AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Welcome Everyone! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=58)

Geert1962 01-13-2020 03:24 PM

Hello, My name is Geert (in English George) and live in The Netherlands. Living without music is for me impossible.
My late parents played piano and cello. I play cd's (classical music, jazz and The Beatles), stream and visit at least once a week the Royal Concertgebouw (Amsterdam) or another great concert hall in The Netherlands or in Europe. Thank G'd I've the time and money to enjoy music as much as possible.

Masterlu 01-13-2020 05:35 PM

Andik777... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Masterlu 01-13-2020 05:36 PM

Geert1962... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Andik777 01-13-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 992275)
Andik777... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Thank you

Geert1962 01-14-2020 10:03 AM

Dank je wel. Thank you.

calamarcillo 02-20-2020 08:44 AM

Hey I subscribed looking for feedback from another user and I forgot these old rules of minimiun posts and that stuff. I find forums kind of forgoten by google nowadays, maybe because they can't cookie-control them (as FB, IG, wordpress, etc.)
Its been a while since I joined a forum. I'm from Barcelona, a place where, you may not believe it, the "hi-fi world" is full of "experts" with a thousand-euros ethernet cable. And where 10 years ago I got kicked out of many shops because they said "flac" wasn't a proper format for HiFi!

Masterlu 02-20-2020 02:02 PM

calamarcillo… Welcome to AA! :wave:

hesavary 02-21-2020 04:18 AM

New on the forum

Hi All,

As indicated in the title of this tread, I just registered on the forum.
My name is Hervé, located in France.
I am in music & Hifi since long but just made a big upgrade to my system recently:

Speakers: WA Yvette
Amp: Accuphase E-800 integrated
Source: Aurender A10 - Listening mostly Qobuz stream
HP cables: Van den hull 3T the Air hybrid
XLR cable Aurender to E-800: Esprit Eterna

I did the upgrade (all except the speaker cables) about one month ago, it would be an undertatement to say that I am delighted: Yvette & E-800 association is a dream. Aurender A10 is providing excellent music flow. My previous system was way below.

My next upgrade will be the speaker cables, I am looking with envy at the Transparent reference HC. My wallet doens't allow it yet, but hopefuly that will come.

I enjoy every minute with the new system, rediscovering my favorite music

Masterlu 02-21-2020 01:33 PM

hesavary… Welcome to AA! :wave:

direstraitsfan98 02-24-2020 06:07 PM

Hi guys! I'm new here. Hoping to get into the mcintosh brand.

audioguy3107 02-24-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by direstraitsfan98 (Post 996424)
Hi guys! I'm new here. Hoping to get into the mcintosh brand.

Welcome to AA. :welcome2.: So whose your favorite band? No, I’m kidding. :D

- Buck

direstraitsfan98 02-25-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 996427)
Welcome to AA. :welcome2.: So whose your favorite band? No, I’m kidding. :D

- Buck

I am about to place an order for two pieces of mcintosh kit from my local dealer. I’m so excited !

chinkowski 03-24-2020 10:46 AM

Howdy,
Greetings from balmy Binghamton, NY. Home of you know who. Within the last couple years i've been bit by the bug really hard. i need help, so here i am. thanks for letting me in.

Masterlu 03-24-2020 12:56 PM

chinkowski... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Gav 04-04-2020 04:59 PM

Hi All

I am from Sydney Australia

I have a pair of old (26y)
Guarneri Homage
Music First Classic(Pre)
Meridian 556 (100w)
Consonance Droplet (CD)
Interconnects Yter
Speaker Cable Cardas Golden Cross

I also have and have not used for along time a Pair Melody Pure Blacks which are KT88 100w Amps, I must get these up and running again.

kajos 04-04-2020 07:25 PM

Hey guys! This is Karel from Czech Republic.... got this hi-end audio sickness in Vietnam.... during my 8years in Saigon :-) So brought back some Unison Research valve stuff, than bought Tannoy Autograph Minis.... dreaming of Kensington or bigger Prestige speakers... getting into vinyl LP recordings lately a lot.... and yes, hi-fi too.... Marantz sr6007 and Monitor Audio Silver speakers.... all they had :-) in 7.1 setup.
But these Tannoy Prestige.... there is something... i dont know... you play it through class-A tube amp.... you play it through basic Marantz AVR... and it is both somehow different but still SO AMAZING... :-) Have to try all Tannoys to find out “what is going on exactly.....”, i guess :-)
Thanks for inspiration... actually lot of inspiration in here!!
Enjoyyy your time!

