AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   McIntosh Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mc Trade Up (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43722)

miner 09-05-2018 09:16 AM

Mc Trade Up

McIntosh Trade Up being offered again - this time around for amps and preamps. Up to 75% of retail.

tratliff 09-05-2018 12:47 PM

I talked with McIntosh today. Was looking to trade my C50 for a C2600. That trade would not qualify. They said I would have to move to a C1100 for the TradeUp program to take the C50. Based on what I read in the email I thought it would be a great proposition to go to the C2600 but to have to move to the C1100 my budget can't support it.

Seems to me they should be more transparent on the details of the TradeUp program! Check the details before getting your hopes up.

jrsub 09-05-2018 12:47 PM

I am curious about trading up my MC302 to an MC462. Does anyone know if they would use the current MSRP of the MC302 or use the MSRP when the product was first released for the 75% credit? Did you have to of purchased the original device new from the same dealer? Are there any other restrictions? I saw posted here from a previous upgrade offer that the price of the new item had to exceed a certain amount over the original item price.

jdandy 09-05-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tratliff (Post 930128)
I talked with McIntosh today. Was looking to trade my C50 for a C2600. That trade would not qualify. They said I would have to move to a C1100 for the TradeUp program to take the C50. Based on what I read in the email I thought it would be a great proposition to go to the C2600 but to have to move to the C1100 my budget can't support it.

Seems to me they should be more transparent on the details of the TradeUp program! Check the details before getting your hopes up.

tratliff.......It seems to me you may not have followed the McIntosh TradeUP instructions that are clearly stated in the promotional email. There is no issue with transparency.

From the promotional email:

Promotional period: September 4 – October 31, 2018. Offer valid only in the US and Canada to US and Canadian customers who make a purchase during the promotional period from a participating US or Canadian Authorized McIntosh Dealer. Purchases made at non-participating or non-authorized dealers will not qualify. The entire purchase must be made in a single transaction, from a single participating Authorized McIntosh Dealer. Trade-In units must be in acceptable working and physical condition with no more than ordinary wear and tear. Deductions may be taken off the Trade-In value based on product condition or lack of original packaging. Units modified from their original design do not qualify. Only models listed on the qualified Trade-In list are eligible to be traded in, and with certain limited exceptions that your Authorized McIntosh Dealer can explain, only one Trade-In unit will be accepted per new product purchased. See your participating Authorized McIntosh Dealer for details. Prior sales excluded.

There is nothing ambiguous about the McIntosh TradeUP program or their promotional email. It is made clear you must contact your authorized McIntosh dealer for full details. Just because a person desires a specific TradeUp deal doesn't mean it is supported by the current TradeUp program policy. It has nothing to do with McIntosh not being transparent, and everything to do with a customer contacting their authorized McIntosh dealer for complete TradeUp program details.

tratliff 09-05-2018 04:48 PM

You are right Dan. My wants took over when I read the small print.

Would have been a great way to move into a C2600 but I'll have to find another path.

scirica 09-05-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tratliff (Post 930147)
You are right Dan. My wants took over when I read the small print.

Would have been a great way to move into a C2600 but I'll have to find another path.

You just need to keep your eyes out for a clean used C2600. You will find it!

rushca01 09-05-2018 07:16 PM

Give audio classics a call for a used 2600.

Eric-E 09-05-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 930134)
tratliff.......It seems to me you may not have followed the McIntosh TradeUP instructions that are clearly stated in the promotional email. There is no issue with transparency.

From the promotional email:

Promotional period: September 4 – October 31, 2018. Offer valid only in the US and Canada to US and Canadian customers who make a purchase during the promotional period from a participating US or Canadian Authorized McIntosh Dealer. Purchases made at non-participating or non-authorized dealers will not qualify. The entire purchase must be made in a single transaction, from a single participating Authorized McIntosh Dealer. Trade-In units must be in acceptable working and physical condition with no more than ordinary wear and tear. Deductions may be taken off the Trade-In value based on product condition or lack of original packaging. Units modified from their original design do not qualify. Only models listed on the qualified Trade-In list are eligible to be traded in, and with certain limited exceptions that your Authorized McIntosh Dealer can explain, only one Trade-In unit will be accepted per new product purchased. See your participating Authorized McIntosh Dealer for details. Prior sales excluded.

There is nothing ambiguous about the McIntosh TradeUP program or their promotional email. It is made clear you must contact your authorized McIntosh dealer for full details. Just because a person desires a specific TradeUp deal doesn't mean it is supported by the current TradeUp program policy. It has nothing to do with McIntosh not being transparent, and everything to do with a customer contacting their authorized McIntosh dealer for complete TradeUp program details.

I have to disagree. I contacted my authorized McIntosh dealer (as directed) to discuss trading my C200 in on a C1100. The C200 is on McIntosh’s list of approved trade-ins. The dealer said, “yes, original MSRP was $7100 so I would receive a trade-in value of $5325.” I explained that during the last trade-up program there were certain conditions that made trading it for other Mac gear impossible. The dealer said that in the past Mac received several complaints from customers over the fine print (seen only by dealers) and this time there would be none of that.

Later he called back to say that he had been discussing my trade with McIntosh for quite a while and unfortunately I could not trade the C200 in on a C1100. He said I would need to buy more expensive gear but could not say how much more.

When I discussed this trade with another dealer last time I was told the original MSRP was $7800 and the 75% trade value was $5850. The catch at that time was that the new item had to have an MSRP of at least the trade-in’s original MSRP ($7800) + the 75% credit ($5850). In this case $7800 + $5850 = an MSRP of $13650 or more. That cut out the C1100 by $650.

To get the MSRP of an item one has to contact a dealer who has to get that info from McIntosh. McIntosh will then tell the dealer whether or not they will accept the trade. No amount of reading McIntosh’s promotional email or any of its links will tell you any of this. Asking an authorized dealer will reveal little more than what one can glean from the web as they have to get all their info from McIntosh.

So yes, I agree that the program is ambiguous.

mintakaX 09-05-2018 09:21 PM

I just purchased a MC 462 (being delivered tomorrow) and am possibly going to trade in my 19 year old MC 352. My dealer is trying to figure out its value, but did not mention this super-duper trade in. Sounds like McIntosh is just not publicizing the list of qualifying models ? I seriously doubt my old trusty 352 will make the cut :)

Eric-E 09-05-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mintakaX (Post 930187)
I just purchased a MC 462 (being delivered tomorrow) and am possibly going to trade in my 19 year old MC 352. My dealer is trying to figure out its value, but did not mention this super-duper trade in. Sounds like McIntosh is just not publicizing the list of qualifying models ? I seriously doubt my old trusty 352 will make the cut :)

The MC352 is on the list of qualified trade in items. There is a link from their website.