AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Acoustical Treatments (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Panel Color? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43142)

SAPHANA 06-08-2018 09:30 PM

Panel Color?

1 Attachment(s)
I’ve decided to go with GIK panels and bass traps for my media room, but am struggling with which color to pick.

The room is in dark green color, and below is the color options from GIK:

I am thinking of black. Suggestions?

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...3&d=1528507765

Attachment 55553

jdandy 06-08-2018 10:22 PM

Han.......Burgundy or Coffee are most appealing to me.

Cohibaman 06-08-2018 10:39 PM

Panel Color?

Are you conservative or flashy? It really comes down to your style.

For me it’s a matter of making them blend in rather than stand out (some would argue go with a color that stands out or accents something in the room). Based on green walls, I’d choose black, coffee, or hunter green.

But then again, I can imagine myself walking into a room and seeing the red on green and thinking, damn, I never would have done that but it works!

I suggest getting a roll of wrapping paper in the colors you think you might like and taping a sheet of it to your wall to get an idea of what works and what doesn’t.

SAPHANA 06-08-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 918141)
Han.......Burgundy or Coffee are most appealing to me.

Thanks Dan. My wife prefers coffee and green, and I like black and burgundy...

SAPHANA 06-08-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cohibaman (Post 918145)
Are you conservative or flashy? It really comes down to your style.

For me it’s a matter of making them blend in rather than stand out (some would argue go with a color that stands out or accents something in the room). Based on green walls, I’d choose black, coffee, or hunter green.

But then again, I can imagine myself walking into a room and seeing the red on green and thinking, damn, I never would have done that but it works!

I suggest getting a roll of wrapping paper in the colors you think you might like and taping a sheet of it to your wall to get an idea of what works and what doesn’t.

Conservative.

I also thought of the red on green effect you described:) Thanks, wrapping paper as a test is good idea.

mcpaf76 06-08-2018 11:15 PM

Have you checked out their art panels? I did upgraded white material on my soffit bass traps and three custom art panels for my rear wall. Looks very good.

SAPHANA 06-08-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpaf76 (Post 918152)
Have you checked out their art panels? I did upgraded white material on my soffit bass traps and three custom art panels for my rear wall. Looks very good.

I use this media room purely for watching videos, so most of the time it will be completely dark. ArtPanel can look very good but will be a waste in my use case.

However, really thanks for this suggestion, because I can use several ArtPanels in my listening room, which has a blank front wall now.

audioguy3107 06-09-2018 12:41 PM

Han - I ordered the corner traps from GIK in burgundy, I think they look great. Nice color.

- Buck

W9TR 06-09-2018 12:51 PM

Panel Color?

I think GIK uses Guildford of Maine fabrics or you can get them as an option. FR 701 is the industry standard and comes in a lot of custom colors.

At any rate take the time to get a swatch book from GIK and/or GoM to see the fabrics as they will actually appear, not how they look on your (probably) uncalibrated monitor.

Also look at color combos from designers like Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfinger. They have some great Hunter/Navy/Burgundy combos.

Tom

krustycat 06-09-2018 01:47 PM

Just let your wife choose, that way you can spend more $$$ on equipment and you will say, “but I let you choose the Panels’ Colors, what more do you want from me?”

[emoji23]