Karel

Antonmb 04-04-2020 08:14 PM

Gav and Karel, welcome aboard!

brad1138 04-07-2020 10:06 PM

Hello. What do I have to do to be able to post my own thread?

McMusicman 04-08-2020 10:57 AM

Greetings from Cape Fear

Hello to everyone! Besides my love of music my other addictions include:

Diving & Spearfishing
Skiing (Always up for a trip to the Cottonwoods)
Rugby (now retired finally)

Nice to meet you all and look forward to making new friends.
Best...

admin 04-08-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad1138 (Post 1001195)
Hello. What do I have to do to be able to post my own thread?

Hi,
If you’re a new user with less than 10 posts you do not have the ability to post new threads,private message,create a signature,add attachments or edit your profile. We do this to prevent spamming,virus, and spyware attacks on the forum. Once you reach 10 approved posts you will gain some of these privileges. I receive numerous emails saying “But I need to post my question right away”? The answer than is to become a subscriber on the site and you will automatically have the ability to post.The only way to receive instant access to start threads, post without waiting for moderator to approve, private message,etc is to become a subscriber.

Link to become a subscriber : https://www.audioaficionado.org/payments.php

All the best & Enjoy the Site!

Masterlu 04-08-2020 11:55 AM

McMusicman... Welcome to AA! :wave:

DVass13 04-08-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMusicman (Post 1001232)
Hello to everyone! Besides my love of music my other addictions include:

Diving & Spearfishing
Skiing (Always up for a trip to the Cottonwoods)
Rugby (now retired finally)

Nice to meet you all and look forward to making new friends.
Best...

Welcome McMusicman!

Pjotr27 04-13-2020 11:39 AM

Hello my name is Peter, I am Dutch and I am living in Indonesia.
There are some small manufacturers here, later I will post something about them.

Masterlu 04-13-2020 03:25 PM

Pjotr27... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Bohnster 06-04-2020 03:38 PM

Greetings from a tiny baby.

New to this forum, so I can't really post. I love music and sweet stereo systems. Hate buyers remorse and love getting a great deal. Material things I'm into: BMW's (cars and superbikes), Ibis Mojo's, headphones, speakers. I'm an Electrical Engineer by education and can really get into the weeds.

Currently in the Denver Metro!

https://i.imgur.com/zyM2RBD.jpg

Masterlu 06-06-2020 08:16 PM

Bohnster... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Musicaficionado 08-14-2020 07:51 AM

Hi everybody from Rome! Congratulations on this interesting forum. I am reading a lot of comments on different subjects but most of all I am now interested in amplifiers, separates or integrated, because I would like to change my McIntosh MA6500. All the best and let's stay safe!

Masterlu 08-14-2020 04:56 PM

Musicaficionado... Welcome to AA! :wave:

outlander 08-25-2020 06:07 AM

Greetings from Yokohama, Japan!

Hi everyone - delighted to join the forum - having trawled the boards wonderful to see the positive dynamic. I am an Aussie based in Yokohama, Japan (been in Japan for 30 years). Bowers & Wilkins fan for the past 20 years or so but looking to redo my setup so will be looking for ideas and advice!

