AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Avantgarde Horns (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=926)

JSCC 05-22-2009 12:54 PM

New Avantgarde Horns

2 Attachment(s)
Avantgarde Acoustics had revealed their latest changes on their horn models. The new Model 3 integrated amplifier would match very well with them. I would go an audition them tomorrow ...... at least, the amplifier is available to match with current models like Uno Picco ..... :D

howiebrou 05-26-2009 11:57 AM

Jerry,

Avantgarde horns are fantastic. One of my favourite speakers of all time :yes:

PHC1 05-26-2009 01:04 PM

Looking forward to your listening impressions Jerry. :music:

Dj_AmTraX 05-26-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howiebrou (Post 17049)
Jerry,

I agree. :thumbsup:

JSCC 05-26-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howiebrou (Post 17049)
Jerry,

Howie Bro,

If so, would it be good enough to move you to change your Meridian 8000's?

Just joking ... want to die meh? Right?

Me too, just go listen, have an idea, come back - if impressive, drool a little and then forget all about it! Simple because I just had new toys and they have yet to collect enough dust to be taken as "time for a change" story!

In today's economic weather, even if we print money, need some time for them to dry! :D

Cheers!

JSCC 05-26-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 17076)
Looking forward to your listening impressions Jerry. :music:

I will go and listen - if the local dealer here import them. The Model 3 integrated amp is here and I saw it. Small little wonderful looking thing and very well made too!

These days, whenever I look at some German stuff, be it a watch, integrated amp or speakers, they gave me this feeling that they are very well engineered! And they are!

By the way, the latest Lange Ziewerk is really tempting. I just managed to make my wife said the approving words .... "its nice and if you think you like it, maybe you can think about buying one"! That made my day!

Wowee, I am going to check the prices today! No new hifi, but got chance for new watch! Especially to replace the Lange 1 I sold because of a "whack" I gave it when talking/waving my hand over a teppanyaki table! Sheesh!

The only thing is that it does not have a "date"! Oh well, I can forego that! :D

PHC1 05-26-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSCC (Post 17187)
I will go and listen - if the local dealer here import them. The Model 3 integrated amp is here and I saw it. Small little wonderful looking thing and very well made too!

These days, whenever I look at some German stuff, be it a watch, integrated amp or speakers, they gave me this feeling that they are very well engineered! And they are!

By the way, the latest Lange Ziewerk is really tempting. I just managed to make my wife said the approving words .... "its nice and if you think you like it, maybe you can think about buying one"! That made my day!

Wowee, I am going to check the prices today! No new hifi, but got chance for new watch! Especially to replace the Lange 1 I sold because of a "whack" I gave it when talking/waving my hand over a teppanyaki table! Sheesh!

The only thing is that it does not have a "date"! Oh well, I can forego that! :D

Jerry, that Lange Zietwerk is gorgeous. :yes: After owning the Lange RL, I have really learned to appreciate the brand. :thumbsup: The Zeitwerk may make me come out of the watch collecting hibernation. :D

http://www.petercde.com/ALS2009/ZW/0..._140_029_M.jpg

JSCC 05-26-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 17193)
Jerry, that Lange Zietwerk is gorgeous. :yes: After owning the Lange RL, I have really learned to appreciate the brand. :thumbsup: The Zeitwerk may make me come out of the watch collecting hibernation. :D

http://www.petercde.com/ALS2009/ZW/0..._140_029_M.jpg

I can never afford the platinum ... but the Pink Gold certainly is on the list! Lets make it two in a row Serge! :thumbsup: You can go for the Platinum!

Still-One 05-26-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSCC (Post 17185)
Howie Bro,

If so, would it be good enough to move you to change your Meridian 8000's?

Just joking ... want to die meh? Right?

Me too, just go listen, have an idea, come back - if impressive, drool a little and then forget all about it! Simple because I just had new toys and they have yet to collect enough dust to be taken as "time for a change" story!

In today's economic weather, even if we print money, need some time for them to dry! :D

Cheers!

Jerry
Did you go and hear them at Audio Note or a friends home. The usually drive them with Air Tight or Art Audio.
Jim

JSCC 05-26-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillone (Post 17273)
Jerry
Did you go and hear them at Audio Note or a friends home. The usually drive them with Air Tight or Art Audio.
Jim

Jim,

Thats the standard package deal Audio Note sells them. Its either Audio Note M3 Pre (or higher) matched with Audio Note Conquest (or higher amps) before ... and most recently, after they had acquired the agency for Air Tight, its now ATE Ref with 211 monos ...... Not too bad I must say BUT somehow, I always feel the voicing would be that much more right with the speaker's own amps - in this case, the integrated Model 3.

I can always walked in with an intention to purchase an entire system from them starting with Model 3 amp plus this new latest Avantgarde speakers. Thats what I intend to do to get that audition!

Cheers!