Panel > Sound > Enhancements Tab.

Also if you have those type of machines with built in nice higher end computer type cards or a top line creative labs, turtle beach or other card with features such as dts, dolby, and wma etc. , I have found that disabling them in the computers start-up or in most cases under Services in Windows will be a best practice to eliminate shuttering, stutters, clipping etc.

The goal is to give the DAC to WASPI drive complete and total control of the hardware to driver.

The attached pdf will go into more detail about testing and setup for supported output modes of your card to test on your computer and there is also a pretty good overview of the media Center Audio Setup features such as speaker selection format, effects, leveling, EQ and other tweaks.

I think most of us so called purist use about none of these. I use 2 Ch Stereo only and no change on the Sample rates. Even though I have 2 sub woofers I let my MX150 control that via the K03 and do allow Media Center to get in the middle of that.

Don't over look clipping protection and Bitdepth settings. :thumbsup:

A few other advanced things to look at:

Check the box - Open device for exclusive access.
Check the box - Disable event style (required by older hardware).

A tip from me and my experience on several builds.

Also on my laptop I opened the volume mixer and made the spdif the default not the speakers for the audio card, and then you right click on spdif go to its properties and I disabled dts, dolby, and wma pro audio, set volume to max per jriver docs selected all sample rates. :music:

djwhog 03-02-2014 11:25 AM

Audio Connection Type

1 Attachment(s)
It is reccomended that you select 'Bitstreaming' as the connection type to use an external decoder when possible.

djwhog 03-02-2014 11:29 AM

DAC Settings and DNLA

I will attach information and some help on this topics. This is getting into the dirt of the fine tuning now at last.

Sure is a lot to know and work with with any advanced tool and application such as Media Player :yes:

djwhog 03-02-2014 12:39 PM

DLNA Introduction

1 Attachment(s)
Attached should be most of the details on how to get around the configuration settings and several issues when streaming via the network wired or wireless to other devices such as an Ipad for example.

Some of these settings also are required tweaks for the use of your remote apps if the media from you computer is going to be streamed out to other devices over the network.

A few of these settings may apply from remote apps in the media player for internal control, but in most cases you should not play DLNA to your audio gear through the DAC unless you prefer degraded sound. :smoking:

djwhog 03-02-2014 01:07 PM

DAC Settings

1 Attachment(s)
OK here is the more than basic detail for the DAC section. This is the detail on the how to of options, tools and adjustments to work with on your DAC settings. This is getting more into not only the connection, but proper fine tuning.

All this said, each machine like my K03 has it's own base settings and specifics to those settings that apply. This attachment helps you to navigate through the depths of DAC tuning.

I am sure as Dan, -E-, and many others have helped me, that others may offer help for your specific DAC driver, settings and adjustments for best in class sound.

All this stuff matters, but you can not get even in the same league of sound with a typical Belkin, Rosewell or other cheapo USB cable. Those are made for printing, etc. NOT streaming high-end audio. :music:

You can rip your own data files to various formats and it is only as good as the source and to get the most out of the streaming you need to purchase high-end audio track hi-rez downloads. I only use the typical MP3 amazon auto-rip stuff in the garage or back ground in the truck for listening.

If for me a album is redbook or sacd only and I want it in Media Player I reip it to a flac file and import into the database. I am becoming more of a convert now that I think the audio players, DACS and media are getting to the level of audiophile grade. I have never been an itunes, MP3 run of the mill kinda person. I prefer the source to be as good as I can find, and now i think there is a player that can link the good source to the hardware IMOP.

I am sure that there is more to follow, but I would like to thank so many of you folks on the board for all the help. I am still a SACD/Redbook audio guy maybe 50% of the time. Vinyl 20% and up to 25% for streaming. The other 5% radio etc...

One final thought. If you are just getting started even after reading these piles of documents, I would suggest you do yourself a HUGE favor and upgrade to at least a Wire World Silver USB cable to connect your Computer to your DAC. :yes:

I got my from Ivan, that was by far the biggest step in achieving Audiophile quality streamed sound from my computer. Platimum is most likely in the future for me.

enjoy everyone :)

jimtranr 03-02-2014 04:44 PM

Thanks, Dave. It's a big help to be able to have all that setup and operation info in a convenient, easily accessible format.

djwhog 03-02-2014 07:33 PM

You are very welcome..

djwhog 03-20-2014 11:13 PM

A few tips from the makers:

Overlooked Features

For cover art or other images, MC for Windows has a simple photo editor. Select any image, right click and choose "Edit image" to begin. You can crop, rotate, etc. Old faded color photos can be improved by using "Adjust". Out of focus pictures may benefit from "Sharpen". "Heal" lets you repair minor defects. When you save your work, MC won't overwrite your original unless you tell it to. It saves a "version" (changes only) so you can always return to an earlier version and start over. The best way to learn is to try it on an image you don't care about.