My current setup (home theatre/listening room) is as follows:
Bowers & Wilkins 802Ds | Bowers & Wilkins 805Ss | Bowers & Wilkins HTM2D | Bowers & Wilkins DB1 | Sony TA-DA5800ES | Classé CA3200 + Classé CA2200 | Sennheiser HD800s | Sony VPL-VW90ES | Kikuchi SES-90HDWA | Apple TV | Sony Playstation 4 Pro | Falcon Northwest Fragbox

Killermondodude 08-28-2020 02:25 PM

Hello I am Kevin I've used KillerMondoDude since 84 when i found a Video game at the arcade that would let me use 15 characters. It is an amalgamation of Killer (cool) Mondo (Stolen from Bette Midlers "Mondo Beyondo" HBO Special) and Dude. Everywhere i went and they had that game id destroy the previous high score therefore cementing my name at number 1 of the top 10 for a good while; It was my version of Kilroy was here. Most forums i frequent call me KMD even though its been a while since i frequented any forums but walla a brief history of me and here i am. Ive dabbled into sound and want to get deeper into the headphone rabbit hole (being that they are a more personal and intimate way of listening)
Thank you for reading my rambles and have a good one

maharajs 08-29-2020 01:42 AM

Hi, I’m Dean from South Africa, have played with a lot of gear and now I’m looking to fine tune the system and stop the playing and start the listening :)

sweerawardena 09-25-2020 01:05 AM

Hi,
I'm from Sri Lanka.

Masterlu 09-25-2020 02:46 PM

sweerawardena... Welcome to AA! :wave:

giubeppe 10-26-2020 08:01 PM

I'm Giuseppe from Southern California. Great folks around here and very interesting threads.

Masterlu 10-26-2020 11:09 PM

giubeppe... Welcome to AA! :wave:

massimo9184 11-03-2020 06:59 AM

Hello from Italy

My name is Massimo and thanks for welcoming me to AA I am very happy to share my audio passion with you.

JDCheek 11-03-2020 07:33 AM

Hello everyone, glad to be back on AA after an extended absence. Those 6 grandkids in my avatar have happened in those 7 years, so busy. I have a lot of thing to get to as I look to get my system back up and going. Excited to share later about my R2R purchase. I’m way, way behind on the digital side so really need some help with that..

More to come.

massimo9184 11-03-2020 04:41 PM

Hello from Italy

My name is Massimo and I am happy to share my passion for Audio on AA and with you. I'm passionate about tubes and amplifier restoration of the "Golden Age". Hello everybody.

sonduciel 11-22-2020 07:48 PM

Greetings from Corvallis Oregon

I am new here, and am happy to have recently found this forum, which has some very interesting threads.

After nearly 30 years with Superphon CD-Maxx preamp, a B&K ST140 amp, a Marantz CD player, and Spica TC-50 speakers, I completely redid my system after recent retirement. The biggest change is getting into the confusing but rewarding world of tubes. Learning about tweaks to my tube amp is one of the main reasons I'm here.

From 1960 on, my progression of speakers was: AR (Acoustic Research) 2, Klipsch Heresy, ESS Heil Towers, Thiel CS 2.5, Spica TC-50/Velodyne sub.

My new system: Bluesound Node 2i>>Denafrips Pontus>>Line Magnetic 34ia integrated tube amp>>Tekton Electron SE (junior Double Impact) speakers, REL 5 subwoofer, StraightWire and DH Lab cables. Secondary SS backup to the tube amp: Denafrips Hestia preamp>>Schiit Aegir amp.

David

PHC1 11-22-2020 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonduciel (Post 1022157)
I am new here, and am happy to have recently found this forum, which has some very interesting threads.

After nearly 30 years with Superphon CD-Maxx preamp, a B&K ST140 amp, a Marantz CD player, and Spica TC-50 speakers, I completely redid my system after recent retirement. The biggest change is getting into the confusing but rewarding world of tubes. Learning about tweaks to my tube amp is one of the main reasons I'm here.

From 1960 on, my progression of speakers was: AR (Acoustic Research) 2, Klipsch Heresy, ESS Heil Towers, Thiel CS 2.5, Spica TC-50/Velodyne sub.

My new system: Bluesound Node 2i>>Denafrips Pontus>>Line Magnetic 34ia integrated tube amp>>Tekton Electron SE (junior Double Impact) speakers, REL 5 subwoofer, StraightWire and DH Lab cables. Secondary SS backup to the tube amp: Denafrips Hestia preamp>>Schiit Aegir amp.

David

Welcome to AA David. Looking over your current system, I can tell you have been around the block with this hobby. :thumbsup: Tastefully and purposefully put together. Enjoy and welcome :music: