AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Streaming & Television Shows (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   British Combat Series: Our Girl (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46832)

Puma Cat 10-12-2019 09:50 PM

British Combat Series: Our Girl

Just finished the first season of Our Girl on Amazon Prime streaming.

Our Girl tells the story and experiences of a London woman, Molly Dawes. In her early 20's. Molly comes from a troubled family with an ever-pregnant mother and a dysfunctional father. Bright and attractive but with a street-wise and coarse manner, its clear her life, even at her young age, looks to become as troubled and hopeless as her parents.

After a night out drunk, she throws up on the doorstep of a British Army recruiting office, and then goes back the same office and enlists the next day, seeking something other than her bleak future.

Season 1 tells the story of her basic training, "passing through", and her first tour as a combat medic.

Accurate, complex, real, and emotionally honest, Our Girl portrays the life of a young woman and her "mates" in incredibly tough and demanding situations and missions in Afghanistan fighting the Taliban.

It also portrays her developing into her full potential as a leader and a human being, along with the challenges, physical, emotional, and psychological trauma every combat veteran must cope with with while somehow trying to remain whole.

With superb casting, direction, and acting, Our Girl is, in a word, OUTSTANDING.

Highest possible recommendation. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Still-One 10-13-2019 05:35 PM

Stephen
Thanks for the heads up. Will give it a go soon.

Puma Cat 10-13-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 982411)
Stephen
Thanks for the heads up. Will give it a go soon.

Cheers, Jim.

Welcome your thoughts on Season 1.

Season 2 is with a different character and actress; watching it now.

Still-One 10-13-2019 11:23 PM

We watched the first two episodes this evening. We both liked it and look forward to the rest of the first season. Too bad about switching actresses. So far I like her.

Still-One 10-21-2019 10:08 PM

Finished the last episode from Season 1. We enjoyed it and look forward to season 2. The only part of the story line I thought was odd was with their CO. Don’t want to spoil it for others.

crwilli 10-29-2019 09:55 PM

British Combat Series: Our Girl

I have finished both seasons. I liked season 1 more. In season 2, it took some time to figure out who was who and get used to the new Molly.

No idea why the change occurred but I have my suspicions. The new Molly looks nothing like a bad ass army medic but in the end, she pulls it off.

Puma Cat 10-30-2019 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 984038)
I have finished both seasons. I liked season 1 more. In season 2, it took some time to figure out who was who and get used to the new Molly.

No idea why the change occurred but I have my suspicions. The new Molly looks nothing like a bad ass army medic but in the end, she pulls it off.

Yeah, I agree that Season 1 is strong than Season 2. The new medic is not Molly, though, she's (Georgie) Lane.

crwilli 10-30-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 984067)
Yeah, I agree that Season 1 is strong than Season 2. The new medic is not Molly, though, she's (Georgie) Lane.

Gulp, so it was a series about a totally new medic with the same ‘Boss’. Hmmm.

Still-One 10-30-2019 08:47 AM

They handle the change nicely. They refer to Molly and where she is. It isn't just Molly gone as The Boss" is the officer of a and all new squad and it at least a few years later. The new "Girl" is very different personality wise from Molly but it is good they did not try an mimic her brashness. We liked in season 1 for the way she could give and take the squads crap. Georgie is very different yet has also earned the Teams respect. In addition she has that look that just owns the screen even in fatigues.

crwilli 10-30-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 984076)
...In addition she has that look that just owns the screen even in fatigues.

She does all that and more.