That brings up MC's ability to capture a screenshot. On the desktop, you can copy an image to the clipboard. Use your keyboard's Print Screen key to copy the whole desktop image to the clipboard. Or use Alt and Print Screen keys to copy the window in focus. In MC, open Camera in the lower left corner, and select Copy from Clipboard, then Acquire.

Did you also know:

JRiver's Downloader has been used by HDtracks customers for about a year. Now Acoustic Sounds also offers it. Both are leaders in the delivery of High Resolution audio. HDtracks is in MC's tree under Services.

erniejade 06-04-2014 02:29 PM

I have jriver and a w4s dac2 running flac ripped from Jriver. I could never get it to sound quite as good as a redbook cd playing through the w4s dac2. I am going to try the things you listed in here.

I guess step 1, get rid of XP and put 7 on it!.

Thank you for making this thread!

-E- 06-04-2014 02:43 PM

Win7 = yes.
Also never use JRiver as a ripping app - it is no bueno in that regard (it is a database utility with superb playback capability)

John49 06-05-2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -E- (Post 612583)
Win7 = yes. Also never use JRiver as a ripping app - it is no bueno in that regard (it is a database utility with superb playback capability)

Recommended ripping app?

-E- 06-05-2014 01:37 PM

Exact Audio Copy (when properly configured).

Kal Rubinson 06-05-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John49 (Post 612764)
Recommended ripping app?

dbPowerAmp for CDs, DVD-Audio Extractor for DVDs.....................and you know what for SACDs.

John49 06-06-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -E- (Post 612863)
Exact Audio Copy (when properly configured).

I had a 'play' with this some years ago. Decent results, but I have no idea if it was properly configured. It must have changed (improved?) a lot since then.

JCR 06-06-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson (Post 612989)
dbPowerAmp for CDs, DVD-Audio Extractor for DVDs.....................and you know what for SACDs.

What is the way to do SACD again? I am not familiar with that one. All I remember is of a possible workaround with an old version of the PS3 which allowed one to rip the DSD portion of an SACD.

Is this still possible? Anyone know what is needed or how to source what ever is needed?

-E- 06-06-2014 01:36 PM

Yes; Gen1 PS3 with no modified firmware.

You can find them on eBay for a small fortune.

eljr 12-02-2015 08:25 AM

How do you organize Classical music in JRiver?

Can sub genre be set to sort by?

Example: Classical>Opera.

W9TR 12-20-2015 08:49 AM

Dave,
Thanks for pulling all this great info together. This will help a lot.

I'm running JRiver on my main PC set up as a media server where all the audio is stored, then using a separate SurfacePro 3 as a renderer. I'm using a WW Platinum 1M USB cable feeding into the MCD-1100. Great cable. The SurfacePro is the i7 version with 8G of RAM and 512G of SSD so it should have plenty of horsepower and I can optimize it for audio only use. I'm also using the JRemote App on an iPad.

So far everything is working pretty well and this setup sounds better than the W4S modded Sonos Connect I was using before.

I have a system stability issue, sometimes the ASIO driver locks up, but that is about it. I'm finally off work and not traveling, so I have some time to tweak the setup.

Thanks again,

Tom

Yamaki 12-20-2015 12:53 PM

I run JRiver on my music server, a C.A.P.S V3 build called a ZUMA.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium and the server feeds music to my McIntosh D100.

When it is running the D100 displays 32/192 all the time. It never varies although the file properties do.

Is this a setting in JRiver or is it in the D100?

scirica 12-20-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamaki (Post 748056)
I run JRiver on my music server, a C.A.P.S V3 build called a ZUMA. Running Windows 7 Home Premium and the server feeds music to my McIntosh D100. When it is running the D100 displays 32/192 all the time. It never varies although the file properties do. Is this a setting in JRiver or is it in the D100?

What does JRiver display? And how are you set up in DSP studio for audio resolutions?

Oscar 10-21-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -E- (Post 612583)
Win7 = yes.
Also never use JRiver as a ripping app - it is no bueno in that regard

Why? Seems fine to me.:confused: