AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Welcome Everyone! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=58)

Rilands 11-11-2010 12:51 PM

BlueChiaro,
Welcome to AA.

Mike

Argos17 11-11-2010 03:14 PM

Hi,

My name is Ken and I am an AA. Several systems:
Meridian set up - no speakers - Currently looking;

Jolida driving Klipsch

Home theater Denon -Pioneer and the poors man's Wilson - Soundwave Metronomes on top of Soundwave Silouttes - Sounds pretty darn good.

Retiring my Acoustat 1+1's been with me for 12 years!

jdandy 11-11-2010 04:15 PM

BlueChiaro.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. Great to see you jump on the Subscriber banner right out of the chute. :wave:

jdandy 11-11-2010 04:16 PM

Argos17.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

PHC1 11-11-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueChiaro (Post 117467)
Hi, everyone...a friend has emailed me links to your posts from here and AK for years, so I have finally decided to join the party. Unfortunately, I've never really been a message board user, and it all seems pretty overwhelming!

I figured that a good way to start is by sharing a little information. I'm currently a B&W N802 guy with Simaudio i-7 integrated & Supernova CD player. Bryston 4B-ST & 3B-ST round out my theater setup with B&W HTM1 & SCM8 speakers. I'm going to add a start-up vinyl setup with the new Rega RP1 turntable. I've just begun acquiring some albums as I've never owned any...not going to get too seriously into it, but want to see what the fuss is all about since I grew up sheltered as a kid without a record player. :sigh: My office system is Bryston's BCD-1 cd player into their B-60R integrated and they play through B&W CDM1-SE speakers...love that amp/speaker combo.

Finally (as if there is ever a last word when it comes to this hobby), I'm in the early stages of creating a two-channel system...and the best part...my wife is on board! Wilsons (up to Sasha/used MAXX2) are on the radar for that system along with Vandersteen 5A, and maybe some others. I'll probably pair them with the Simaudio stuff, initially, and slide another Bryston 4B-ST (just sold one :scratch2:) into the HT setup.

Looking forward to being a little part of your community... :cheers:

Welcome to AA BlueChiaro!
Philly suburbs? Bryston? Wilson? Looks like we have some things in common. :D Drop me a pm if you ever want to meet or chat. :thumbsup:

BearCubinNY 11-11-2010 06:02 PM

BlueChiaro, welcome!

Reg

BearCubinNY 11-11-2010 06:04 PM

Ken (Argos17), welcome to AA. It's a nice place to hang!

Reg

Masterlu 11-11-2010 07:36 PM

BlueChiaro, Welcome to AA :thumbsup:

Masterlu 11-11-2010 07:41 PM

Argos17 glad you found us! ;)

BlueChiaro 11-11-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 117533)
Welcome to AA BlueChiaro!
Philly suburbs? Bryston? Wilson? Looks like we have some things in common. :D Drop me a pm if you ever want to meet or chat. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I spent the afternoon listening to Wilsons (Sophia 3, Sasha, and (one song) Alexandria), the Elipsas, and some Vandersteens...not a bad way to pass some time. Thanks for the pm offer...I'll surely reach out at some point, and please feel free to do the same.

Thanks to everyone else, as well, for the greetings!