AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Stillpoints (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Stillpoints ULtra SS and Ultra Mini's under dCS Transport/MC2301's and C1100 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40954)

chessman 10-29-2017 09:43 AM

Bob, I love your rig. Well done!

For The Love of Music 10-29-2017 10:01 AM

Hey Bob,

Happy to hear your excited with the addition of the Stillpoints, enjoy the sound!!!

I don’t know if anyone outside Audio knows the amount of work, time and patience it takes in this hobby, seems like installing 4 feet over an inch tall should only take 20, maybe 30 minutes - NOT!

Audiophilehi 10-29-2017 11:25 AM

Nice setup Bob! Love the r2r as well. :smoking:

As always a little effort goes a long way. Sounds like yours payed off big. :yes:

brownbear 10-29-2017 11:30 AM

That must have been a lot work and a big pain in the rear. I know you're glad that you did it and it must feel awesome. You already said it sounds awesome, so time to enjoy!

SCAudiophile 10-29-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 875676)
Bob... Super Job, well done! Welcome to Audio Crack-Land! :lmao:

That's the truth! Stillpoints and HRS Damping plates are addictive!!! Will have you running back to the dealer in no time!!![emoji4]

Bob....Great looking system!!!

streetspirit 10-29-2017 07:18 PM

The setup looks great Bob! With your superb system all that effort certainly pays off!

Mitch

Still-One 10-29-2017 07:30 PM

Bob
From the photo I am trying to determine whether you placed the stillpoints beneath each of your dCS components or just below the single piece and the Botton unit in the stack.

Looking good my man.

vintage_tube 10-29-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 875973)
Bob
From the photo I am trying to determine whether you placed the stillpoints beneath each of your dCS components or just below the single piece and the Botton unit in the stack.

Looking good my man.

Hi Jim -- That's correct -- placed 3 Ultra SS Silver using 3 M4 adapters which has it's own shelf and then placed 3 Ultra Minis' under the DAC which is supporting the remaining 2 units (UP & Clock).

Best Sir,

Bob

mcpaf76 10-29-2017 08:06 PM

I bet it was stressful disturbing all that perfectly set up gear, but looks like the end results turned out superb!

vintage_tube 10-29-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman (Post 875823)
Bob, I love your rig. Well done!

Thanks Randy – quite satisfied how it’s evolved over the years.:yes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 875826)
Hey Bob,

Happy to hear your excited with the addition of the Stillpoints, enjoy the sound!!!

I don’t know if anyone outside Audio knows the amount of work, time and patience it takes in this hobby, seems like installing 4 feet over an inch tall should only take 20, maybe 30 minutes - NOT!

You can say that again Ed.:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 875837)
Nice setup Bob! Love the r2r as well. :smoking:

As always a little effort goes a long way. Sounds like yours payed off big. :yes:

Yep maybe painstaking but there is a reward at the end.:music:

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownbear (Post 875840)
That must have been a lot work and a big pain in the rear. I know you're glad that you did it and it must feel awesome. You already said it sounds awesome, so time to enjoy!

Awfully glad they are in place now – move onto other things needing addressing – but enjoy the music as I trudge along.:thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 875841)
That's the truth! Stillpoints are addictive!!! Will have you running back to the dealer in no time!!![emoji4]

Bob....Great looking system!!!

Thanks Mark – hopefully I’ve checked off “stillpoints” for now anyways.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetspirit (Post 875971)
The setup looks great Bob! With your superb system all that effort certainly pays off!

Mitch

Thank you Mitch.:tiphat:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpaf76 (Post 875991)
I bet it was stressful disturbing all that perfectly set up gear, but looks like the end results turned out superb!

Thank you Sir :thumbsup:-- What’s stressful is constantly telling oneself to take a break now and then, relax, think things over – I always fear of carrying my TT & motor on the shelf to a place on the couch & tripping or stumbling or getting caught on a cord or some dumb mishap. I do lock the tonearm in place with some twist ties.

Same with moving equipment to the kitchen island for placing & cleaning; rather getting on ones knees on the carpet, etc. Haste makes waste they say – slow down and think a couple times before doing something & try to address & resolve anything that could cause an unfortunate disaster.

Best Sirs,

Bob