AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Events & Demos (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Rmaf 2016 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=36393)

2fastdriving 07-11-2016 02:03 PM

Rmaf 2016

I'm going to RMAF again...who else is going?

SL1800 07-22-2016 10:06 AM

I have said I was going "next year" several times but thinking about it really hard this year.

Still-One 07-22-2016 11:47 AM

At this point I might start the every other year schedule so I will probably skip 2016.

2fastdriving 07-22-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SL1800 (Post 793425)
I have said I was going "next year" several times but thinking about it really hard this year.

Let me know :yes:

If you've never been to a show before, you owe it to yourself. It's a lot of fun.

djwhog 07-22-2016 07:46 PM

On the list to go, but pending birth of another grandson :)

jdandy 07-22-2016 08:59 PM

Marc.......Not going. I don't have much interest in audio shows any more. I don't care for the crowds, the noise levels and noise intrusion from competing rooms, and the expense to pleasure ratio is heavily weighted on the expense side for an experience I've had plenty of already. I am so pleased with my sound systems and their performance I have no desire to spend time window shopping other equipment I have no real interest in owning. There will always be plenty of photos and published opinions to read that allow me to vicariously witness the event without actually participating. That's good enough for me.

2fastdriving 07-23-2016 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 793531)
Marc.......Not going. I don't have much interest in audio shows any more. I don't care for the crowds, the noise levels and noise intrusion from competing rooms, and the expense to pleasure ratio is heavily weighted on the expense side for an experience I've had plenty of already. I am so pleased with my sound systems and their performance I have no desire to spend time window shopping other equipment I have no real interest in owning. There will always be plenty of photos and published opinions to read that allow me to vicariously witness the event without actually participating. That's good enough for me.

I understand. There's probably only a handful of systems there that I'd find more compelling than mine. However, I learn a lot and get to meet industry leaders and legends. I'll never forget getting drunk with John curl. Can't do that sitting at home.

gaboudreaux 07-23-2016 12:40 PM

Marc, I may attend. I want to see/listen to some different speakers I may consider upgrading to.

jdandy 07-23-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 793553)
I understand. There's probably only a handful of systems there that I'd find more compelling than mine. However, I learn a lot and get to meet industry leaders and legends. I'll never forget getting drunk with John Curl. Can't do that sitting at home.

Marc.......Yes, that sounds like it could have been fun. John's come a long ways from mixing sound for San Francisco bands. I wounder if he ever tasted the punch bowl concoctions that always seemed to be around the Grateful Dead shows at Winterland. . :D

tom_hankins 07-28-2016 08:03 AM

Flight and room booked. :music: