AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Stillpoints (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Stillpoints ULtra SS and Ultra Mini's under dCS Transport/MC2301's and C1100 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40954)

jdandy 10-29-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 876000)
Haste makes waste they say – slow down and think a couple times before doing something & try to address & resolve anything that could cause an unfortunate disaster.

Bob.......Words of wisdom. :thumbsup:

j3brow 10-29-2017 10:23 PM

Stillpoints ULtra SS and Ultra Mini's under dCS Transport/MC2301's and C1100

Excellent job Bob! Looks fantastic. Now sit back enjoy the fruits of your labor for about a week or two, take notes on sonic improvements, then only another 6 hours to flip the orientations of the SS and take more notes so we all know which way sounds the best!!!!

Ha! I kid.

I do find it interesting that Stillpoints gives the owners 2 ways to screw the SS into our gear. The way you have done, which aesthetically speaking is a knockout ; and the opposite way by twisting off the hi-hat revealing a threaded “hole” just like the bottom of the SS has.

Using the threaded adapters directly beneath the hi-hat means the technology packet is directly coupled or “that much closer” to the piece of gear it is draining.

My Stillpoints dealer at the time stated that was the preferred method, at least with speakers. I never tried it the other way to see if he was right. Sounds like a fun experiment for the insane among us.

I will be going back to SS and Mini under all my components next year so the orientation dilemma is something I have been thinking about. I’m probably over thinking it.

vintage_tube 10-29-2017 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 876025)
Excellent job Bob! Looks fantastic.

I do find it interesting that Stillpoints gives the owners 2 ways to screw the SS into our gear. The way you have done, which aesthetically speaking is a knockout ; and the opposite way by twisting off the hi-hat revealing a threaded “hole” just like the bottom of the SS has.

Using the threaded adapters directly beneath the hi-hat means the technology packet is directly coupled or “that much closer” to the piece of gear it is draining.

My Stillpoints dealer at the time stated that was the preferred method, at least with speakers. I never tried it the other way to see if he was right. Sounds like a fun experiment for the insane among us.

Insane speaking here -- hahaha.

Jason--If you remove the hi-hat -- the screw is 10/32's and in my case w/dCS as like the Ultra SS under the Transport, it requires an M4 adapter to screw into the units threaded nuts.

(I think I have that correct).

Best Sir,

Bob

Masterlu 10-29-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 876036)
Insane speaking here -- hahaha.

Jason--If you remove the hi-hat -- the screw is 10/32's and in my case w/dCS as like the Ultra SS under the Transport, it requires an M4 adapter to screw into the units threaded nuts.

(I think I have that correct).

Best Sir,

Bob

Close, the hi-hat thread is 1/4-20

vintage_tube 10-30-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 876040)
Close, the hi-hat thread is 1/4-20

May have been a bit vague - If you remove the hi-hat on the Mini Ultra the thread is 8/32 -- right? Anyways won't fit the dCS.

Best Sir

Bob

Masterlu 10-30-2017 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 876044)
May have been a bit vague - If you remove the hi-hat on the Mini Ultra the thread is 8/32 -- right? Anyways won't fit the dCS.

Best Sir

Bob

Correct!

PASSFREAK 11-20-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 875841)
That's the truth! Stillpoints and HRS Damping plates are addictive!!! Will have you running back to the dealer in no time!!![emoji4]

Bob....Great looking system!!!

+1

PASSFREAK 12-08-2017 02:25 PM

I combine Nordost Sort Kone TC and BC with HRS DPX damping plates in the same piece of gear with amazing results too