AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Amati Futura (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=6995)

TommyC 02-04-2011 06:48 PM

Not bad, but I still prefer the Red finish.

What tweeter is that from? I like the look of the pointy Ring Radiator tweeter on the older model better.

Face 02-04-2011 06:56 PM

It's nice to see them naked finally!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyC (Post 138664)
What tweeter is that from? I like the look of the pointy Ring Radiator tweeter on the older model better.

I can take a guess, but won't. ;)

Regular domes generally have better off axis response than ring radiators.

1KW 02-04-2011 09:50 PM

The more I see pictures of this speaker the more I like it . Looking forward to hearing a pair in person.

jdandy 02-04-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 138696)
The more I see pictures of this speaker the more I like it . Looking forward to hearing a pair in person.

David.......A pair of Futura's would look good in your listening room. Then the Elipsa's can move to the home theater room. :thumbsup:

T-3G 02-04-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 138659)
Looks like the Japanese debut. They even put multiple Vicenza Stones under each speaker. Very nice.

Imagine how cool the reflection of your glowing MC275s would look in the finish of Futura. :naughty:

I know... I'm trying to imagine how the "Elipsa Futura" would look like :D

metaphacts 02-04-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-3G (Post 138706)
I know... I'm trying to imagine how the "Elipsa Futura" would look like :D

It will be interesting. Amati Futura's Exoskeleton and internal dampers are direct and obvious descendants of TSf. So TSf has it's first Homage offspring.

I'm curious if and how they will distill it down to the Classic range. And like Homage, will they take the most directly applicable cabinet first - the Lute shaped floorstander? Strad will be the last of Homage to become Futura. One has to wonder if that means the 2pi Elipsa will be the last of it's range to adapt.

Watching Sonus faber is going to be more fun than ever the next few years. :cheers:

Face 02-04-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 138696)

My thoughts exactly.

Masterlu 02-05-2011 12:14 AM

It is an amazingly great sounding speaker. :yes:

metaphacts 02-07-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face (Post 138716)
My thoughts exactly.

Come up to Salon Son & Image - the Montreal Show at the beginning of April. Great show and there will be a red pair playing there.

Or wait for your local Homage dealer to get them in - first ones are on the water now. :banana:

TommyC 02-07-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 139567)
Come up to Salon Son & Image - the Montreal Show at the beginning of April. Great show and there will be a red pair playing there.

Or wait for your local Homage dealer to get them in - first ones are on the water now. :banana:

I'm hoping my dealer will do a Amati Futura event. If they do, I'll be sure to snap some photos.