AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shooting Sports (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Any experience using online gun brokers? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39068)

mtroo 04-10-2017 10:52 PM

Any experience using online gun brokers?

At least 10 years ago, I used Gunbroker to buy and sell a few firearms. It worked well, but after reading some of the horror stories of EBay and Audiogon, I am a little hesitant. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks.

Yamaki 04-11-2017 07:28 AM

I've used Gunbroker several times, Tim, with no problems. It's all about the seller's ratings there, as with eBay, but I've not had a bad experience there with the seller's I have done business with. I consider doing business there pretty safe because gun seller's can't afford to pull any crap on buyers. It could put their FFL in jeopardy.

When looking for a new weapon I tend to go to Grab A Gun or Bud's Gun Shop online sites. They tend to have the best BIN pricing and both will price match with certain conditions. I've had excellent service from both.

Happy shooting!

mtroo 04-11-2017 01:15 PM

Thanks Michael. Have you had experience as a seller on Gunbroker or other similar sites?

Masterlu 04-11-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtroo (Post 841321)
Thanks Michael. Have you had experience as a seller on Gunbroker or other similar sites?

I have used Gunbroker as both a buyer and seller; all transactions have gone perfectly smooth. :yes:

MasterLuJr 04-11-2017 03:33 PM

Yup, I've used gunbroker without issues. I've sold and bought on there. When I buy I tend to only buy from a FFL/dealer versus a "individual". Being it goes from to FFL to FFL I tend not to worry about the transaction like on a eBay or something. Not like they can send your FFL a brick or something and say it was a firearm lol

Yamaki 04-11-2017 03:39 PM

Tim,

I have not sold a gun on Gun Broker. I can't seem to bring myself to sell any of my firearms.

I just keep "collecting" them. :D

mtroo 04-11-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamaki (Post 841333)
Tim,

I have not sold a gun on Gun Broker. I can't seem to bring myself to sell any of my firearms.

I just keep "collecting" them. :D

I have sold 2 guns total through the years. A Ruger No 1 in 416 Lott and an HK 45 USP. Kind of regret selling both of them. Just not sure why I need so many, but starting to have thoughts. Maybe a bigger safe? I use one gun for hunting, a 300 Wby. Seems to work wonders. Oh, and my Varmeggedon for prarie dogs. And my 17 HMR for gophers. Or one of my 22 lr. And some my 12 gauge for upland game birds, or one my 20 gauge side by side shotguns.

Wait a minute. Maybe I do need all these guns.

Masterlu 04-11-2017 06:15 PM

One can never have too many guns; 300 and counting. :whistle:

Legend Arms :scratch2:

Yamaki 04-11-2017 09:19 PM

LMAO, Tim!

Formerly YB-2 04-29-2017 07:02 AM

I buy & sell on Gunbroker quite a bit. Couple of hundred guns over the years. Only 'bad' transaction was when a buyer changed his mind after committing to the purchase. GB refunded my fees, so no loss. Like eBay, check the seller's feedback and don't deal with those that don't get good results.
I refuse to purchase a larger gun-safe as it is my sanity check. It will only fit 9 long-guns, so that is all I own. As a result, when I want another rifle I have to sell one from the safe. Keeps me from having safe-queens. Just bought a new CZ-452 for smallbore silhouette shooting so one must go. Anyone looking for a 'high-end' .22LR target rifle? Will be listing my Weihrauch on GB shortly.