AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Shhh...I have a love affair with Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=949)

'cisco 05-24-2009 12:27 AM

Shhh...I have a love affair with Sonus Faber

Well....don't tell my PMC's....... but I have the hots for some Sonus Faber :drool:

I really love her curves, how she's built but I have yet to hear how she can sing to me. :sigh:
Most notably the Guarneri Memento's makes my toes curl.....she is so gorgeous in red :drool: but more realistically it will be the Cremona Auditors in maple. :drool:

I see a road trip if this is more than just a infatuation or summer fling. :music:

1KW 05-24-2009 06:33 AM

You seem to have the same hi fi taste as me looking at your signature :D . The auditors and the memento's both sound really great ! For the price of the memento's now you can buy the Elipsa speakers . My dealer has offered to take my Cremona's back and give the new discount price which is very very tempting. I am not sure if the Elipsa's will be too big for my room as I my chair is only about 9 1/2 feet from my speakers. Getting back to your initial post I understand, funny how want turns to reality pretty quickly here on AA.

jdandy 05-24-2009 10:27 AM

'cisco.......OH, no! Tell me it's not true. Remember, beauty is only skin deep. Ugly goes all the way to the crossover. :D

Alberto 05-24-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'cisco (Post 16591)
Most notably the Guarneri Memento's makes my toes curl.....she is so gorgeous in red :drool: but more realistically it will be the Cremona Auditors in maple. :drool:

'cisco,

If you are open to buying a used pair, you should strongly consider a pair of Homages which will set you back as much as a new Auditor. Auditors are great 'lil speakers, but the Guarneris are in a different class both in terms of looks and sound.

I bought my Homages for $6K from Audiogon a couple of years ago, in this economy you can get Mementos for 9K and Homages for 5K.

Like with the 501s, with a pair of Guarneris (H or M) you'll be set for a loooong time and you won't be drooling after other speakers :D.

Alberto

PS I believe there's an AA member with a pair of each ... perhaps he's thinks he has too much of a good thing - hint, hint.

'cisco 05-24-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 16630)
'cisco.......OH, no! Tell me it's not true. Remember, beauty is only skin deep. Ugly goes all the way to the crossover. :D

Dan....you are absolutely right about beauty....but all these SF owners can't be all wrong :D Besides...this could be just a summer fling or a long lasting relationship?.....but there's no denying that these SF are a thing of beauty----Italian Style :yes:

Who knows....I may keep my PMC's and use the SF as the second pair :scratch2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberto (Post 16633)
'cisco,

If you are open to buying a used pair, you should strongly consider a pair of Homages which will set you back as much as a new Auditor. Auditors are great 'lil speakers, but the Guarneris are in a different class both in terms of looks and sound.

I bought my Homages for $6K from Audiogon a couple of years ago, in this economy you can get Mementos for 9K and Homages for 5K.

Like with the 501s, with a pair of Guarneris (H or M) you'll be set for a loooong time and you won't be drooling after other speakers :D.

Alberto

PS I believe there's an AA member with a pair of each ... perhaps he's thinks he has too much of a good thing - hint, hint.

Alberto.....thanks for your thoughts...very much appreciated :thumbsup:

Correct me if I'm wrong....Aren't the "Mementos" in the "Homage" line or are they different speakers all together? Totally confused now :dazed-7: I loved the pics that Serge posted on his "GM" :drool:

:: SONUS FABER ::

I believe I know which AA member you're talking about.:D There is a pair of Auditors on 'gon in the Bay Area--Alameda I believe...

I planted a seed in my local dealer's head for a SF dealership....no answer yet...maybe he's ignoring me :tears:

Alberto 05-24-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'cisco (Post 16663)
Correct me if I'm wrong....Aren't the "Mementos" in the "Homage" line or are they different speakers all together? Totally confused now :dazed-7: I loved the pics that Serge posted on his "GM" :drool:

The Guarneri Mementos are the second version of the Guarneri Homage (you could say evolution of the Homage, but many prefer the H to the M) and yes, they are in the top line - where they belong.

In terms of looks, the GH and GM are VERY similar, different stands (straight vs tilted) and different finish, but you can tell they are very closely related.

As I said, a used pair of GH will cost you close to what you'd pay for a new pair of Auditors M - possibly less. But instead of owning one of the best monitor speakers (i.e. the Auditors) you'd be owning a legendary one (and not take any significant depreciation).

The choice would be a no-brainer, but the challenge is to find a great pair of used Guarneri from a source you can trust 100%. I am NOT selling mine (don't think I ever will), but if you want to arrange for a visit and a first-hand audition send me a PM - I am around this week-end.

Alberto

'cisco 05-24-2009 02:09 PM

Thanks Alberto for the links and "clarification" of the GH and GM :thumbsup:
Since it will be hard to find a nice, used GH...I'll start saving some moolah now or if a nice GM shows up with a great price. I'm not ruling out the Auditors at this time though :no:

If I should ever come back home for a visit, I will definitely pm you about an audition...thank you :thumbsup: Haven't done much traveling in a couple of years...spending my moolah on Mac instead :D

1KW 05-24-2009 02:26 PM

Someone on this forum has a used pair of cremona's near where you live and the pictures atleast look mint. http://audioaficionado.org/selling/6...5200-00-a.html

'cisco 05-24-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 16683)
Someone on this forum has a used pair of cremona's near where you live and the pictures atleast look mint. http://audioaficionado.org/selling/6...5200-00-a.html

David....I am not currently living in San Francisco but in Hawaii now....though I wish I was :sigh: :tears: There are way more opportunities for equipment on the mainland.....mmm....could be a bad thing? :D

If I were.... I would be knocking on his door for an audition and driving home a little heavier and happy as a lark :D

gregswaim 05-24-2009 02:53 PM

Do you have island sickness Lavon? :scratch2: :D